Monte Carlo 1.2 tsi 105ps REMAP

I have a Leon 1.2TSi which has just been custom remapped. Not been on the rollers yet, considering getting it done soon though. It's estimated to have around 125-130 but can't be sure at the minute!

I have a Leon 1.2TSi which has just been custom remapped. Not been on the rollers yet, considering getting it done soon though. It's estimated to have around 125-130 but can't be sure at the minute!

Who did you get to map it ?

It was mapped by a firm called big fish tuning. They are located in stokesley, north east England. Only about 15 minutes away from my home town so it was ideal for me. If you do a search you'll find it! I could only find good things about them so went with him and was very impressed! Also if you get on vagcars and have at least one post he'll do it for £200 if its through the port (which yours should be).

Did you do a "before" dyno test? I ask because mine produced this when totally standard:

7289541726_e2f4018681.jpg

No mate, he hasn't got his rolling road fitted. When he does it's gonna be flashed to standard and then I'll see what the difference is!

Did you buy your car second hand? If so I guess there's every chance it was remapped by the previous owner. I'd find it hard to believe it came out the factory with 123 instead of 105bhp. Either that or them rollers are very very happy!

thanks very much, might be a daft question but when you say through the port, what does that mean? :think:

With the newer vag range, the ECUs are security encrypted. This means a lot of tuning firms cannot simply plug their laptops into the car due to this restriction. This means they then have to physically disconnect the ECU and remove it from the car. This involved cracking off the bolts and pulling out. Most will then remap the car and place the ECU back in and replace the bolts to the same spec so that it's not obvious it's been removed.

Through the port means its cheaper, quicker, and less likely that your dealer notices it's been done! :)

• Like 1

No mate, he hasn't got his rolling road fitted. When he does it's gonna be flashed to standard and then I'll see what the difference is!

Did you buy your car second hand? If so I guess there's every chance it was remapped by the previous owner. I'd find it hard to believe it came out the factory with 123 instead of 105bhp. Either that or them rollers are very very happy!

I had the car from new. JKM are well regarded as a good dyno. Quite common for VAGs to read more than expected, one theory is that the power they quote is what it leaves the factory with. Then as the engine runs in and loosens up, it also gains power.

On the same day there was an Octy vRS there that read lower than stock power, which was not what the owner was expecting.

I was just curious what it would read, didn't expect that though!

I thought it was pretty well common knowledge on this board that the 105 TSi's usually produce around 120bhp as standard? I've seen results of 118 and 121 on what I'd consider known good rollers. Cracking engine IMO with great torque characteristics also. :-)

Just to make this clear..

If i want to remapp my Fabia 1.2 TSI 2013 would it require the ECU to be removed and manually solderd or can they just upload the software through the ODB interface?

Will likely need to be removed, but definitely no soldering required!

Do the 1.6 cr tdi engines follow this trend too, or just the tsi engines? I have a tdi 105 so am curious lol.

Yes. I would not be surprised if your TDI produced about 120bhp on the rollers. MissPiggys 1.9 TDI Fabia was there and it read 121bhp. It's a standard engine.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Quite interested in this thread so i can decide what to do when my Monte Estate is out of warranty.

Mr Jarre, figures aside, how did the car feel after the remap?

I just feel that my Monte could do with a tiny little bit more oomph, maybe im just getting used to it, it has only done 1800 miles too so i hope it loosens up a bit more after a good 10k or so on the clock.

Also folks is it adviseable before getting a remap to replace the air filter with a K&N so that it can be tuned to maximise the benefit of having the K&N?, as im im pretty sure sticking a K&N without a remap would provide negligable benefits?, apart from never needing a replacement again...or does the ECU automatically adjust and make good use of the new kit without a remap?.

cheers

• 7 months later...

I had my Yeti remapped with the 1.2tsi engine.

It just so happens i drove a octavia mk2 estate 1.8tsi back to back, as i was lent this car while they fiddled with my Yeti.

This was back in 2009 or 2010 when the car first came out, they had to crack the ecu as port flashing wasnt working back then.

Anyway, the Yeti felt faster than the standard octavia 1.8tsi after the remap, it had a real thump of torque when the turbo kicked in at low rpm, was awesome fun!.

Estimate 150bhp after the remap, the octavia had more top end pull but the 1.2tsi had way more grunt.

Both had DSG7 gearboxes btw, so was a fair comparison.

So yes i recommend getting it done, i did about 20,000miles in grueling south east asia heat, traffic jams, carrying heavy loads in the back... i really abused the hell out of the car and it performed faultlessly.

• Like 1

I had my Yeti remapped with the 1.2tsi engine.

It just so happens i drove a octavia mk2 estate 1.8tsi back to back, as i was lent this car while they fiddled with my Yeti.

This was back in 2009 or 2010 when the car first came out, they had to crack the ecu as port flashing wasnt working back then.

Anyway, the Yeti felt faster than the standard octavia 1.8tsi after the remap, it had a real thump of torque when the turbo kicked in at low rpm, was awesome fun!.

Estimate 150bhp after the remap, the octavia had more top end pull but the 1.2tsi had way more grunt.

Both had DSG7 gearboxes btw, so was a fair comparison.

So yes i recommend getting it done, i did about 20,000miles in grueling south east asia heat, traffic jams, carrying heavy loads in the back... i really abused the hell out of the car and it performed faultlessly.

Where did you get your 1.2 TSI remapped?