"The" modifications to do...

Guys,

What are "the" modifications to do to the skoda? The best induction kit/ suspension / exhaust system? Small tweaks? Other improvements that can be made... etc etc. It would be great to hear some. "The Definitive Guide to Skoda Felicia Modifications". Go for it! :)

well my 1.3 is in on thursday to get a powerflow exhaust system fitted so ill let you know probably friday how good it is! as for induction kit ive just fitted a universal cone and it sounds seriously sweet when you hit about 2500rpm! i will probably fit a k&n eventually but this one will do me fine for the time being! lol!

Just out of interest, where did you get the kit from? I've only done a little searching and found a pipercross kit for a felicia 1.4 16v.... didn't think that such an engine existed???

regards

Ed

the induction kit ive got on at the moment i bought from a shop called CarWorks in Newport, shropshire. they have a website but its a bit crap! i think its www.carworks.co.uk they should have a contact number on there so ur prob better off giving them a call and asking them! as for the k&n kit i havent started looking for one yet cause i cant afford it and i will only end up depressing myself! still waiting for my powerflow exhaust! demon tweeks wanted to charge me

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

all im going to say is dont bother wasting any money on anything less than a powerflow system.... oh my good god! i keep having to fill up with fuel every coupla days cause the sound is sooooo sweet and the increase in power is soo incredible! its soo nice ive even turned down my stereo! thats how good it is! lol! pictures will be posted just as soon as the weather is nice enuff for me to wash the car! lol! :D

is it actually quicker or is it the placebo affect due to noise? i ask because i changed the filter and back box on a 1.6 focus making it sound and feel faster but it was actually slower :(

i was very unsure to start with, but my housemate drove it and said that its a lot quicker.... it will prob be better once its had a full service cause its running very very flat atm so ill be able to say for deffinate once its been tuned properly!

Best way to cheap performance on a 1.3 felicia depends on if you ahve spi or mpi, but either way the exhaust is a good start, on the rolling road we found a decat pipe alone is good for a denuine 10% power rise, this figure is backed up by skodas own figures! next up ditch the centre box, have a pipe section welded in instead, and the back box gets replaced with a 2" exit janspeed box, hey presto one group N rally exhaust system. airfilters can make a difference Ive played around with lots of differnt ones K+N offer a replacement element for mpi which is as cheap as any, for the SPI it depends on if you want torque or revs, revs go for a nova 1.3sr K+N replacement filter and make it fit, otherwise find a suitable size K+N replacement element. Next up is remap, dont bother with a "chip" you need a decent system fully mapped to YOUR engine. Cams and headwork though are as ever where the real power will come from. Ive heard 150hp from a 1300 :) I found 90hp achievable without any internal modifications or cam changes. MPI head is essential to any performance gains far better flow characteristics.

• 5 months later...
Best way to cheap performance on a 1.3 felicia depends on if you ahve spi or mpi, but either way the exhaust is a good start, on the rolling road we found a decat pipe alone is good for a denuine 10% power rise, this figure is backed up by skodas own figures! next up ditch the centre box, have a pipe section welded in instead, and the back box gets replaced with a 2" exit janspeed box, hey presto one group N rally exhaust system. airfilters can make a difference Ive played around with lots of differnt ones K+N offer a replacement element for mpi which is as cheap as any, for the SPI it depends on if you want torque or revs, revs go for a nova 1.3sr K+N replacement filter and make it fit, otherwise find a suitable size K+N replacement element. Next up is remap, dont bother with a "chip" you need a decent system fully mapped to YOUR engine. Cams and headwork though are as ever where the real power will come from. Ive heard 150hp from a 1300 :) I found 90hp achievable without any internal modifications or cam changes. MPI head is essential to any performance gains far better flow characteristics.

You Seem to know your stuff perhaps you can advise me, I have a 96 N reg 1.3 glxi (136 glxi according to my insurance comp). pretty damd brisk for a 1.3 in my opinion but what could I do to get gains in performance without loosing too much fule economy and withought breaking the bank.

No idea what MPI SPI is or how to find out to be honest car wise im a novice only bikes I know how to fix, and can take apart a k reg fiesta with a socket set :) allmost

well what ever you do dude, do not go to demon tweeks cause they will rip you off big style!

Please remember that Demon Tweeks actually gives all BRISKODA members a 10% discount.

Personal opinions are welcome but please also be aware that such comments can also harm how BRISKODA is perceived by DT and our other partners, which would in turn effect the discounts, group buys members get and the contributions to the running of the site.

Now if every member actually took up the Freedom membership, at

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I got a k+n panel filter and drilled airbox on my 1.6 MPI ;) Should think i'll get a Powerflow exhaust made up later on in the year when finances have recovered from my special suspension kit.

i drilled the airbox on my old seat ibiza mk1.5 (1200i system porsche) years back lol cold starting was a problem....