How do you clean your Octavia?

Snow foam - leave to dwell

Autobrite non acidic wheel cleaner.

Rinse

2 bucket method wash

Rinse

Autoglym super resin polish (although I'm thinking of changing to something else)

Megs clay and quick detailer (not every wash!)

Finish with autoglym hd wax

Interior autoglym leather cleaner followed by airy glum leather balm.

Autobrite tyre shine on tyres

Poor boys wheel sealer on alloys.

I've just invested in some Meguiars Shampoo and wax products in order to enhance that dealers initial "valet". Must admit to being a little bit dubious about the extra cost over some other products but so far am quite impressed.

Actually, as much as I say I've always bought cheap stuff, a quick look through my garage has surprised me with just how many Autoglym products that I have on the shelf!

I've never had much time since the kids came along to wash the cars and usually just went to the friendly Polish chaps who got them nice and shiny. I too am a proud new owner of a Blackline, and as it is a white one I decided to go with the dealers Lifeshine package.

Then I done a bit of reading on here, cancelled the Lifeshine and the Polish chaps and bought Collinex 846 (think that's what it's called). Gave the car a coat of that last week and plan another coat on the next dry day. Bought shamies and micro fibre clothes, read to avoid sponges as they can hold dirt and scratch the paint work. Plan to wash it once a week and wax with Collinite once or twice a year. Also bought Simomex tyre dresser (think that's what it's called) for the tyres, works a treat.

Please not another 30 page thread on detailing.....lol :@

I use Aldi car wash shampoo with the one bucket method once a month whether it needs it or not lol

Do have some small bottles of Diamondbrite that i will splash all over this week weather permitting..

Edited by sly200sx
  • Like 1

I used to take care of my cars, then my son came along. Now the interior is covered in biscuits and milk, the dog has recently been ill so a trip to the vets means its also covered in dog hair.

The outside gets done by the local polish hand wash with their harmful industrial cleaners and stone filled sponges.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to spare to give it a proper clean.

Bought shamies and micro fibre clothes, read to avoid sponges as they can hold dirt and scratch the paint work.

Use a drying towel instead of a chamois. These have the same issue as sponges, they hold onto grit and debris.

And yes, wash mitt instead of sponge.

• Like 1

So I've a new octavia vrs. I want to take good care of her. What products do people use interior and exterior to keep her in top condition?

Cheers!

Nielsens power foam to pre rinse it

Smart wheels to clean..emmm the wheels lol.

blackfire shampoo

zaino buckets

uber drying towels from i4detailing

Griots quick detailer

Blackfire wet diamond for the summer

Collinite 476s for the winter

My own glass sealant on all glass.

Interior is

Henry hoover

Maxolen glass cleaner

Maxolen interior cleaner an dresser and thats it.

Edited by Grizzle

About 1700 miles now since i bought mine. Only had it a couple of months. Have cleaned it once at a jet wash. Car still looks not too bad. White was the right choice it turns out. First white car ive had. Got the supaguard paint protevtion when i bought it.

May think about visiting a jet wash again soon in the near future and then repeat this as required.

Will need to do something to the inside of the windscreen though as whatever the garage put on it seems to love steaming up very easily at the moment. This means the inevitable "hands on" DIY type of car care that i absolutely hate.

Try setting the climate controls to direct airflow to the footwells, before parking up overnight. That can make a difference although I can't say I've ever noticed a problem with the Octys on this, used to be the Fabias that had a more pronounced problem with this.

Snow foam - leave to dwell

Autobrite non acidic wheel cleaner.

Rinse

2 bucket method wash

Rinse

Autoglym super resin polish (although I'm thinking of changing to something else)

Megs clay and quick detailer (not every wash!)

Finish with autoglym hd wax

Interior autoglym leather cleaner followed by airy glum leather balm.

Autobrite tyre shine on tyres

Poor boys wheel sealer on alloys.

Is that in the order you do them? If so, switch your clay and polish around. The clay will remove the polish from the surface.

Slightly nudging the thread off topic---Sorry---how do those waterless handwash places work. Do they just scrub the mud off with a cloth and elbow grease? Sounds good. Not

Pretty much. Just imagine using sandpaper to wash your car, same thing :D

No need for all the above. Just a hose some car shampoo and a sponge. Polish once a year and a nice coat of wax every now and then to keep the elements off. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank

Try setting the climate controls to direct airflow to the footwells, before parking up overnight. That can make a difference although I can't say I've ever noticed a problem with the Octys on this, used to be the Fabias that had a more pronounced problem with this.

Sounds almost feasible this. By setting the airflow to the footwell doeas this shut the vents pointing towardas the window? Think i may try this as it does suffer bad from condensation. The boot window is the worst but i just put this down to having a dog and therefore having wet muckyness in the boot. Saying that the beemer didnt suffer as badly. Not really a big issue but i bet it will be when the temperatures drop below freezing as this condensation will freeze to the inside of the window i would imagine. Yikes.

Some good advice here, and some poor advice. It depends how in depth you wish to get really, do you want flawless paintwork that is totally swirl and imperfection free? Or ddo you want something that just looks shiny? As said, avoid sponges, avoid the petrol station car washes or roadside as they reuse water for a start. Think about it, that waters been used to clean other cars, it will not be filtered and cleaned to a point it is "clean". There sponges are also an issue as they to have picked up LOTS of dirt from other cars resulting in swirls, scratches and general dullness over time. Take a look on the detailingworld forum, loads of great info to help folk from total beginners right through to seasoned pros of the detailing scene!

Some of the best car care manufactures make and sell sponges to detailers. I agree about the dirty or sponges that have been dropped. As ling as its rinced between each panel the same as you would with a wash mitt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst in a taxi rank