Custom Map tommorow @ Badger 5

all i'm gonna say is leave badger5 to brake hoses and discs/pads.

In defence !!!

When I built my 4x4 for The Cannonball it was built by another tuner but I quized Bill a few times as he had run big Power 1.8's & his advice was always unbiased & spot on & at no time did her try & nick any of the work. From my experiences a thouroughly decent & knowledgable chap

pm replied... take notice I suggest, read and understand..

you seem to believe I did work on this car which caused its issues.. Simply not the case.. I too made a huge mystake buying the bloody thing with its on paper awesome spec, to then find what an actual pos it was.

The only things I did to this car was replace the uber laggy gt30 something turbo which did'nt spool until 5krpm with 7200rpm limiter, replace the snapped 2 of 4 turbo to manifold bolts to facilitate replacing the turbo, I replaced the gearbox which crunched in 3rd when I 1st had it but which went on to break, getting stuck in 3rd gear.. box still sits in a corner, broken as it came out. So to recap, I replaced the gbox for another used one, and the turbo down to a 2871 so it would spool sooner... and then got rid of it.

Whatever you believe else was wrong about it, is nothing at all to do with me nor anything I did with the stupid car..

poor quality build from day one, and for that you need look elsewhere to blame.. Not me..

Bill - Pm replied to again.

I also suggest you take notice, read and understand my reply.

This is getting no where and is at risk of the Mods locking or deleting the thread so how we (as in you and I) proceed is going to be down to you.

I dont know what your problem is with me in particular but lets put it to bed or take it further legally.

The quoted part in bold - Prove to me where I have said this. I want you to prove to me and everyone else either in writing or a verbal source that can be confirmed where I have said you did sub standard or any work for that matter on my old 4x4?

The rest of my reply I wouldnt post without your permission as thats not the way I do things. Any problem ive got will be dealt with face to face otherwise the issue will never be resolved so what exactley have I got to gain from casting doubt on you or your company?

Do you understand that?

Bill - Pm replied to again.

I also suggest you take notice, read and understand my reply.

This is getting no where and is at risk of the Mods locking or deleting the thread so how we (as in you and I) proceed is going to be down to you.

I dont know what your problem is with me in particular but lets put it to bed or take it further legally.

The quoted part in bold - Prove to me where I have said this. I want you to prove to me and everyone else either in writing or a verbal source that can be confirmed where I have said you did sub standard or any work for that matter on my old 4x4?

The rest of my reply I wouldnt post without your permission as thats not the way I do things. Any problem ive got will be dealt with face to face otherwise the issue will never be resolved so what exactley have I got to gain from casting doubt on you or your company?

Do you understand that?

You have said... work done by me has caused issues to your car. Factually Incorrect.

I have clearly said what I did to "MY CAR" when I sadly owned the peace of ****... replaced turbo & replaced gbox for a non-broken one, then sold it, to SOMEONE ELSE........ Not you.. lest others reading this cold think otherwise. That was the extent of what I did with it.

*Maybe* whoever sold it to you sold you a right "Story" to go with it, and mentioned Badger5 in some context of it "bigging up" the car for sale... I can assure you I was well rid of the thing, and the guy who bought it off me was told everything bad about it I knew... and it was a long list. He still bought it amazingly. If this is what you have believed and have based you -ve thoughts on, I'm afraid you have been seriously led astray.

I hope you can cease the derogatory stuff now.

Ok guys further to the actual topic

After speaking with Bill this morning we have decided to go Revo Stage 2

Bill put a lot of time and numerous Dyno run into trying to sort the software through the ECM Titanium kit sadly much to his frustration he was unable to unlock much due to the serious lack of map packs offered for Me17 cars.

Will update info soon as....

okies..

BTT

Revo2 Performance Mode 2 (Me17 thing)

DynoIT%20-%20WU09XNV-rvo2p2.jpg

I may be wrong but I believe ecm titanium works fine on these cars as I know a few well known vag tuners who use this to create a decent map for tfsi/tsi. I think the issue here has been a small lack of knowledge on these particular engines.

However badger knowledge on other vags seems to be very good from what I have seen.

I can only assume this to be one of the first me17 you have tuned personally with out using revo software.

Either way badger do know there stuff and I think more time should of been given for them to do research and develop Somthing special.

I may be wrong but I believe ecm titanium works fine on these cars as I know a few well known vag tuners who use this to create a decent map for tfsi/tsi. I think the issue here has been a small lack of knowledge on these particular engines.

However badger knowledge on other vags seems to be very good from what I have seen.

we're talking me17 here not med9

the ECM me17 map driver list is pitifull, and I suspect like most other things ecm, incorrect too!

me7 for example are pitifully inaccurate, and I have been telling alientech the correct maps, and locations on may occasions which they have rolled into the newer drivers.. (so everyone else benefits, but at my significant time cost to do so)

Med9 on ecm is tolerable for a stage 1/2 level but thats it imho

me7.. I dont use it.. its riddled with driver errors. I use winols and do what I want how I want with accurate bosch derived data, not reverse engineered poke and hope map spotting like seems prevelant on ecm on so many drivers.

yea, lots of folks use it, and I dread to think what maps get "sold" from these incorrect drivers. the names are misleading and hopeless when comparing to bosch function diagram. Winols all the way.. Just need to find more damos type info and map packs to build up for me17

I would have hoped ecm had a map pack at least the equal of most of their med9, but what was available was minimal and I suspect incorrect also.. missing significant required maps to get the job done. Very dissapointing.

Edited by badger5

I thought the tsi was a better engine than the tfsi, why is the power so low?

low?

seriously?

What power should it have been as std?

car has 3" turbo back and induction kit mods.. thats all.

Its std power was 208.6bhp/205lbft

Its Revo2 power was 266.7bhp/295.5lbft

Power gain 58.1bhp

Torque gain 90.5lbft

and thats not a good gain?

My dyno does not read happy... (read> its not an optomistic dyno, its a tell it how it is dyno... however unpalletable that is)

I was impressed at the gains... nearly 60bhp and 90lbft.

Edited by badger5
  • Like 1

Mine gained 80bhp and I have 320ftlb on a tfsi at stage 2+ on RS tuning's dyno dynamics RR day, with a 3" Dp, uprated HPFP ( which the tsi doesn't need), intake and S3 intercooler. Is there a higher stage to the tsi other than big turbo?

Power looksabout right I would say for stage 2, maybe a touch low, but torque looks low to me as already said. There's a lot of optimistic rollers out there.

Edited by Guest

Badger my bad yes I was talking about me9 which I have seen drivers for. Think Tryin to find a decent damos for winols won't be an easy task for the me17.. Either way though even using ecm I would have expected more power. Maybe car has small leak was any logging done?

Agreed though winols is the god and can do anything ecu related you can't do with credited map pack systems.

To clarify what is occuring.,. as ther'e's clearly a lot of Bs/nonsense/stirring by folks here.

Me17.x ecu

I have a product called ECM Titanium (amongst other like winols etc) which is supposed to be the dogs danglies re newer cars.. With the benefit of heinsight and having bought it at great expence, its not a good tuning tool at all..

This was the first me17 ecu I have tried with this mapping software, and its not working well at all... very dissapointing.. Map packs presented are not good.. and thats reflected in the power the cars producing.. (aka low and at an unacceptable to everyone)

The map packs presented by the ecm are useless... and wont allow the engine to be tuned well enough.

Revo2, will be what I use in this instance... whilst I look around for more info on me17 ecu so I can use winols like I do for all me7.x ecu's to great effect.

Hope this clarifies..

ECM sux for Me17..

Bill

Bill

Why not use OLS and tune the ECU properly instead of using a map editing suite? MED17 has been out for a long time now and shouldn't be problematic to tune, but editing suites don't always find the maps for you that you need.

If you need any help, feel free to give us a shout.

Bill

Why not use OLS and tune the ECU properly instead of using a map editing suite? MED17 has been out for a long time now and shouldn't be problematic to tune, but editing suites don't always find the maps for you that you need.

If you need any help, feel free to give us a shout.

happy to receive a map pack/damos for me17 if you're offering

that would be ace

:)

ols is also a map editing programme, just a much better one............ ONLY if you have the damos/map packs to use of course

any of these editors are only as good as the data they present.... as you know

Edited by badger5

Mine gained 80bhp and I have 320ftlb on a tfsi at stage 2+ on RS tuning's dyno dynamics RR day, with a 3" Dp, uprated HPFP ( which the tsi doesn't need), intake and S3 intercooler. Is there a higher stage to the tsi other than big turbo?

there's a perf setting 3 in the revo2..

turbo is max'd out on p2 from logs

nothing left in it

lottery applies to dynos... and I know mine reads lower torque than a lot.. but it does real coastdowns, not calc from whp like DD do..

inertia dynos seem to be the ones which read on the happier side of life generally

Badger my bad yes I was talking about me9 which I have seen drivers for. Think Tryin to find a decent damos for winols won't be an easy task for the me17.. Either way though even using ecm I would have expected more power. Maybe car has small leak was any logging done?

Agreed though winols is the god and can do anything ecu related you can't do with credited map pack systems.

if you actually try for yourself with the available ecm driver, you too will find it underwhelming

pop down here and I will do a free run to compare.

Bill

Why not use OLS and tune the ECU properly instead of using a map editing suite?

Was thinking the same. I've not heard good things about the ECM software but I've not used it either so not fair for me to judge. But I do like ols. Hearded good things about Swiftec too.

Was thinking the same. I've not heard good things about the ECM software but I've not used it either so not fair for me to judge. But I do like ols. Hearded good things about Swiftec too.

as said, i would use it if i had some map pack/damos info to use... winols any day over ecm