Crazy lead times

Does anybody have a factory order in at the moment?

I ordered a superb estate greenline s with multifunction steering wheel, cruise control and flat paint in August and was advised mid November delivery. I've since chased it up as heard nothing and now they are quoting end of march!!

Anybody else having problems? - wish I'd plumped for the mondo now :-(

its been pretty much a 6 month wait for sometime now across the range. Unlike the ford, where there are loads stockpiled and rusting away in fields throughout europe of varying specs, each Skoda car is built to order. To speed things up, some dealers are preordering cars with common extras specified which they can then use the build slot to allocate to customers or cancel.

The other problem is that if you want to trade in a vehicle with a long new vehicle lead time. Then dealers will not guarantee a price for your old car and it may depreciate by as much as £150 per month while you wait for yor shiny new Skoda to turn up.

My experience of Fords is such that I tend to avoid them.

The problem isn't depreciation it's what I'm getting charged on the lease car I have at the mo which is past it's end point and over mileage. Having already waited 3 months I think it's going to have to be see what they can offer from stock or cancel it and get the mondeo which would be a real shame.

Even though the Superb is built to order, 6 months is a completely unacceptable amount of time to wait for a mass produced car.

Having said that I would still rather catch the bus for 6 months than buy a Ford.

I wanted a car with some extra's but when I was quoted 14-18 weeks for a factory order i gave up and bought a standard unregistered car that a dealer had in stock. I though the delay was outragious for a car that has been out since 2008 and told them so.

Mine was 11 weeks from order to delivery and that included 2 weeks factory holiday (end June to early Sept this year). Just about all extras except power tailgate and the assisted parking thingy, so would not have thought they would have a part build lying around. Dealer kept me informed throughout the process. Dealer is large so maybe they have a bit more clout. Now I've got it and appreciate just how good it is, with hindsight I would happily have waited 6 months!

My car took 3 weeks, this was because my dealer found the exact model, exact colour and options that I wanted and it was sat at the depot in Germany. Couldn't of been happier as I'm saving £170 per month in running costs over my Vrs I traded in.

My dealer said that he could not sell me cars from the showroom because they had to be on display until a new car came in to replace them. My view of this is that if you can't get cars to sell you might as well sell cars in the showroom and at least get some cash for idle stock. Sounds like the VAG tail is wagging the dealer dog.

My dealer said that he could not sell me cars from the showroom because they had to be on display until a new car came in to replace them. My view of this is that if you can't get cars to sell you might as well sell cars in the showroom and at least get some cash for idle stock. Sounds like the VAG tail is wagging the dealer dog.

I saw my first MkII at 10:30 am, returned at 14:00 with my wife and within 15 mins bought the vehicle on display in the showroom.

At no time was it mentioned that they could not sell until another vehicle came in for stock, dealers do have stock quotas.

My third was ordered in August 2010, a Skoda Superb Elegance Combi 170hp 2.0 Ltr. manual gearbox with all extras apart from the sunshine roof and was picked up from the dealer on 1st. December 2012.

I saw my first MkII at 10:30 am, returned at 14:00 with my wife and within 15 mins bought the vehicle on display in the showroom.

At no time was it mentioned that they could not sell until another vehicle came in for stock, dealers do have stock quotas.

My third was ordered in August 2010, a Skoda Superb Elegance Combi 170hp 2.0 Ltr. manual gearbox with all extras apart from the sunshine roof and was picked up from the dealer on 1st. December 2012.

Guess it depends on the dealer then.

?? We're not there yet!! 2011 - ?

• Administrators

Does anybody have a factory order in at the moment?

I ordered a superb estate greenline s with multifunction steering wheel, cruise control and flat paint in August and was advised mid November delivery. I've since chased it up as heard nothing and now they are quoting end of march!!

Anybody else having problems? - wish I'd plumped for the mondo now :-(

Starsky,

Have you called Skoda Customer Services? They might be able to give you some more light on this:?

Or possibly find a very close match unallocated, but in transit... worth a call maybe.

Long waiting times, is exactly why I opted for the vRS sat in the showroom.

So ok it didn't have cruise control, but hey it's the right colour :)

And I pick it up tomorrow morning.

The salesman didn't seem to mind selling me the showroom model.

I think the other salesmen were shocked he did sell it though, knowing what the waiting times are like at the moment for them to get one to replace it, but hey ho they have a demo version to show customers.

When I went to Toyota to get a GT 86 ( which I didn't buy hence the Fabia lol) two weeks it would have taken for a new one and that's from Japan (I think). Although they were umming and arring about selling the showroom model. Even though they had 2 demo cars outside.

• 2 months later...

Ordered my new Yeti on 1st Nov 2012. It was delivered on 1st Jan 2013. I was quoted 12 to 14 weeks.

Thanks to Stuart Houghton at West End Garage for keeping me up to date each week by email as the car progressed.

9/11/12 week 45 status code 10 (Planned for week 49)

05/12/12 status code 38 (Waiting at Port) At exit Port of Emden Germany

17/12/12 staus code 39 (shipped) Checked ships leaving Emden for Newcastle and found it was "City of Paris" which had already arrived at the Tyne.

21/12/12 Car delivered to dealer.

1/1/13 Car delivered to Customer.Attached is a picture of the Yeti. No not the car the furry one named Yuri that came with the car. My grandchildren are now fighting over who he belongs to. Yes you guessed it; I am not included.

• Like 1

Ordered my new Yeti on 1st Nov 2012. It was delivered on 1st Jan 2013. I was quoted 12 to 14 weeks.

Thanks to Stuart Houghton at West End Garage for keeping me up to date each week by email as the car progressed.

9/11/12 week 45 status code 10 (Planned for week 49)

05/12/12         status code 38 (Waiting at Port) At exit Port of Emden Germany

17/12/12         staus code 39 (shipped) Checked ships leaving Emden for Newcastle and found it was "City of Paris" which had already arrived at the Tyne.

21/12/12                        Car delivered to dealer.

1/1/13                         Car delivered to Customer.Attached is a picture of the Yeti. No not the car the furry one named Yuri that came with the car. My grandchildren are now fighting over who he belongs to. Yes you guessed it; I am not included.

post-19796-0-44984700-1357120566_thumb.jpg

I wasn't in a position to wait 6 months for the car I wanted so I trawled the used section on Skoda's site and found the exact spec and colour I wanted (minus the dimming mirror - which I fitted myself), ex demo, two months old, 2800 miles on the clock and about 5 grand cheaper. I'd do the same again tomorrow if I could.

I can't stand that bloody waiting game you get with a new car. We've done it three times already, her Octavia vRS in 2007, her Yeti in 2010 and my Octy L&K in 2007.

I know RHD Skodas have limited build slots compared to LHD for obvious reasons but I think Skoda need to pull their finger out as they must be losing thousands of orders every year based on long lead times. I've seen people walk out of showrooms when told of the 6+ month wait for a car.

There is a reason Ford have millions of cars parked in fields and it isn't to do with demand.

• Like 1

I wasn't in a position to wait 6 months for the car I wanted so I trawled the used section on Skoda's site and found the exact spec and colour I wanted (minus the dimming mirror - which I fitted myself), ex demo, two months old, 2800 miles on the clock and about 5 grand cheaper. I'd do the same again tomorrow if I could.

I'd do the same but there was not a single car in the whole UK with similar spec to what I was after. Plus, anything quite close was 1-1.5k cheaper for 6-12 month old cars. However I was not in rush. And the car was delivered as promised by the dealer - 16 weeks after the order.

I know RHD Skodas have limited build slots compared to LHD for obvious reasons but I think Skoda need to pull their finger out as they must be losing thousands of orders every year based on long lead times. I've seen people walk out of showrooms when told of the 6+ month wait for a car.

There is a reason Ford have millions of cars parked in fields and it isn't to do with demand.

I spoke with a few people in Swiss, Poland, Germany, and all of them complaint about 4-6 month lead times, so I guess it's not only "RHD problem"...

i was told on the 12/12/12 when i ordered my superb S spec with optional spare wheel aqua blue 1.6 TDI that one was down south so opted for that but wanted a pacific blue one but it would have to come from the factory and it wouldn't get it till late February and thats too late for me cause my current taxi has to be changed for the 14th of Feb so this one is coming in the 3rd week in January