Selling your Yeti in the new year?

olibluegoat

I am really keen on getting a Yeti early next year. I thought would ask forum members if anyone was planning to sell theirs around this time (hopefully for another one because they are great). I am really after a diesel in at least SE spec. May consider the 1.2 / 1.4 but drive a diesel now and really like it. Let me know if you are as I could very well be interested. Cheers guys. Oli

I was going to sell mine after I found a mkII VRS Fabia, but after five days I sold that and kept the Yeti...

The Yeti is great! :D:rock::party::thumbup:

You owned a Mk2 Fabia VRS?! Interesting. I couldnt get on with it myself, no 'connection' or fun but nippy when needed. I had an estate for a week and thought that the boot could have been very useful at least. Prefered the Fabia 1.2TSi Elegance I had the week before as you had to do more to get results! Fantastic little car that :rock: Anyway, heading off topic sooo... mine wont be up for sale, sorry. :giggle:

Good luck in finding one though, great cars. :)

You owned a Mk2 Fabia VRS?! Interesting. I couldnt get on with it myself, no 'connection' or fun but nippy when needed. I had an estate for a week and thought that the boot could have been very useful at least.

Yes, I bought one last Tuesday and sold it later in the week.

Just fancied a change, but can't find anything that comes close to Yeti ownership.

I was going to sell mine after I found a mkII VRS Fabia, but after five days I sold that and kept the Yeti...

The Yeti is great! :D:rock::party::thumbup:

Five days is a pretty short time to own a car and get to know it :giggle:

Not one of the never ending oil consumers by chance :wonder:

Had a go in a vRS a couple of years back while at Allams, James took me out in their demo; akin to putting yourself through the craziest theme park ride :rofl: but not quite up to flying in the nav's seat of a Tornado GR. 1T or a Spitfire T9 ;)

Likewise decided not for me; felt similarly about the Mk 1 funnily enough and as yet to own a vRS, although we are awaiting the arrival of our very lukewarm Monte Carlo TSI 86 :giggle:

TP

Five days is a pretty short time to own a car and get to know it :giggle:

Not one of the never ending oil consumers by chance :wonder:

Had a go in a vRS a couple of years back while at Allams, James took me out in their demo; akin to putting yourself through the craziest theme park ride :rofl: but not quite up to flying in the nav's seat of a Tornado GR. 1T or a Spitfire T9 ;)

No, fine on oil.

Just couldn't get on with it after doing 400 miles in it.

Not that quick either, enough, but no feeling of speed.

But then maybe my opinion of fast is a bit skewed by other vehicles I drive.

The car makes sense, but it's not for me. Seems the Yeti is the one. :)

• Like 1

No, fine on oil.

Just couldn't get on with it after doing 400 miles in it.

And the soon to be first CityGo TT quattro B)

TP

Have to agree, it had a good linear delivery, seamless with that dsg box but it was all buzz and revs with no low down torque. Coming out of the Yeti into it also felt really low rent and plasticky. Oh, and my knee kept hitting the curved corner of the centre dash console.

I could stop laughing when James took me for a test drive in the vRS. I realised very quickly it wasn't the car for me. Compared to the Yeti I found it very uncomfortable.

And back on topic.

My Yeti is Not for sale either.

December next year might be a different story, but there will have to be something special to replace it, for me to want to part with it.

L&K 1.8tsi DSG with start stop technology........that might tempt me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boot in the Yeti is hopeless especially if you get a proper spare, (as we have)

We are only my wife and I, 95% of the time, so we have no problems in putting the rear seats down or taking them out ....... big Xmas tree in the car today.

but if you are looking for a big boot space, IMHO look elsewhere

(I'm very pleased with my Yeti ...... and would buy another for my wife, but she reckons that to have two of the "same" car would be strange!)

(I'm very pleased with my Yeti ...... and would buy another for my wife, but she reckons that to have two of the "same" car would be strange!)

What about two in the same colour, with the same Annapurna wheels and nearly identical reg numbers... :giggle:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Anyone deciding to swap their Yeti for a new one in the New Year. Looking for second hand one so let me know if you are selling

Cheers

Oli

Hi Oli, you just missed out on my 1.2 Yeti.. sold it 3 weeks ago but Australia was a bit to far for delivery anyway.

For what its worth replaced it with another Yeti. This time Diesel DSG. Just cant find any other car that equals the Yeti for value, comfort and performance.

Make sure you have a chance to compare the two different models. The 1.2 is brilliant as a manual but I feel needs the bigger CC's petrol or Diesel for DSG.

Edited by kimosabi

Hi Oli,

I might be (very reluctantly) selling my 2.0 CR Elegance in the next month or so. Let me know if you're still interested and i'll send you the detalls.

Best regards,

Nigel

My Mum may be forced to move from a Greenline (Diesel Manual) to a DSG in about a month due to a shoulder problem that keeps coming back after driving a manual.

If so her Aqua Blue metallic 1.6CR 2WD Greenline will be for sale. 12k miles, Oct 2011.

SE spec with lumbar support, auto lights and wipers and a spare wheel.

We'll be looking for £15,500 for it.