Adam's MK1 Octavia vRS

Adamweal

So... as promised ive started on the new vRS so thought i best start the project thread before it all runs away with me..

so got this yesterday

imagejvp.jpg

was looking really dirty.. but underneath the dirt for a 9 year old car with 104000 on the clock i think i found a gem body work is really good except for a dent in the O/S/R wheel arch and a dent in the O/S/F door other than that it has been really well looked after with a full folder of receipts from the previous owner and full main dealer service history.

Its already had the wheels refurbed in anthracite, it has a green filter, Rear Parking sensors, Bluetooth that did not work, Upgraded stereo

so inbetween having a visit from Gee (Gee@W8performance) in his amazing octy making me want more stuff already i managed to give it a half decent clean and put some new number plates on

imagexxi.jpg

amazing how much better a car can look with just a new set of plates!

So today i decided to take the wires out that was coming out on top of the dash

imagedibr.jpg

and then get the bluetooth working

imagegzw.jpg

Whey!

imagekaf.jpg

Turns out the wires had just come disconnected at the stereo but was a pain trying to figure out what wire was what!

and then i went into the garage to get a tool and heard "no! What are you doing get out of his car!" i walk back outside to find this

imagepgz.jpg

Stupid dog!

as you can see in that picture above i did start to run my amp cable but then decided to change it to the other side so i finished off running them cables

and then i started with the LEDs

imagepqz.jpg

imageukay.jpg

ive got to order some more 501 LEDs to replace the interior one thats broken and for sidelights

More to come pretty soon!

Awesome dude. The bug has bitten.

The bug has bitten and the wallet has got lighter! ordered a load of bits that should hopefully be here before wednesday so im ready for prept. Ive got from 3:30pm till the start of prept to plastidip my front grille, fit cupra r splitter, go home, shower and pick my mate up think its achievable?

Omg id freak and hit the roof if i walked back to that :D

I havent even had food in mine lol

I so like silver octys :)

What bulbs do i need for the cool number plate lights and interior light bud

I think i have an OCD when it comes to my cars they always have to be in really clean and good condition! But when i see the dog i was a little shocked and then just couldn't help but laugh! Lol

So got the windows tinted today.. Would have got some pictures but it was dark by this point so i couldn't although im sure everyone knows what they look like i will get some pictures up tomorrow :)

Got a cupra splitter today so will fit that at some point maybe tomorrow or later in the week, headlight tints will be here tomorrow so will get that done tomorrow if all goes to plan :)

Car is booked in for body work on wednesday so may leave the cupra splitter till after that but undecided lol

So have not really done much been working on the furby mainly and also because things did not arrive in the post, i hate waiting! :( haha

anyway here is a picture of the tints still in the dark because i forgot to get them in the light and please excuse the extreamly bad quality i was in a rush

imagefvu.jpg

• Like 1

Should get a citigo badge and some carbon door handles like mines :D

IMG_0101_zps1f48720c.jpg

Really like the citigo badge but dont like the fact it dont fit in the front grille without moding it :( i think colour coded handles look quite good too :) haha but like the look of your car there!

So.... its the waiting game car is now in the bodyshop but im still waiting for bits in the post plastidip, and key arrived today still waiting on headlight tint and bulbs :(

Cars back...

Sub is fitted in

imageedb.jpg

new coilpacks courtesy of skoda recall :)

imageikt.jpg

and then fitted the splitter

imageetxc.jpg

Really happy with the look now! :)

still waiting on the headlight bulbs think they are at the post office depo so will pick them up tomorrow, headlight tint has not turned up still, plastidip is waiting for me to stop being lazy and take the grille off probably this weekend :)

oh and started doing my new key took the actual key blade to work to make it fit properly and then forgot to bring it home :( so here is what my key looks like at the moment :(

imagekfue.jpg