Dan's GTB1756 Powered Fabia VRS

DanHam

Nice looking car. :thumbup:

How did you manage to get a splitter for £20?? :o

Thanks mate, I'm glad its coming along :)

I got a PM from a lad on ZSOC asking did I want to buy the splitter for £20. The PD160 for £40. Some 8K HIDs for £30 and a JVC double din for £100. Having already bought the HIDs and double DIN I couldn't resist the other 2! :)

What did u use to fasten it in the middle? Mine sags abit as I couldn't get it to fix properly :( really let's it down

Some long bolts and big washers. Think they are 10mm. About 50mm drill a hole into the V as far in as you can then bolt them tight :)

Some long bolts and big washers. Think they are 10mm. About 50mm drill a hole into the V as far in as you can then bolt them tight :)

Fair play :) good idea, ill be guving that a go when I'm reunited with mine :D

What you used to tint your back lights with mate they look the ******s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E-Tech tint spray mate. 3 light coats then a clear coat. They were really shiny before that then after the clear coat they went dull!

I gave them a good going over with SRP today and they have come out really shiny again now :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bit f an update but no pics yet as the weather is vile!

Had the rear windows tinted to 80% the other day. While I was there he gave me the chance to fix my dead locked door (thanks to Trev for the help with this).

Also got the front mud flaps fitted in preparation for some front spacers soon.

Going back next week to have the front windows tinted to legal and also my B pillars wrapped so it blends in :)

Few updated pics! Managed to pick up some front mudflaps from ebay for £11 posted so managed to get them fitted. They will help keep the sides clean yet also protect the sides when I get some spacers for the front :)

Untitled-33.jpg

Untitled-32.jpg

FE8E35DD-F2C1-4EB7-B928-FF16A414088B-2169-0000018B2C1362CC.jpg

Untitled-31.jpg

Untitled-30.jpg

Untitled-29.jpg

Untitled-28.jpg

Im in love with the car :D its awesome u did great job!

One question about HID is it hard to fit them and which part of light do the cover high or low beams :D thx ! :D

And also what is the name/make of that radio looks beautyful :D

Edited by Rosol88

Im in love with the car :D its awesome u did great job!

One question about HID is it hard to fit them and which part of light do the cover high or low beams :D thx ! :D

And also what is the name/make of that radio looks beautyful :D

Thanks very much, the HIDs are easy to fit and they go in LOW beam. You could fit them in main but I think they would take too long to charge up.

The head unit is an Alpine W235BT - being the Bluetooth on so my phone automatically connects up to it :)

• 4 weeks later...

So fitted the spacers about a week ago....

BAF72B35-1300-4537-AC8E-A6E50997CB0D-2493-000002484160464C.jpg

3DE93181-1757-4954-962C-62743EF6AD06-2493-00000248537194FA.jpg

EDFD1D75-822B-4B83-8A01-5E0536A81D0E-2493-0000024860A77752.jpg

EBE3A624-A259-485B-98C4-9C3B2C0CE85D-2493-000002486D164F62.jpg

29B0332A-03C4-4A1B-BF7C-3EAA5DD2CE46-2493-000002487E0A3BCB.jpg

20mm on the rear and 15mm on the front!

Untitled-35.jpg

Also got hold of some pre-facelift and got the tinting vinyl out! Opinions? As opposed to....

Untitled-30.jpg

• Like 1

Always good to see a nice looking red vRS to inspire me for future reference :p. Prefer the fully tinted tails rather than the pre-FL ones, just looks more complete IMO.

I prefer them too I think! I'll clean the car at some point and take some better pics. A mate of mine got pulled with his tinted lights the other day albeit they are alot darker but can't be arsed with the hassle to be honest. Not to mention the car doesn't look as modded imo. Wished I'd gone for a bit more of an OEM tail pipe now though :(