FK coilovers are

L33 LHO

Toss!

Does anybody think that how bumpy they are that they can be a little dangerous?? I have been up and down the A1 today cruising at 70 with cruise control and 2-3 times I bounced that hard the car left the road and the TC light come on. Its a f'ing terrible ride to be honest, and if i was keeping the car I would have taken them off by now. Are they really this bad or are mine on wrong some how.

They may be a nice ride height but the price defiantly show the quality

As I have said time and time again, you get what you pay for.

I had JOMS on my old MK4 TDI. Never again. They lasted 6 months before one shock started leaking.

Edited by bowen

If it's the A1(M) just past the power station near the M62, it's just an absolutely **** piece of road. It's been just as bumpy in my old Leon at motorway speeds, both on its standard suspension and the Weitec Ultra GTs -40mm kit I lowered it on.

i have FK Highsports on my Punto, wound all the way down, and although the ride is crashy, and harsh, it's never skipped about or left the road.

Same, I had FK Highsports on my Punto and it was fine.

That said, I fitted them to my girlfriend's car (also a punto) and with the camber out, there was way too much toe-in and caused major issues!

What was your Punto Kevin?

EDIT: Found you... yours is the tesco blue one! You commented on my thread on Pmk2 - Cinquepunto haha

Edited by Maverick vRS

Hopefully the highsports will be ok, they aren't the cheapest option available in the FK range so hopefully they will be all good.

Can't be arsed to change the suspension over until the new year, when the weather picks up a bit.

Indeed, bear in mind the fk highsports and konigsports may not be as street oriented other makes. And as Kenny said, if lowered a lot with the rear bump stops as standard instead of cut/down or shorter ones the shocks will ride on the bump stops and crash around.

Edited by Dougie S

Indeed, bear in mind the fk highsports and konigsports may not be as street oriented other makes. And as Kenny said, if lowered a lot with the rear bump stops as standard instead of cut/down or shorter ones the shocks will ride on the bump stops and crash around.

Dougie can you elaborate as to why the highsports aren't as street orientated as some of the other brands mate?

I'm not saying they definitely are, just that given coilovers used to be aimed at the more track/motorsport orientated driver older designs (and I think these are a fairly old design) may have got heavier damping and stiffer spring rates. They may well be absolutely fine. Don't worry... you always knew you would have to sacrifice a little comfort for coilovers. Just make sure you get the shorter bump stops for the rear.

• Like 1

Same, I had FK Highsports on my Punto and it was fine.

That said, I fitted them to my girlfriend's car (also a punto) and with the camber out, there was way too much toe-in and caused major issues!

What was your Punto Kevin?

EDIT: Found you... yours is the tesco blue one! You commented on my thread on Pmk2 - Cinquepunto haha

yeah, that's mine's! i'm still on there as i still have my punto as well as the Fabia.

Small world eh?

Had this problem with my old focus (on joms)

It is true you get what you pay for!

Got ap's on the fabia not the best but much better than Jom/fk ak/ raceland...

I have ap's too, highly rate them for the price!!

Mine are the Street ones lowered around 40mm loads of thread left and no where near the bump stops, the only thing they are good for is going around 50mph and making it sit nice. Ive had all my camber, tracking and everything set up and its bumpy as hell. there is no way you could go 70+ on any road (not that youre aloud to)

Do go round corners nice though, Ive just put a deposit down on a focus ST and im so glad ive not got to put up with it any longer.

Mine are the Street ones lowered around 40mm loads of thread left and no where near the bump stops, the only thing they are good for is going around 50mph and making it sit nice. Ive had all my camber, tracking and everything set up and its bumpy as hell. there is no way you could go 70+ on any road (not that youre aloud to)

Do go round corners nice though, Ive just put a deposit down on a focus ST and im so glad ive not got to put up with it any longer.

Can you feel where it's going wrong? Front or back? Even with "simple" Eibach springs there was a recommendation to reduce the bump stops (rear, I think) as they were causing "interesting" handling aberations.

• Like 1

I had FK silverline's supposedly better at circa £600, but they were ****e too.

blew both the front dampers within a year, running a set of KW's from DPM on here (cheapest I could find) and haven't had any issues since!

You can honestly feel that when its bumping about that something in the end is going to break or shear, I uprated all bushes, mounts and bearings. it takes your breath away when bouncing about.