Saw my first rapid today

In Manchester, bright yellow.

Looked a nice shape, no idea on the interior. I'd probably get a Toledo being a SEAT man, but if the Skoda was a nice interior I'd consider it!

Mind you, SEAT dealers are crap.

• Like 1

Move to York, dealer is half Skoda, half Seat so presumably only half crap!

From my experience dealing with York Skoda since Keith's predatory takeover, then avoid like the plague.

Oh you could try Lincoln, the Skoda and Seat dealerships belong to the same family firm albeit on separate sites.

TP

• 4 weeks later...

Move to York, dealer is half Skoda, half Seat so presumably only half crap!

Nope, equally as crap.

As above, there are a few of us on here who have had unpleasant experiences at DM Keith in York.

I saw my first Rapid today near Warrington with a logo down the rear wing saying Rapid Solicitors.

They used to have Octavia's but obviously they now have access to a more appropriate model :giggle:

Can see a lot of these Rapids ending up as lease cars, as SUK have overpriced them for the private purchaser over here :bandit:

TP

• 1 month later...

Seen one in the flesh for the first time today and have tk say I thought it looked pretty smart.

It seemed to be a pretty decent spec with the alloys in silver and after not being too sure about it I thought it looked a very modern good looking car.

• 2 weeks later...

I hadn't seen one and then a couple of mornings ago on the way in to work I saw a Rapid AND my first Toledo, literally within half a mile each other! Have to say, the Toledo looked nicer to my eyes, especially from the rear. these need to come down in price by a fair bit to appear more competitive. Lots of family metal for the money though once that happens. :)

if i was at skoda HQ and the same design team designed the octavia 3 i would be very worried after the way the rapid has failed to sell, even with the equipment uplift and offers

i think the customers are sending them a very strong message through the lack of sales / enthusiasm

even the salesman at the local dealer commented the rapid was "a strange one" indicating they did not seem to know what to make of it and its placement

I've just had a look at and a sit in of a Rapid whilst waiting for my superb to be serviced. I think it looks fine from the outside and on the inside it looks simple but neat. Not sure about the new style steering wheel though. Looked more rear leg room than in my last Octavia and the boot looked huge.

but why do you need such a huge boot on a car the size of the rapid?

i still don't understand the market place for this car

if it is the same size as the current octavia then why is it not the new octavia, but not the octavia 3 is being made as big as the current superb and the superb is being made bigger as well????

it appears basically an octavia downspec'ed but with virtually no price reduction?

• Like 1

Me too!!! :D 1.4 tsi dsg please!

Just photoshop your rear spoiler on there will you please, to give me an idea of what a potential Rapid vRS would look like. Now there's a gift for the Skoda marketing people - telling us what we already know - it's a Rapid vRS. :rofl: