Joe_vrs_tdi...rolling on steelies! Smooth as a....

joe_vrs_tdi

I had decided on none smooth till you lot came along and maybe smooth at a later date. Thing is smoothing a two piece bumper will be hard work and even more so if i seen it in the flesh and seen what you have to match up as its not like the vrs bumper.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had the car on the rolling road today and was pretty pleased with it.

20131102_095644_zps5e5b1ff3.jpg

Torque was abit spikey on the one run but im happy with how it delivers the power on the road for now.

Guy with an ibiza I know made 200bhp and about 350ft/lbs with the same turbo and same map as I will be having so I will pleased if I get those figures aswell.

Alsoy car was the only car of the day that had to be raised to run as my sub frame was sat on the rollers. An inch higher I got on, its staying like this now for winter looks awfull and has severe reverse rack but I cant be bothered to lower it again.

What turbo are you running mate?

Edit: Just skimmed through and saw on the first page, 

What's stopping you from getting the 200bhp? Is it because you're on a stage 1 map?

Edited by Dann2707

That's awesome dude! Looking forward to seeing it when it's remapped, when are you planning to do it?

Also what hybrid is your pd130? What engine/turbo are the internals from? Sorry for all the questions haha

Dont know when I will get the map im in no rush its been like this for about 9 months now and im happy with how it drives. Just think if I map it now I will get bored of it even quicker. It a pd130 but unsure of the internals though.

Right i have had a day on the bumper and my word there was a hell of a lot of cutting involved because how much more shallow it is.

The original bumper ended up looking like this because of my stupid intercooler.

20131110_154115_zps2ade8922.jpg

The new lip covers it up fine though.

20131110_155527_zpsce2f6a16.jpg

I have gone against smoothing because my brother (panel beater) looked and he said it will be a right pain of a job and will crack very easy. I have a show plate that i will get colour coded and will hopefully look a little something like this.

image_zpsdf76be54.jpg

• Like 1

Going to use the lcr i think it works better and gives the flat bottom more shape, the us one was good for the vrs bumper as it moulded and shaped to the dip in the vrs bumper nicley. If i used the us lip it would just be a straight bit of skirt with no real shape so think it wouldnt look right.

• 4 weeks later...

Wasnt hard to guess really lol. Yer mate nothing fancy just black leather, they a rare optional extra in mk1 a3s. They are like recaros but abit more chunky and cant do the rears like in pasty boys guide so will be interesting.