Shall i swap my Vrs for a Mini Cooper D?

Semka

I have just posted a Topic on the matter in General Car Discussion http://www.briskoda....t-do-you-think/ thread but also thought I will post a similar one in here as Furby drivers a likely to understand me more lol.

Have been offered a super deal on a Brand New Mini Cooper D (fully loaded, factory built to my spec, not a pre reg), monthly payments work out cheaper than a Fabia II Monte Carlo Tdi with a hand full of options.

My Vrs Furby is getting on a bit now, I've covered 45K miles in last 2 years of ownership hence thinking of a brand new car, but still absolutely love the Furby.

I do know they are very good fun on twisty roads and are probably one the best handling hatches.

So was wondering of what you people thought of minis!!!!????

This is the pic of what I'm looking at:

Screenshot2012-10-25at192850.png

Mini Cooper SD possibly but a Normal D no. And the only reason the Cooper SD is tempting is the same concept as the fabia quick and Eco! But thy don't age well or put Miliage on them well my mum has one she likes it but I'm always putting bits back on broken trim rattles the gear gater has warn through. Not only that there a bomb to repair the bills will be massive and (through experience) they take ages to do much. on the ride is wayy to hard not well built too small for the actual size of the vehicle and the cabin space isn't much ether... I'm my case I'd go buy a highly specd

Edited by ollievrsDERV

Mini Cooper SD possibly but a Normal D no. And the only reason the Cooper SD is tempting is the same concept as the fabia quick and Eco! But thy don't age well or put Miliage on them well my mum has one she likes it but I'm always putting bits back on broken trim rattles the gear gater has warn through. Not only that there a bomb to repair the bills will be massive and (through experience) they take ages to do much. on the ride is wayy to hard not well built too small for the actual size of the vehicle and the cabin space isn't much ether... I'm my case I'd go buy a highly specd

My mum has one too haha, no probs with hers a 20k miles so far. With regards to repairs it would all be under warranty etc and all servicing up to 50k would be included, hence doing a lot of miles it makes sense.

It is nice to hear that you don't rate the build quality highly, exactly what i'm looking for and why I didn't put the post on the mini forum as much like here we all love our skodas hence we will rate them by default lol.

Fabia or. A 10 month old octy Vrs tdi. :) just my expierance tho! You have to do your own sumizing! :)

I was looking a Octy's Vrs, which is exhactly the car that I wanted to start with but the finance quote I got wasn't viable due to the APR etc :(

New generation mini diesels are BMW units the old 1.4's were a toyota unit, my GF has a yaris 1.4TD with a reflash its 116BHP IIRC which aint bad for a 1.4 its relatively quick high 9's 10 seconds 0-60 it has very very good MPG but a bit noisy with diesel clatter the BMW is more refinded.

Ultimately the mini VS fabia, the mini looks a little better and is more refined, and more desirable over the fabia exterior looks wise the mini edges it IMO.

No buy a remapped Cooper s with Miltek exhaust immaculate as well, it will be over half price of your Toyota diesel mini .This is my mates http://www.briskoda....-mini-cooper-s/

As much as I would love a Cooper S, doing the miles I do having a Petrol turbo is just not viable and there is no point getting a second hand car because if I'm not getting a brand new car I will just keep my Furby.

I believe the new generation mini diesels are a BMW unit??

It is the Bmw own!

New generation mini diesels are BMW units the old 1.4's were a toyota unit, my GF has a yaris 1.4TD with a reflash its 116BHP IIRC which aint bad for a 1.4 its relatively quick high 9's 10 seconds 0-60 it has very very good MPG but a bit noisy with diesel clatter the BMW is more refinded.

Ultimately the mini VS fabia, the mini looks a little better and is more refined, and more desirable over the fabia exterior looks wise the mini edges it IMO.

Toyota is the old 1.4D which is a Mini One

Coopers come with a 1.6D which used to be a Peugeot PSA engine and now is BMW own, which is 112bhp stock and 149 with a remap :)

A lad who now works at my work (VW garage) used to work next door at BMW.. his experience of the pug 1.6 diesel new (new) minis is they are very unreliable.. although relatively new they have replaced a good number of engines already in the cooper Ds.. injectors aswell and electrical faults..

If u are leasing then probably not as big a problem.. but i wouldnt be outright buying one..

I wasn't a fan until I drove one, had an almost pathological hatred of them actually.

Then the wifes younger sister got one. She has a 1.6 Cooper on an 04 plate

(Not the 'S' variant) although not as quick as my Fabia in a straight line

I took it around a road I know very well and added about 20mph on average

to all of my 'best speeds' around key bends on that road.

It was bog standard and I was comparing it to my Fab which at the time had Rarb,

strut brace and sports shocks. I was shocked to say the least...

I'd love to get my hands on a Cooper S JCW to compare as the one I drove

had just 115bhp whereas the JCW has 211bhp. I bet it's loads of fun.

Didnt think there was such a thing in the normal mini guise, only in the Countryman model.

Mini Cooper SD possibly but a Normal D no.

I stand corrected :) 140bhp is still a bit poor though.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/facts-and-figures/mini/cooper-s/hatchback-2006/

It may be mainly assocciated with estate agents or girls, but it's still a pretty good car if you don't mind the hard ride and image (IMO).

Other comments I made on your other thread. :)

• Like 1

+1

not that i'm sexiest or anything but mini's are a woman's car!

I disagree, mostly due to the fact that a lot of people think that all Skoda's crap and are driven by OAP's now most of us here will agree thats not true !!!??

It may be mainly assocciated with estate agents or girls, but it's still a pretty good car if you don't mind the hard ride and image (IMO).

Other comments I made on your other thread. :)

All comments are noted lol!!!!

I stand corrected :) 140bhp is still a bit poor though.

http://www.parkers.c...hatchback-2006/

140bhp is nothing amazing i'll agree, but there are less and less manufacturers putting big diesel engines in small hatches, even new Furby Vrs is petrol which is totally wrong i think, now that might be ok for some people to go out and buy a petrol turbo but when you need a commuter car good on fuel but still 'warm" sporty the choice is so limited that 140 is not bad.

The only competitors from what I can see on the market Audi A1 S line 2.0TDi 140ish, Ibiza FR 2.0TDi and Cooper Sd all with similar power, looking around even a Cooper D 1.6 with 112 bhp is a good improvement on most 1.6 diesels these days that peak around 100bhp and in case of VAG 1.6 Tdi 105 that comes in most sporty hatches like polos and fabias are only mappable to 125ish where the Bmw Mini unit gives you 149bhp on a remap.

Sounds to me like you have allready made your mind up!

Its still a girls car though! :giggle:

Not quite! All the previous cars that I owned were bought on an impulse, just got over exited when I saw something I liked and had to have it, this one I like alot and want yet still hesitating quite a bit.....may be I finally grown up when it comes to toys lol.

If you say so :rofl: :rofl:!

Does it work out better to do a bank loan and buy an octy vrs D outright? Driven a works cooper fantastic fun handles not far off the original mini (my first car) however the ride was so harsh it's unreal great blasting through the lanes but day to day it would drive me mad. I never hear great things about reliability but then again I own a skoda lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could you maybe rent one for a week and see how you feel afterwards?

Or maybe ask to loan one for the day or simular model and see how you go with it?

If its an impulse buy you might find that once the excitement has worn off you will feel differently about it :happy: