My previous Octy vRS:

9ubu3u5e.jpg

guderuha.jpg

My current BMW Z4M Coupe:

umeja9ug.jpg

vehepumu.jpg

4a3y9ynu.jpg

Both fantastic cars!

Love those BMWs, had a bit of a hoke with one one night and passed him believe it or not, felt like lewis Hamilton after lol

Just wondering, couldnt find any topics like this using search, but please link me as i know there are some.

Cheers!

If you want people car history, then there are plenty of threads about it, both in here and car chat. There was even a thread about your dad's car history. Here are some that I've replied to:

List your past and present cars

What was your car before your vRS and why did you choose a vrs

Car progression

And this one which was started way back in 1994 and was recently revived: What was your first car

Edited by Jim H

Back in the Summer of 2006, I whittled the choice down to either a BINI Cooper, Fiesta (possibly 1.4 TDCI), or the Fabia.

There wasn't a Fiesta TDCI at the Ford dealer so could drive one. I test drove the Furby and the Bini. I still think the Bini is better looking than the Fabia, (inside and out) and probably handle better round corners. However, it's cramped inside, with a tiny boot, no spare wheel, and much more expensive.

I bought Fabia vRS instead and I'm still glad I did.

I tend to keep cars and run them to the ground or untill they get too epensive to keep on the road. However If I had to replace the car, I'm not sure what I'd buy. The obvious choice whould be a Mk2 vRS, but I'm not sure how I'd get used to a petrol automatic. If I bought anouther Mk1 it whould have to be a blue SE.

The other choices whould be an Ibiza Diesel, either Mk4 PD160 or Mk5 FR TDI (CR140). If non-VAG, then possibly a Fiat Grande Punto/Punto Evo.

I'm down to 3 ither stick with skoda buy a mk2 fl octy vrs tdi estate.. Leon cupra tdi 2010 my mate has one right bit of kit! He used to have a fabia he says it's just a more practical bigger faster upgrade lol or a civic type r fn2 just because I want one lol VETEc y0 if money wasn't a problem tho I'd be swapping for a single turbo supra manual. Haha

Thanks guys, it is a fun car and totally different to anything else. Was gunna be a TVR but costs and reliability put me off. It sounds epic and goes like stink! Don't think I'll better it, will go back to Skoda when kids come along I think!

I do miss my vRS, was a great car. Still massively respect the vRS division when I'm in my motor : ) Have had a few plays...

I feel like the spec lets the fabia down.

I had a VRS SE, cruise, CD changer, tinted windows, leather, all great, but why not go that little bit extra! It was the top of the range model! Why not heat the leather, electric windows all round etc.

I sold the SE to help me out with a house deposit. Bought a 51 plate Rover 75 connesuir se diesel, good motor, fantastic spec, I then had a 98 S reg merc c200 sport, even this had electric windows all round and powerfold mirrors!

I am currently running a 02 plate fabia tdi estate comfort model now with £122k, running well, but fancy a change for something ever so slightly smaller (I have a wife that may need to drive my vehicle on the odd occasion! So reverse parking aid one of my must haves!), and would like better spec, but also got my eye on another fabia vrs.

Have looked at honda civic 2.2 CTDI diesel EX model, but these are a touch out of my price range, even with high mileage.

So what I have been looking at is a citroen c4 2.0 hdi exclusive model, which gives the toys that I quite like...

Still feel a pull towards the fabia though!

Edited by weepete7

I'm convinced my next car will be something Japanese, probably a Civic Type R (EP9 shape). There's a nice looking modified one near me which (if a potential job change comes off) I'll be going to have a nose at ASAP, otherwise it'll have to wait until I'm a little bit richer as I'm expecting the running costs to be relatively brutal compared to my vRS.

I'm convinced my next car will be something Japanese, probably a Civic Type R (EP9 shape). There's a nice looking modified one near me which (if a potential job change comes off) I'll be going to have a nose at ASAP, otherwise it'll have to wait until I'm a little bit richer as I'm expecting the running costs to be relatively brutal compared to my vRS.

What's an ep9? Do you mean ek9 or ep3?

Afternoon all,

I'm a driver trainer, so my Fabia vRS (SE) is a business tool. I love it to bits but as it has now done 130K it sadly has to go. I would have gone for the new vRS like a shot but it hasn't got a clutch pedal and I need a manual.

So I've bought the new Suzuki Swift Sport. (My automatic training car is a Suzuki Swift SZ4).

My SE is no 166. What do I need to do about the Briskoda register?

Larry

I feel like the spec lets the fabia down.

I had a VRS SE, cruise, CD changer, tinted windows, leather, all great, but why not go that little bit extra! It was the top of the range model! Why not heat the leather, electric windows all round etc.

I sold the SE to help me out with a house deposit. Bought a 51 plate Rover 75 connesuir se diesel, good motor, fantastic spec, I then had a 98 S reg merc c200 sport, even this had electric windows all round and powerfold mirrors!

I am currently running a 02 plate fabia tdi estate comfort model now with £122k, running well, but fancy a change for something ever so slightly smaller (I have a wife that may need to drive my vehicle on the odd occasion! So reverse parking aid one of my must haves!), and would like better spec, but also got my eye on another fabia vrs.

Have looked at honda civic 2.2 CTDI diesel EX model, but these are a touch out of my price range, even with high mileage.

So what I have been looking at is a citroen c4 2.0 hdi exclusive model, which gives the toys that I quite like...

Still feel a pull towards the fabia though!

£122k fabia estate!!! Didn't think they were valued that high :notme:

My SE is no 166. What do I need to do about the Briskoda register

Just put a post on there to say you've sold it.

One of the mods will spot it sooner or later and change the entry.

How is the search going?

Back underway :( Got my eye on a couple.

Been a few new ones added since I was last searching a month ago.

There's an approved used one very near me that I may pop over and see

at the weekend.