Joe_vrs_tdi...rolling on steelies! Smooth as a....

joe_vrs_tdi

No im not kyle. I cant see it making a huge difference as its still getting more air than the standard side mount was but wont really know untill the summer. This has a slightly larger grille than the standard opening and people run fmic behind standard bumpers with no issues so I wasnt to bothered about down sizing the grille.

cheers all for the nice comments.

Can't see any issues myself.

You aren't going to be on full boost for very long and many people with a big mouth bumper leave the crash bar in which blocks the top bit anyway...

This actually looks better than a big mouth and is probably as good as you need in terms of airflow unless doing track work.

• Like 1

Will just post on here charlie it's no secret for me. I paid 800 for everything, that was the respray with handles colour coded, arches pulled and wheels redone. My bumper was an after thought when I took the car in and me and my brother talked about it and was quietly confident doing it so cracked on and done alot in his own time. His boss moaned at him abit because how much time he spent on it in work hours aswell but luckily he didn't put the price up and got it done for the original £800 qouted. So I was over the moon.

• Like 3

Theyre always open for business, can't say you will get that price though :D . Like I said before im very lucky to have my brother and being in the job he is in was a bonus when it came to this and the discount that came with it. There are a few little bits that need sorting like my door handles need redoing as out in the proper light today you could see the paint was thin in places. I am very happy though and something small like that will get sorted easy enough.

I'm going to Krispy Kreme meet in Bristol tomorrow so will snap some better ones there. Help me find some nice wheels Matt at a decent price and fitment. I feel like a need something abit more showy offy, the steels look really boring to me now :(

iv only just noticed this msg m8..

Iv sent u a pm + a direct pic on instagram m8 ;)

• Like 1

Inspired by skodalads currently awesome thread ;)

So as I was keeping my bumper a secret I never put pictures of it being smoothed.

So here goes.

IMG-20140205-WA0000_zpszbe2yf3v.jpg

IMG-20140205-WA0006_zpsn6c2ncbh.jpg

IMG-20140205-WA0008_zpscsb2xr3m.jpg

IMG-20140206-WA0002_zpsi3grvg5u.jpg

IMG-20140206-WA0001_zps5a7grjys.jpg

IMG-20140206-WA0005_zpsz8mmtn2q.jpg

IMG-20140207-WA0007_zpsurl2s4yb.jpg

IMG-20140210-WA0000_zpsdnciu47o.jpg

IMG-20140212-WA0001_zpsgqqg2a94.jpg

IMG-20140212-WA0003_zpssgbyfibe.jpg

IMG-20140213-WA0000_zpszyfk7q1t.jpg

IMG-20140214-WA0005_zpsimw5aalm.jpg

Again big thanks to my brother who done all the work on this bumper.

• Like 4

So after abit of hassle my parcels finally got delivered today and I'm very happy with my purchase.

c118e43e-2997-48ef-94a9-7fe5eedd3eb1_zps

20140306_161419_zpsypi4lyth.jpg

20140306_161430_zpsfdskrpzu.jpg

17" Bbs rc040 and rc090 style 5's. Got them for a good price and in pretty rare staggered form as well so can't complain. As you can see they will need a full refurb so will keep my busy for the next few months and I'm undecided on the final finish so ideas welcome (no I'm not going purple). I have a nice bright silver or a light metallic grey in my head at the moment, but have been looking in to chrome dipping but yet had the balls to ask for a price.

Massive thanks to Matt (mattvrsestate) for hooking me up and giving me a good deal.

Thanks guys.

Yer keechy I'm polishing the lips and bolts myself but not 100% on the centres yet! I will strip prep them though and see when it comes time as it would be good to get a professional finish on the centres to not let the wheel down.

I know.. im putting my nankang wanger 195/40 tyres from my porsches on the bbs.. id love a set of decent 195/40s for the porsches but theres only really Falken + Hankooks and there not that good considering the price tag :(.. i wouldnt bother getting anything better than nankangs m8.. u wont be thrashing it with them on ;).. n uv got the banded steelies

Nankangs is all I buy really now, can't find any ns2's in 195/40 though :/ not on eBay and camskill anyway. Need to ask few tyre places what they can get aswell. 205s are like half the price but I won't be happy with the fit I doubt.

can you not have a look on black circles Joe they seem to stock a wide variety of tyres

Nankangs is all I buy really now, can't find any ns2's in 195/40 though :/ not on eBay and camskill anyway. Need to ask few tyre places what they can get aswell. 205s are like half the price but I won't be happy with the fit I doubt.

can you not have a look on black circles Joe they seem to stock a wide variety of tyres

There is an official black circle supplier and fitter in Cwmbran too joe ;) all makes sense :)