Briskaudi

On way to sealife centre with family on board (to put this into perspective) and a 12 plate S4 is in front at traffic lights off the motorway.

Hmmm I say to myself, those are particularly quick. I'll see what they do as lights turn green.

As they did turn green and with my reactions ready to make clean getaway, BOOM it was already doing 30mph and was 40 odd meters in front in a slight cloud of exhaust smoke. Rapid was an understatement.

Reiterated to me what a truly fast car is like!

B7 RS4 is just awesome, and available as a manual too - boot's not big enough though?!

Only available as a manual I think. Yep boot is too small - been spoilt with the vrs.... E63 estate :)

Octavia is scarely slow out the box when your looking at an E reg Sierra Cosworth with 227hp standard.

The Citroen DS3 Racing has more HP, Come on Skoda up the power

• Like 1

Octavia is scarely slow out the box when your looking at an E reg Sierra Cosworth with 227hp standard.

The Citroen DS3 Racing has more HP, Come on Skoda up the power

You can't compare an octy vrs to a Sierra Cosworth. Cars weighed virtually nothing back then and that was intended as a super saloon. The vrs is basically an alternative hot/warm hatch to the Golf Gti. If you don't like it and/or it's not quick enough buy something else.

Only available as a manual I think. Yep boot is too small - been spoilt with the vrs.... E63 estate :)

If I had a B7 RS4 i would want it to be manual anyway

If I had a B7 RS4 i would want it to be manual anyway

Agree - suits the car. Strangely the new rs4 is auto only.... Irrelevant to me as I really think the a4 is now too heavy and looks clumsy styling wise.

You can't compare an octy vrs to a Sierra Cosworth. Cars weighed virtually nothing back then and that was intended as a super saloon. The vrs is basically an alternative hot/warm hatch to the Golf Gti. If you don't like it and/or it's not quick enough buy something else.

50 to 150kg different (2wd v 4x4) so not actually that different - and a very crude laggy delivery. Not a million miles apart. I can remember having a go in a circa 300bhp 4x4 and it was probably on par with the petrol vrs. Things have moved on a lot.

Be great to own such a car but not worrying about if somebody was going to hold you up at knifepoint and nick it from you...

Fastest sleeper car that I been in of late was a ...

2010 Audi A8 4.2 TDI quattro, 0-60 of 5.5 and from 30-70 beats almost anything!

All this from a fatter A4 and 40mpg if you take it easy

On way to sealife centre with family on board (to put this into perspective) and a 12 plate S4 is in front at traffic lights off the motorway.

Hmmm I say to myself, those are particularly quick. I'll see what they do as lights turn green.

As they did turn green and with my reactions ready to make clean getaway, BOOM it was already doing 30mph and was 40 odd meters in front in a slight cloud of exhaust smoke. Rapid was an understatement.

Reiterated to me what a truly fast car is like!

The S car was more than likely auto to get a good getaway. Having run a B7 RS4 for 5 years, you need to by truly committed to get a full on drups (ie its fun and noisy)

The S car was more than likely auto to get a good getaway. Having run a B7 RS4 for 5 years, you need to by truly committed to get a full on drups (ie its fun and noisy)

The latest S4s are all stronics and have launch control but even when not using launch you can basically just floor it and the car will fly. They also have more torque than an RS4 so don't need to be revved as much which makes a hell of a difference in day to day driving. I traded my vrs in for one in May and love it - mind you I loved my vrs as well.