Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

So fitted the spacers about a week ago....

BAF72B35-1300-4537-AC8E-A6E50997CB0D-2493-000002484160464C.jpg

3DE93181-1757-4954-962C-62743EF6AD06-2493-00000248537194FA.jpg

EDFD1D75-822B-4B83-8A01-5E0536A81D0E-2493-0000024860A77752.jpg

EBE3A624-A259-485B-98C4-9C3B2C0CE85D-2493-000002486D164F62.jpg

29B0332A-03C4-4A1B-BF7C-3EAA5DD2CE46-2493-000002487E0A3BCB.jpg

20mm on the rear and 15mm on the front!

Untitled-35.jpg

Also got hold of some pre-facelift and got the tinting vinyl out! Opinions? As opposed to....

Untitled-30.jpg

massive inspiration for me as i also have a red vrs.. Getting my coilovers on and dropping it 50mm on monday and i have the same exhaust as you haha :) if you dont mind me asking, where did you get those spacers? They are ace, really after some myself but i dont have a clue where to look and how much they are.. also how low have you gone in mm mate? :)

Got to be honest im not one for the tinted hole of the rear light clusters but i do like yours! Put the fully tinted back onnnnnn! :)

I think I will you know :) I'll get the car MOT'd first with the standard lights - then I know there is no issue with them.

massive inspiration for me as i also have a red vrs.. Getting my coilovers on and dropping it 50mm on monday and i have the same exhaust as you haha :) if you dont mind me asking, where did you get those spacers? They are ace, really after some myself but i dont have a clue where to look and how much they are.. also how low have you gone in mm mate? :)

Thanks very much! Lowering is a must with these - they sit like a right monster truck! The spacers I picked up from the F/S section - they tend to pop up now and again :)

I'm not to sure how low it is to be honest mate. I'm running FK coilovers with them wound all the way down on the front and 17 more turns on the back.

Bit off topic here, but Dan... where in North Wales are you from?

Car is looking awesome by the way - can't wait to get the black detailing sorted on my Corrida Red vRS :-)

I'm either in Ruthin or Oswestry mate - are you local??

Ahh I do love the red ones - really glad I held out and found a red one in the end :)

I'm either in Ruthin or Oswestry mate - are you local??

Ahh I do love the red ones - really glad I held out and found a red one in the end :)

Cool mate - I am indeed local! Rhostyllen just on the edge of Wrexham near the A483.

Yeah same mate, I went after a red one, and was lucky enough to find one with factory leather with the red piping!

Cool mate - I am indeed local! Rhostyllen just on the edge of Wrexham near the A483.

Yeah same mate, I went after a red one, and was lucky enough to find one with factory leather with the red piping!

Is yours standard? Do you normally fill up in that Shell by the football ground? I've seen a red fabia VRS there twice but both times I wasn't in my car.

IIRC it's. 56 or 54 plate.

You were lucky to get that! That's something I would love in my car!

Edited by DanHam

Is yours standard? Do you normally fill up in that Shell by the football ground? I've seen a red fabia VRS there twice but both times I wasn't in my car.

IIRC it's. 56 or 54 plate.

You were lucky to get that! That's something I would love in my car!

There used to be a few around this way in red - I saw one coming the other way a few nights back in the dark, but couldn't see it properly, it was definitely modified though.

It's standard at the minute yes - not for long though! I've had it for a fair while and not touched it for various reasons, apart from it having black Spiders for a while. Big changes coming over the next 6 months!

I sometimes fill up there yes - Tesco other times.

Yeah mate definitely! It was my Dad's initially - he was after a new car so I suggested the vRS to him. He wasn't sold on the cream interior, but we went to look at a few. This was the 2nd one that we came across, and it just sold the car to us both straight away! The dealers didn't even have a clue how rare it was, so I tried not to point it out to them ha ha!

There used to be a few around this way in red - I saw one coming the other way a few nights back in the dark, but couldn't see it properly, it was definitely modified though.

It's standard at the minute yes - not for long though! I've had it for a fair while and not touched it for various reasons, apart from it having black Spiders for a while. Big changes coming over the next 6 months!

I sometimes fill up there yes - Tesco other times.

Yeah mate definitely! It was my Dad's initially - he was after a new car so I suggested the vRS to him. He wasn't sold on the cream interior, but we went to look at a few. This was the 2nd one that we came across, and it just sold the car to us both straight away! The dealers didn't even have a clue how rare it was, so I tried not to point it out to them ha ha!

I often come down the dual carriage way from Oswestry then get off at CoedPoeth and go up that way. Sometimes I venture into Wrexham to fill up with fuel.

I had a Shark map put onto mine down in Telford!

Ahh lucky to get away with that one ;) Was the leather offered as an optional extra or something?

I often come down the dual carriage way from Oswestry then get off at CoedPoeth and go up that way. Sometimes I venture into Wrexham to fill up with fuel.

I had a Shark map put onto mine down in Telford!

Ahh lucky to get away with that one ;) Was the leather offered as an optional extra or something?

Should meet up some time so I can have a ganders at your motor!!

I didn't realise they had a dealer is Telford... I was planning on getting Shark to map it anyway, so this information may prove useful!

Yeah definitely lucky that they didn't know what they had! It was a Seat dealer, and it was the only Fabia vRS they had there. As Ian says above, I think it was an expensive 're-trim' option. I think it was only introduced on the later models though. Mine's an '06 so this fits.... I checked on the options list on Parkers, and there isn't a leather option even listed there. it's definitely factory leather though, as it's identical to the SE leather with the exception of the edition number and different colour of piping.

Should meet up some time so I can have a ganders at your motor!!

I didn't realise they had a dealer is Telford... I was planning on getting Shark to map it anyway, so this information may prove useful!

Yeah definitely lucky that they didn't know what they had! It was a Seat dealer, and it was the only Fabia vRS they had there. As Ian says above, I think it was an expensive 're-trim' option. I think it was only introduced on the later models though. Mine's an '06 so this fits.... I checked on the options list on Parkers, and there isn't a leather option even listed there. it's definitely factory leather though, as it's identical to the SE leather with the exception of the edition number and different colour of piping.

Yeah we should mate! What time is best for you day time or night?

Search AP Automotive - Ants a nice lad and he Sharked my car - really pleased with it aswell!

Thought it may have been an extra! I kind of wished I had some more money when I bought the car that way I could have got some extras such as Xenons or Cruise control! I found all the black / silver ones had pretty high spec but the reds not so much! When I was looking there were 35 black ones and just 2 red ones only 1 of which was in my price range - luckily it was a great car so we sealed the deal! :)

Yeah we should mate! What time is best for you day time or night?

Search AP Automotive - Ants a nice lad and he Sharked my car - really pleased with it aswell!

Thought it may have been an extra! I kind of wished I had some more money when I bought the car that way I could have got some extras such as Xenons or Cruise control! I found all the black / silver ones had pretty high spec but the reds not so much! When I was looking there were 35 black ones and just 2 red ones only 1 of which was in my price range - luckily it was a great car so we sealed the deal! :)

The evening would be best for me mate - or failing that Friday afternoons/weekends. Got a very busy few weekends ahead at the minute though!!

Nice one I'll do that. They must be decent enough, or I doubt Shark would've let them use their brand name and maps.

Same mate - I'd have loved both xenons and cruise control, but we couldn't resist the leather when we saw it. It looks really special to be fair and makes the car. Only thing I hate about the leather is in the bloody winter - it's freezing in the morning!!! I've emailed Seat Surgeons to see how much they'd want to retrim the seats to include heater elements underneath, to do me matching doorcards and to retrim both bolsters nearest to the door (as they have a very small amount of wear) - waiting for them to get back to me. I was hoping to be able to then wire them up to OEM switches.

As for xenons and cruise, lucky we can pretty much get both retro-fitted. I know the xenons have the whole 'levelling' stigma attached to it, but I'll be buying some Depo's and HID's at some point soon. Plus I do want to get cruise control retro-fitted - I'd really benefit it on the way to work every morning. Can get it all done for £200 I've read, unless it's gone up since then....

The leather things also being discussed in the vRS leather thread :rofl: . I'll vouch for heated seats and cruise control, don't think I could live without them now. Well could live without the cruise, but makes things easier. Surprising how bad some people are maintaining a constant speed when you get it :p.

• Like 1

The evening would be best for me mate - or failing that Friday afternoons/weekends. Got a very busy few weekends ahead at the minute though!!

Nice one I'll do that. They must be decent enough, or I doubt Shark would've let them use their brand name and maps.

Same mate - I'd have loved both xenons and cruise control, but we couldn't resist the leather when we saw it. It looks really special to be fair and makes the car. Only thing I hate about the leather is in the bloody winter - it's freezing in the morning!!! I've emailed Seat Surgeons to see how much they'd want to retrim the seats to include heater elements underneath, to do me matching doorcards and to retrim both bolsters nearest to the door (as they have a very small amount of wear) - waiting for them to get back to me. I was hoping to be able to then wire them up to OEM switches.

As for xenons and cruise, lucky we can pretty much get both retro-fitted. I know the xenons have the whole 'levelling' stigma attached to it, but I'll be buying some Depo's and HID's at some point soon. Plus I do want to get cruise control retro-fitted - I'd really benefit it on the way to work every morning. Can get it all done for £200 I've read, unless it's gone up since then....

Blimey don't retrim those seats! Give them to me and then re-trim mine ;) I had half leather in a previous car and I really liked that - full leather is really cold or really sticky in hot weather!

Ant is the name of the guy you want for the map - hes a great lad to be honest! :)

No problem mate, I'm sure I'll be around Wrexham soon, I'll send you a PM and we can meet up for a chat :) only met one lad with a Skoda from around here. When I had a Fiesta Zetec S we all used to meet up the Ponderosa - about 10 cars!

The leather things also being discussed in the vRS leather thread :rofl: . I'll vouch for heated seats and cruise control, don't think I could live without them now. Well could live without the cruise, but makes things easier. Surprising how bad some people are maintaining a constant speed when you get it :p.

Damn you with heated seats! I wanted those too - next time I buy a car I must go in depth and check its got extras rather than jump straight in and get excited haha. Heated front screen would be cool but won't find one of those on a Fabia :(

Car passed MOT today. 2 advisories,

1) Those arms on the rear calipers are sticking so I'll get some springs and try free them up.

2) He said that the lower arms are catching the subframe - because the car is so low? Its not even that low compared to some on here!

• 3 weeks later...

Bought these from HIDs direct the other day

EB7F6876-DEE9-491D-ABEC-AE5969EA3D2B-9254-00000712BC88F4F7.jpg

Fitted them and they look quite good! Very HID like.

Drivers side rear door will be sealed tomorrow morning.

Also looking into a Jetex cone filter to replace the air box now, should look quite cool under the bonnet!

• Like 1

Looking good :) And I've got those bulbs too, can't fault them! My lenses are a bit shagged though so I'm not getting as much output through as I'd like :(

Thanks mate, I'm using them in my high beam, use HIDs in low beam. HIDs are going back in this morning since I took then out just incase for the MOT.

I'm not getting the full output either, but I've a layer of tint over the front of mine :D

• Like 1