underbody tray

j.braderz

Good question. I ripped mine half off on my daughter's driveway and had to get a mechanic to screw it back on due to the weird type of fastener. Think it is just a dust/debris protector and over time, a place to collect mud!

in a word what does it do and how important is it

my cars mega low and half of it is broken from getting on and off my drive only in the rear conners though it doesn't bother me but its not doing any harm is it?

if your going to buy another one, check the forsale section, ive got one of them and a few other bits forsale

i did not mean the engine tray

if you look at title it says UNDERBODY

my engine undertray is fine

Ibizas of the same age didnt come with underbody side trays (because there meant to be the light weight "sportier" cousin).. so they won't be mega important m8 ;)

• Like 1

Anyone got any photos?

Well i had a quick look on google n found 2 pics of the u derside of fabia vrs's... neither had the side trays...

My fabia has got it but it was a pd100 originally... so im guessing with the fabia VRS being a "sportier" model they ditched it like the ibiza's.. weight saving possibly :-/..??

2 plastic under body protection plates that run either side of the exhaust down the sides of the car body (underneath).. where the brake pipes + fuel cooler runs ;)

That thing with cooling fins under the driver's seat on the outside is a fuel cooler?

Edited by bonesetter