VW Up! Looks v Citigo v Mii

Skodaman

I personally think the Up! is the worst looking out of the 3 VW Group cars ( I don't like the Ups front end look at all ! ). For looks I would put the cars in this order -

1. Skoda Citigo

2. Seat Mii

3. VW Up!

I would put them in the same order for their names as well ! who the hell came up with Mii ( sounds like a Nintendo character ! ) and Up!

What order would you put the cars in looks wise ?

• Like 1

We are biased. :D

To me the UP! looks too young and funky and the Mii is a bit too angular.

Skoda resisted the need to make it a teenager car and kept sensible looks, which I like.

• Like 1

We are biased. :D

To me the UP! looks too young and funky and the Mii is a bit too angular.

Skoda resisted the need to make it a teenager car and kept sensible looks, which I like.

I wouldn't say I was biased lol I/we could have bought any of the 3 after all :happy:

I wouldn't say I was biased lol I/we could have bought any of the 3 after all :happy:

True, but generally people defend what they own.

As for the picture of all three together, clearly Skoda is better. :)

I'm sure it would be an easy job to respray that lower front bumper on the Up! in the black... or wrap it... Then it would look good!

The seat has a very high bonnet making it quite a sharp angle between the end of the bumper and the bonnet - makes it look much less sporty!

Did not like the Up at all, only nice in black. Also the glossy black dash is ugly, as well as some of the fabrics I saw. And they forgot to close the bonnet.

The Seat was similar to the Skoda imo, bit more modern looking, such as the blue/white @mii:

13.JPG

Did not like the Up at all, only nice in black. Also the glossy black dash is ugly, as well as some of the fabrics I saw. And they forgot to close the bonnet.

The Seat was similar to the Skoda imo, bit more modern looking, such as the blue/white @mii:

13.JPG

I've looked on the UK Seat site and not even the Sport has that front bumper so this isn't a 'standard' car so I don't think you can use this photo as a comparision. In the photo above showing all 3 cars the bumper is as on the Official Seat site.

The bumper on this blue Mii looks better than the standard cars one I must admit, but I still prefer the Skodas more aggressive wider 'mouth' at the bottom of the bumper.

Edit - Or is this angle of the car making the black grill look deeper ?! I can't make my mind up lol

Edited by Skodaman

A lot of people say that they prefer the upward kick in the rear side window of the 3-door up!, which the 3-door Citigo and Mii don't have. My personal point of view on that is that it cuts down the glass area for people in the rear seat: having sat in one, it's a bit like looking out of a porthole.

The five-doors (my particular interest) are identical from the side, as far as I know.

What decided me away from the up! (apart from distance to dealer) was the all-glass tailgate, but I accept that I'm probably in a minority of one on that, as the general view seems to be that it is really cool.

• Like 1

The Up! dash is horrible - agree with that! Not too keen on the Mii's internal colour scheme, either... But presumably that can be changed!

Bit like the Aygo, C1 and 107....

Yeah same sort of thing as those you've mentioned, all the same car but tweaked looks. The Up! is too tweaked for me though. It all comes down to personal taste really. If you like the Up! you've got bad taste ! ;)

For what it's worth I prefer the look of the Citigo.

Which is why I ordered one!

Don't like the dash on the Up!, the back window kink or the all glass tailgate.

The Mii looks too angular from the front and the interior doesn't work for me.

• Like 2

Citigo, Up, then Mii....

The up is called that - rather bizarely - because the UP concept followed in line with the IROC concept. Just that the IROC became the Scirocco but the UP didn't become the Lupo :(

However, I do like the look of this:

frankfurt-2011-volkswagen-gt-up-concept-live-photos_9.jpg

• Like 1