New icon on Bolero since towbar fit and coding

JohnYeti

Had a Westfalia towbar and westfalia loom fitted yesterday, including coding etc. Noticed that I`ve got a new icon on the Bolero screen when reversing and the screen showing rear sensor field. Bottom right of the screen is a button that disables the sound from the sensors if required. Is this the norm for other people after having twobar and wiring fitted?

pic here (from another post in Superb section)

post-88002-0-10934900-1337692313_thumb.jpg

Edited by JohnYeti

It must have been there all along then ! :drunk: never noticed it before though !

Sorry Graham, picture pinched as a thumbnail off another post, it`s that little green square icon in the bottom right of the screen. Just don`t remember seeing it before :blush:

I have a 2011 build Yeti with towbar coding. There is no button on my Bolero screen to disable the reversing beeps, I am thinking you perhaps had a software upgrade on your audio system at the same time your towbar was coded.

The button to disable sound is on all cars towbar or not :rolleyes:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Really?! Its not on mine. I just have the physical button lower down in the centre console that has to be pressed.

just been out to check and it is definitely there - and there's no physical button either. :happy:

And on mine - just checked. No help at all, though, because I can't remember whether it was there before the SM went back to Hughes for the tow coding to be corrected a few weeks ago! I'd be inclined to go with Yetifabia, i.e. it was there before.

(I haven't been able to plug into the caravan since then to check whether they've got it right this time - more anon).

Yes - Jan 2011 MY11; coded for tow bar, but not presently attached.

When the tow bar isn't attached the button is used to activate/deactivate the radio/audio when reversing - HTH