The Citigo Picture Thread.

BossFox

1 minute ago, Jonny118118 said:

Be sure to post a 'how to' when you do! 

I'll get @Updown789 to post it :p He'll be the genius who wires it all up.

Just now, whitson said:

New headlights? 

Yes, the 2017/facelift lights are different to the previous, low and full beam are separated and there's a built in LED DRL strip, original had a standard bulb for DRL & Parking lights and then the low and full beam built into one with a H4 bulb

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hyphons said:

I'll get @Updown789 to post it :p He'll be the genius who wires it all up.

Yes, the 2017/facelift lights are different to the previous, low and full beam are separated and there's a built in LED DRL strip, original had a standard bulb for DRL & Parking lights and then the low and full beam built into one with a H4 bulb

Beat me to it..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got a snow foam lance and a DA polisher from the Mrs and little'un for my birthday this week so gave the snow foam lance its first outing today and gave the Citigo a quick snow foam and wash before heading to the East Mids meet tonight. 

IMG_5797.JPG

• Like 2

Exterier all standard with Alutec Graphite 6x15" with winter tires. Thinking about replacing the chrome grill edge with a black one and maybe add a a black stripe or similar. Plan is to keep it all black'n'white.  

My summer wheels are so far standard 14" Skoda Apus in black but I'm looking for a set in black/white (probably 15" or maybe 16").  I like the Skoda Serpins but they are only available in black / chrome. The Mak Milano is available in black / red but that is not what i want ...

On my previous small car I bought a pair of standard grey alu's and had them painted in the cars white color. But i'll not have all white rims again - they are a real pain to try to keep clean. But having a local painter do a 2 coler rim-paint might also be a bit expensive for a "cheap" car ....

IMG_20170307_103019_Trimmed.jpg

• Like 2

Heya!

I'm new here, though I've been browsing for a while in the lead up to the collection of my car. It's been fun reading through everyone's stories and seeing what people have got. Picked up my car last weekend from Milton Keynes and I have to say I'm amazed by everything. It's my second car (was driving a 2001 A class before), and it still amazes me every time I get in the Citigo how premium/modern it feels in comparison.

The car is a 75PS Elegance Greentech, and... from what I can tell, the previous owners kitted out this one quite thoroughly, with heated seats, upgraded stereo, cruise control, city safe, and parking sensors. I keep finding bits and pieces on it that astound me on a car of this class. 

I look forward to being a part of the community!

IMG_2224.JPG

Edited by MattVice
  • Like 3

I agree with Jonny, looks like you've found yourself a top spec Citigo as it seems to have all the trimmings you can get for the car :) and it's in the best colour too ;)

Side note - you should also have heated mirrors :) if they're electric check the knob and you should see the heater button at the top, as you have heated seats and front fogs the previous owner probably got the winter pack for the car (same as mine has)

Edited by Hyphons

On 16/03/2017 at 23:09, Hyphons said:

I agree with Jonny, looks like you've found yourself a top spec Citigo as it seems to have all the trimmings you can get for the car :) and it's in the best colour too ;)

Side note - you should also have heated mirrors :) if they're electric check the knob and you should see the heater button at the top, as you have heated seats and front fogs the previous owner probably got the winter pack for the car (same as mine has)

Cheers guys! Absolutely love the car, great little thing. Do indeed have the heated mirrors! Unfortunately after returning to the car after my first shift at my new job last week someone had smashed the window and taken the PID :/ Autoglass came out under my insurance excess thankfully but just sucks as its a new car to me. Will have to get my hands on another PID at some point!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattVice said:

Cheers guys! Absolutely love the car, great little thing. Do indeed have the heated mirrors! Unfortunately after returning to the car after my first shift at my new job last week someone had smashed the window and taken the PID :/ Autoglass came out under my insurance excess thankfully but just sucks as its a new car to me. Will have to get my hands on another PID at some point!

Really unfortunately that! What I get into a habit off is just unplugging the unit and shoving it under the seat if I'm leaving the car in unfamiliar territory, that way if someone does decide to break in and rummage through the glove compartment, they'll find nothing and hopefully won't think to look under the seat :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MattVice said:

Yeah, mine was bought of eBay for around £130 new, I don't leave it plugged it where ever I go, it goes back inside it's box under the passengers seat with the seat forward so you can't see the box at all. I do leave the cradle on show though. Probably shouldn't.

Edited by Jonny118118

1 hour ago, Jonny118118 said:

Yeah, mine was bought of eBay for around £130 new, I don't leave it plugged it where ever I go, it goes back inside it's box under the passengers seat with the seat forward so you can't see the box at all. I do leave the cradle on show though. Probably shouldn't.

You can buy the official VW carry case for them too...... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Volkswagen-Up-Maps-and-More-Case-/152327787420?hash=item237771939c:g:ySQAAOSwiONYNEmn

I got one for ours...

• Like 1

I'm not sure there is one..... Other than some generic case for a camera etc.....

Our's stays in the house in it's little case when not in use with the cradle left in the glovebox. I must admit the mrs doesn't use it for her commute to work but I use it when I give it a run down the motorway to get to my work. When at my work it stays on the dash (Its in a private work car park) but otherwise if we use it and need to leave the car it goes under the driver seat out of view whilst parked up anywhere.

• Like 1