Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

B349EB2A-A8BE-4E9F-852D-435C8FA1185E-4984-0000044CD6D1D411.jpg

I managed to get the dog mount poly bush fitted this evening. In -2 temps! The above is the only pic I took as it was too cold and my hands were covered in melted rubber!

I attacked the old bush with a dremel then pushed the new poly bush in with a vice. Was tight fitting but managed to squeeze it in.

Only took the car for a quick spin down the road but it feels alot better! Only slight vibration and noise increase on idle but the changes are very positive and there is now no delay in power when you put your foot down.

My only regret is not going for the slightly stiffer one over this!

• Like 1

Did you get the powerflex 65 shore? I'll get a video of mine with the super pro 70 shore :-)

Yes that's the one I went for mate, kind if wish I went for the 70 shore now though. The vibrations actually feel good and positive!

• 1 month later...

Nice. You gonna weld it to the standard back box or go mufflerectomy?

I've got a mufflerectomy already mate well it now has a full system, decat & no silencers but its a bit loud so I'm going to get a box put in then have this as a new tip then sell the Mufflerectomy :)

Hi Dan, great thread and giving many ideas to steal ;) just wondering how the hell you got your front and rear skoda badges off, mine seem to be welded to the car!! thanks

Hi Will, thanks for the feedback! :) Hairdryer and a credit card, they debage just like a normal car except there are 2 or 3 locating holes behind each badge. You looking to replace them with new ones?

Hi Will, thanks for the feedback! :) Hairdryer and a credit card, they debage just like a normal car except there are 2 or 3 locating holes behind each badge. You looking to replace them with new ones?

Ah brilliant thanks, tried hot water but it was impossible to get the heat there for long, didnt even think of a hairdryer! yeah both of mine have gone blue and cracked, so have bought 2 new ones off ebay :)

I'd see that as a good thing Dan!! At least when mine's done I won't have to spend any more on it!!! Well..... until it breaks ha ha!

Theres stuff I want but its the question of 'do I really need it' haha. Just been to Wrexham! Didn't see you but I did see a couple of silver ones.

Yeah I know what you mean.... like FMIC/hybrid route...!

Nah mate was in work. Just got back in now.

I know 1 of the silver ones round here - he has some sort of aftermarket rear lights and a remap...

You hit the nail on the head! I love driving the fabia now, can only imagine how quick they must be with another 40/50bhp!

Or on the other hand.... how much of a handful if might be.... I'd have to be taken out for a drive in one before spending that sort of cash.

At the minute, I see the car as a brilliant compromise of economy and performance. I'm not sure if I could justify the 3k to do the stage 2 conversion... It may be a case of components dying on me with age, so therefore replace with uprated. Then it may be do'able...

Or on the other hand.... how much of a handful if might be.... I'd have to be taken out for a drive in one before spending that sort of cash.

At the minute, I see the car as a brilliant compromise of economy and performance. I'm not sure if I could justify the 3k to do the stage 2 conversion... It may be a case of components dying on me with age, so therefore replace with uprated. Then it may be do'able...

Thats my plan, intercooler will be next then I'll consider doing the clutch for good measure after that only left is turbo which I'd replace before it went pop since it can take yor engine with it. Id love to goout in one though!

Dan, if you come across any more of these, please can you PM me!!!

I'm desperate for colour coded handles, as they completely ruin the lines of the car being black :-/ Been after some for ages, as I don't want to have to take it to the body shop to get them done.

Bargain! I'd love a set of colour coded handles

They make a great difference on all the other cars I've seen.

Dan, if you come across any more of these, please can you PM me!!!

I'm desperate for colour coded handles, as they completely ruin the lines of the car being black :-/ Been after some for ages, as I don't want to have to take it to the body shop to get them done.

Will do mate, Im not 100% they are the same shade of red but spraying isnt a problem for £7 it was worth it for the spare handles to spray.

This is the first set I've come across on ebay since I've owned the car but will keep an eye out :)

• Like 1