Brrrrrrr!

Norse

I'll have the car a year on the 23rd and made a great decision getting heated front window and heated seats. No scraping windows, just wait 2 or 3 minutes with the engine running and not only is my 'rear end' toastie but the windscreen is clear - shame they don't do heated side windows!!

I assume my following admission will be a bit like AAA....

I'm a numpty and I've just cottoned on that the side mirrors don't defrost when you put on the rear or front heated screens - the switch is part of the electric mirror adjustment button - you know, I did wonder why the 'heat' symbol was on there.... doh! :happy:

I assume my following admission will be a bit like AAA....

I'm a numpty and I've just cottoned on that the side mirrors don't defrost when you put on the rear or front heated windows - the switch is part of the electric mirror adjustment button - you know, I did wonder why the 'heat' symbol was on there.... doh! :happy:

But, as has been said on here before, silly Skoda haven't included a mirror heater warning light, so it's very easy to forget to turn them off once they've done their job. Don't leave the mirror heaters on permanently, as if left on permanently they will eventually fail. :(

Edited by speedsport

Not sure you need a light illuminated to say they are on but as to why they cant just use a timer function is beyond me ie after two minutes they switch off!

I agree totally that it's daft they don't turn off automatically at some point.

In some situations, you will need 'em on for longer than 2 minutes, so maybe they should only work when the heated rear window (or heated windscreen) is also on?

Edited by speedsport
  • Like 1

I agree totally that it's daft they don't turn off automatically at some point.

In some situations, you will need 'em on for longer than 2 minutes, so maybe they should only work when the heated rear window (or heated windscreen) is also on?

Thats how they work on our Ford and it does the trick perfectly. :)

Agree with others that side mirror heaters should come on with heated rear screen. Also, the switch for adjusting mirrors/turning on heating element, feels like something out of a pound-stretcher Xmas cracker. I sometimes am afraid to turn it on in case it snaps off in my hand, although to be fair to Skoda this arrangement is shared on some other VAG models as well - my last 3 VW's had it.

Edited by Truthseeker

Heated mirrors heated screen, I need heated boots and gloves today my office is a tad cold, - 6 bugger

post-52230-0-41933500-1355341594_thumb.jpg

Agree though the mirrors should be on a timer, my 03 van mirrors are on a switch on the dash and timed, but no heated screen :(

This has been discussed before and tends to divide opinion! I just leave mine on because I know that I will forget to put them on when I need them! Had last Yeti for nearly three years and no problem.