Why Wait? Let Me See You've Built.

Discopants

The last few weeks I've been getting antsy, especially hearing about the possibility of waiting until end of January 2013 / beginning February 2013 to come along :@

So I took a trip down to Motorline Skoda in Dartford today and asked the salesman for the truth. "Well Richard, the computer says Week 1, 2013 for a build date. But that's yet to be confirmed." Grrrrrrrrr. (Cue sounds of "Computer says no")

So I asked the salesman what stock shows as built on their computer, but either awaiting release or is here in Blighty already. Turns out there was one ready to be released (from the docks in Germany), exactly the same as mine but minus the entertainment pack I originally ordered. (Originally ordered a Green Elegance 75, with entertainment and spare wheel).

But then I thought "Hold on a minute son. Do you really need the entertainment pack? Half the time you drive with the radio off just listening to road noise and the engine." So I've bagged that instead.

4 week wait to arrive. 2 week prep. That's entertainment to my ears. :sun:

And I've saved £100 to boot. Shame I have to put 6 month road tax on the Fabia. Oh well, every cloud etc...

I did exactly the same thing - ordered the car with spare wheel and entertainment pack, but then decided I couldn't wait, so opted for one already built without the entertainment pack. I don't regret it at all, and I'm sure you won't either. I do listen to music in the car and I find that the sound is absolutely fine with the standard set up.

I would definitely be asking questions about the two week prep time though - my dealer offered to have the car ready the day after delivery!

Good news on saving a long wait Discopants! :)

They can prep it in under a week if they are not too busy.

I could have had my Citygo three days after it arrived, but I'm waiting for the black stripe to go on by experienced hands.

Could have taken it back, but not short of wheels so decided to wait.

I know the car has to have Supagard applied inside and out, so that depends on when they have free time.

Then again, I may well have heard the timings completely wrong. The fact I was getting a car before Christmas probably muddled my mind :think:

As to why they can't spell Superguard properly is beyond me.

Have you paid for Supaguard?

To be honest there is better out there for less, but if you have worked it into a deal then thats good.

There's something for less? Tell me more (product, price, where to buy), because, yes, I have paid for it.

(I wouldn't know how to deal a deck of cards, let alone deal for a car. Maybe that's something I need to go back to school for, but given the Citigo popularity, deals are (I'm guessing) thin on the ground).

>>but given the Citigo popularity, deals are (I'm guessing) thin on the ground).

There are always deals to be had, it all depends on any of the following

• how desperate you are to get your new car,
  • how brass necked you can be,
  • how determined you are not to be put off by the dealers sob story.
  • how far you want to travel to collect your car.
  • how desperate the dealer is to sell you a car

etc etc

• How desperate are you? Desperate. The kind of desperate where you running home to have a pee, rather than stop and jump in a bush.
  • How brass necked are you? Not brass necked at all. In fact, more likely paper necked.
  • Are you put off by a sob story? I love a sob story. I cried at the end of Rudy. And again at the end of The Worlds Fastest Indian.
  • How far do you want to travel? Not far. Cost of diesel is way too expensive.
  • How desperate is the dealer? I dunno. But his name was Tony, and he wasn't Swiss.

• Like 2

YOU ARE JUST THE KIND OF CUSTOMER SALESMEN LOVE. PLEASE REMEMBER ALL CARS ARE OPEN TO DISCOUNT.THEY ALL DROP ANYTHING FROM 20% - 30% AS SOON AS THEY ARE REGISTERED.JUST SEE WHAT THE SALESMAN OFFERS YOU IF YOU BRING THE CAR BACK AFTER A MONTH BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THE CAR!!

I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A CAR ANY MAKE WITHOUT AT LEAST A £1000 DISCOUNT,SOMETIMES A LOT MORE. THEY MAKE A NICE PROFIT AND DEALER BONUS. THE BEST TIME TO GO INTO THE SHOWROOM IS THE END OF THE MONTH WHEN THEY WANT TO MAKE UP THE SALES FIGURES FOR THAT MONTH,AND SAY YOU WILL BUY TODAY IF THE DEAL IS GOOD.

ALSO REMEMBER ON A USED CAR THE MARK UP IS AT LEAST £1500 SO AGAIN HAGGLE HARD. YOU COULD WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR WHEN THE 20% DISCOUNT WILL PROBABLY BE ON OFFER AS WITH ALL SKODAS.

THEN AGAIN IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THE SALESMAN RICH GO AHEAD AND PAY THE ASKING PRICE OR EVEN PAY EXTRA SEEING AS YOU LIKE THE SALESMAN SO MUCH LOL.

YOU ARE JUST THE KIND OF CUSTOMER SALESMEN LOVE. PLEASE REMEMBER ALL CARS ARE OPEN TO DISCOUNT.THEY ALL DROP ANYTHING FROM 20% - 30% AS SOON AS THEY ARE REGISTERED.JUST SEE WHAT THE SALESMAN OFFERS YOU IF YOU BRING THE CAR BACK AFTER A MONTH BECAUSE YOU DONT LIKE THE CAR!!

I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A CAR ANY MAKE WITHOUT AT LEAST A £1000 DISCOUNT,SOMETIMES A LOT MORE. THEY MAKE A NICE PROFIT AND DEALER BONUS. THE BEST TIME TO GO INTO THE SHOWROOM IS THE END OF THE MONTH WHEN THEY WANT TO MAKE UP THE SALES FIGURES FOR THAT MONTH,AND SAY YOU WILL BUY TODAY IF THE DEAL IS GOOD.

ALSO REMEMBER ON A USED CAR THE MARK UP IS AT LEAST £1500 SO AGAIN HAGGLE HARD. YOU COULD WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR WHEN THE 20% DISCOUNT WILL PROBABLY BE ON OFFER AS WITH ALL SKODAS.

THEN AGAIN IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THE SALESMAN RICH GO AHEAD AND PAY THE ASKING PRICE OR EVEN PAY EXTRA SEEING AS YOU LIKE THE SALESMAN SO MUCH LOL.

£1500 mark up on a Citigo ?? get real !!

No need to shout ;)

I can't shout i have a bad throat lol. For some strange reason my words printed very small on another post,so i used caps for this one. It is back to normal today.

It always makes me laugh how for example in a newsagents when spending 30p on a newspaper,no one will wait in line without tapping there feet and getting upset that they have to wait for 5 seconds.They expect to be treated like royals. However when spending thousands on a car they do not mind being treated like rubbish. The salesman does not phone when he said he would,never mind,the car has not been delivered on time,never mind,he offers you peanuts on your part ex,never mind.

It is true when i was young i also did not mind.I had to have that car no matter what. However today i am older if not wiser and i insist on good service. A car is just a car.There is always another to purchase from a dealer who knows how to treat a customer if the first one has not got a clue.

You are reading too many Car Magazines & internet stories on Car Dealers IMO.

For less than 2-3 months Finance money on a new car.

I bought this one last week, 'from a Dealer'.

(some might call it a shed, it will run for years yet, some Back to Black & a paint of the wheels behind the trims and sorted.))

£600,

13 month MOT, 6 month tax, everything working including the ABS, under 70,000 miles one owner. Like new inside.

No not all second hand cars have a £1500 mark up

(They might well have a high 'asking price' showing, for those that will pay that or like to think they can haggle you down lower than you want to go!)

& the New car Profit at a Dealership, 'or lack of', after overheads then Income Tax would surprise you.

george

Dealers do not make a big mark up on a single car there is very little profit. They make money hitting targets. A well selling car and on target for the numbers required to hit their target will not be discount.

Want a big discount go to vauxhall or Ford

I was talking about used cars.Any used car not just the Citygo,always have at least a £1500 mark up.

No they don't.

Both cars I've part exchanged to a dealer were sold on at under £1000 more than I was paid. The cars cost £11k and £14k, so not cheapies.

And I got a discount on the new ones too, so the deal wasn't loaded.