Citigo Insurance Quotes.

leckman

Messing about on confused.Com and put in an Elegance Citigo and got a quote of £297-00.

Put in the same car with the APUS alloys and body stripes added and the cheapest quote went up to £410-00!.My Yeti comes in at £370-00.

Just to add insult one of the insurers who refused me a quote was Skoda insurance.

Just to add insult one of the insurers who refused me a quote was Skoda insurance.

Was it because of the mods (alloys, stripes) or the post code.

I got a very good price (well I think so anyway) from them and they were keen to insure my other car until I told them it was an import. They refused that instantly.

Mick

Just been on the Skoda Insurance web site and no way will they insure a Citigo with apus alloys and bonnet stripes.

So Skoda are quite happy to sell you a Citigo but will not insure you!.what a bunch of hypocrites.

19yr Old Male, One years no claims, living at home, expected 6000 miles a year, for Social & Communitng, Job Title: Electronics Technician/ Aerospace Engineer. Fully Comp paid monthly comes out at about £1200.

I think thats pretty impressive :) considering my first car was a 1.4 16V fabia for £3500 a year :p

ROLLOCKS!!!!!!!!!

Which CityGo?????...................... :giggle:

The 75PS Elegance with a stripe and black wheels. ;)

Seemed a bit off that they want the same as for a 170PS 4x4 Yeti that cost over twice the price.But what can you do?

19yr Old Male, One years no claims, living at home, expected 6000 miles a year, for Social & Communitng, Job Title: Electronics Technician/ Aerospace Engineer. Fully Comp paid monthly comes out at about £1200.

I think thats pretty impressive :) considering my first car was a 1.4 16V fabia for £3500 a year :p

My daughter had a 03 pug 106 1.1. The insurance was £1500 TPFT with 1 year NCB and it was only worth £500

For her citigo, the 60ps 3 door, exactly the same cover, £480 !

Now that's impressive! :)

The 75PS Elegance with a stripe and black wheels. ;)

Seemed a bit off that they want the same as for a 170PS 4x4 Yeti that cost over twice the price.But what can you do?

As shown by my example above, it's not just about the value of the car.

All sorts of factors to consider, including how likely it is to be stolen.

The pug is high risk as its kinda a chav teenagers car like the corsa and saxo and has a reputation for being so.

Is also much nickable for that very reason.

The citigo is a much lower risk as its a new car, it's a Skoda, it's a small car.

They are more likely to be driven by older folk who are much more sensible. ( yeah, right. They haven't met you yet :giggle:)

How likely the occupants will be injured in an accident.

The pug wasnt NCAP tested. The Citigo is 5 star rated.

Repair costs after damage

I'm sure there are many more factors but I'm guessing these are the main ones.

Citigo elegance without any options is a group 2 car,add the apus alloys and bonnet stripes etc and I reckon that pushs the same car up to group 15 or there abouts.

Skoda dont' mention that in the brochures do they?.

Well,I am not so sure now,just rang up my insurer LV= and they said options like the apus alloys etc are ok. As long as they are Skoda extras fitted by Skoda they do not make any difference to the cost of the policy.Im confused now!.

I getting more confused over insurance quotes recently.

One company last week even told me we don't really want to offer you cheap insurance so we will have to price your policy at around £300, sorry!

Asked why and they said, you are low risk so low premium but not enough profit in it for us do it lower than £300. Go figure. Yes you've guessed it wow, it's all about how much they can do you for.

I must add though this wasn't for a Citigo but for an MX-5 that I've previously had quotes for lower than £200 but with conditions.

I eventually got cover for £202 and sort of happy with that.

It also worries me for next year premiums, my circumstances change, no job sort of semi retired for a while = more time to enjoy myself a little which could mean driving my cars more hence I may be an higher risk to them :sweat:

Mick

Its an ideal first car so it will be high on insurance.

The twinair is double what the octavia costs to insure (over £1100 a year) though that is including 2 other drivers and my brother that just past his test.

Its an ideal first car so it will be high on insurance.

The pug 106, saxo and corsa are also ideal first cars but the premiums for those are much higher than the citigo.

As I said above, it's a lot to do with the expected demographic of the drivers until the insurers have enough data.

I'm guessing that once that point is reached, they take notice of the accident rate, repair costs and age range of the actual drivers.

The difference between the 106, saxo, corsa trio and the citigo is the terrible three are seen as cool cars by new male drivers whereas the citigo isn't. That has got to have an influence on insurers.

Citigo elegance without any options is a group 2 car,add the apus alloys and bonnet stripes etc and I reckon that pushs the same car up to group 15 or there abouts.

Skoda dont' mention that in the brochures do they?.

My experience on this subject relates to the L&K Estate I had in 2006. This was a four month old car with every possible factory fitted extra including sports suspension and 17" alloys. When I was insuring it the extras had to be referred to the insurers underwriters. I had to prove these were factory fitted extras by providing the brochure and purchase order to prevent a large premium increase.

I suspect this principle still applies and because the decals and 15" Black Auriga wheels are dealer fit they are not considered original equipment. Looking at the brochure the silver Auriga wheels are available as a factory fit and therfore should not attract any extra premium!

The hangover from my younger days where visual add-ons were nicknamed 'go-faster stripes' still sadly applies with insurers! :(

EDIT: The manufacturers do not help when they refer to items like the wheels as "8 spoke black alloys to give your Citigo an aggressive sporty style". There is the problem - "Aggressive/Sporty" - you are done for before you start!

Edited by CortinaGT

• 4 weeks later...

Same price here for the Yeti 170CR 4x4 and the Citigo...

Just renewed, it's dropped down the £218.22 for the pair of us, no milage restriction.

Bargain. :)

(For 30 year old commuting into London, not for retired person living up a mountain)

• Like 2

Just renewed, it's dropped down the £218.22 for the pair of us, no milage restriction.

Bargain. :)

(For 30 year old commuting into London, not for retired person living up a mountain)

For a retired person living half-way up a mountain ( :rofl: ) - £110!!

And that's with a maximum £50 overall excess :giggle: .

With 20+ years driving with no incident i sold my last car --P.307 loved it-- on 01/2009 . Now for no claim bonus insurer needs no more than 3 years old proof from previous insurance company, what i failed to provide and i find it upsetting. I am getting crazy quotes between £880-£2.100 but there is only one acceptable(?) for £350 from insure the box--like to point it out after 20+ yrs. of driving with no incident--. As much as i know insurer install some kind of tracking device -- box-- . Big brother going to watch you, but those who want to lower insurance costs might be the only chance.