UK Rapid prices announced

krob2

Any differences in pricing/spec levels between the SEAT and Skoda will be down to the importers as the Toledo is built by Skoda in the Czech Republic. Unfortunately specs and pricing policy is not Skoda UK's strong point, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the option prices are for the Rapid - you might be able to spec up an SE to Elegance levels for not too much extra.

The new Leon is quite nice on the outside, but horrific on the inside:

sele05_506472ac0853f.jpg

Edited by OctaviaT81

Any differences in pricing/spec levels between the SEAT and Skoda will be down to the importers as the Toledo is built by Skoda in the Czech Republic. Unfortunately specs and pricing policy is not Skoda UK's strong point, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the option prices are for the Rapid - you might be able to spec up an SE to Elegance levels for not too much extra.

It's a shame that Skoda appears to be building a better specced car for seat than for itself. You are right that it's SUK fault when it comes to the spec as someone published the generic 3 trim levels which Skoda then left to individual importers to pick what they want to add!

sele05_506472ac0853f.jpg

Big chunks of the Leon interior such as the heating controls and media systems will go straight into the Octy 3.

Big chunks of the Leon interior such as the heating controls and media systems will go straight into the Octy 3.

I know, I just hope they design and decorate it better. To me, the Leon looks unnatractive and of poor quality (temp display for the left hand side is already cracked)

The only reason the prices are so high must be they intend to do VAT free deals almost straight away.

Very disappointed at the car - maybe VW have had their input, lets hope not as the next Octavia could also turn out to be a poor car.

sele05_506472ac0853f.jpg

Reminds me of some Saab from the 90's! lol

The specification is not as good as I thought and the prices are higher than I thought they would be.

Couple this to the low spec suspension and compromised ride I think we have now discounted the Rapid.

I think the car only makes sense if you want a cheap car with space and go for the entry level models. When you start getting towards £18k the competition is far better if you don't need all that boot space.

Cheers

What are you comparing it to, out of interest?Other VAG products, or Kia/Hyundai?Lee

The broker Broadspeed have already got the Rapid's 'sister' SEAT Toledo listed at a discount... wonder if the Rapid will follow suit so quickly or whether Skoda dealers have more faith in their product than SEAT dealers?

I was planning on trading our Kia soul in for a rapid - but not now - they want too much cash for the spec, for us at least.

Getting pretty close to Golf money!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Will you? A car that is a grand more expensive with similar equipment (I can't open VW's site here, but my wife has a Bluemotion Tech Match - can't see what is extra to the elegance listed kit).

It's horses for courses - as pointed out, will it have VAT free on it immediately (therefore considerably cheaper)?

Will it have worse residuals? Newer car, Golf Mk7 out soon, demand for Skodas is always high, keeping used values high...

The VAG model range is baffling, but it seems that the Rapid is being introduced to fit into a gap that isn't quite there yet, but will be when the new (bigger) Octy is released. It will never be there to directly compete with a Golf - why would VW lose themselves a sale with one of it's lesser brands?

Ha Ha Ha...

Wow if this is how they're pricing it, the value brands from Korea etc are going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

There is no way on earth I'd buy one of these at this price or anywhere near it.

If the prices for the S were the prices charged for an elegance, then they might get somewhere, but not a hope as they are.

Ha Ha Ha...

Wow if this is how they're pricing it, the value brands from Korea etc are going to be laughing all the way to the bank.

People keep saying this but are they really that cheap anymore? The closest thing size wise to the Rapid in the Kia range is probably the Cee'd and that's priced from £14,395 to £23,795 (!) and their petrol engines don't really seem to be on the same level as the VAG TSIs either.

Maybe a few years ago Hyundai and Kia could be considered budget brands but they seem to be pushing upmarket now and that is reflected in their prices too.

• Like 1

Just had a look at the Skoda site. That surely can't be the entire range... can it? Leaving the 1.4TSi out of the Elegance doesn't make sense to me at all.

Apparently, the TSI-DSG in Elegance trim would put the Rapid "outside the price band where Skoda UK want it to be"

IMO they should offer the customer the choice, but that's not really Skoda UK's style is it? They will only lose sales from this decision.

Edited by OctaviaT81

It seems daft to not have this model - presumably the price would be £17,900 - perhaps they have the new Octy in mind. This will have to be more expensive than the Rapid but less than the Superb.

The closest thing size wise to the Rapid in the Kia range is probably the Cee'd and that's priced from £14,395 to £23,795 (!)

Come on now - you can't let facts get in the way of a good whinge! :D

Sportage doesn't compete with a Rapid, if anything, it's a Yeti competitor. Pro'Ceed (are they still calling it that?) is a coupe isn't it?

Seems a bit like saying you want a 4/5 door skoda, but only if it's WAY cheaper than anything else (like sub £10k by the looks of it) and if not you'll go buy a different car completely.

I would probably consider a Rapid but they have completely f00ked up the specs!

I would have probably ordered an Elegance model, but I want the 1,4 DSG box, I don't want the 1,2 TSI or 1,6 CR so AFAIC I won't be buying one and I think you'll find that a lot of potential purchasers will feel exactly the same way as I do on this.

Now whether it was SUK who made the decision to have this line up or Skoda HQ I don't know, but whoever made the decision should be give a one way ticket out of the door, because it's a decision that's going to cost Skoda a lot of sales.

Fair enough - maybe they're not allowed to offer that combo (clash with another model in their line up?), maybe they're restricted on engines (remember when the twin charger unit was off the line for about 6 months?).

I do agree though - it should at least be an option, even if they only sold a few.