Octavia vRS

Wait? Blootoof is extra?

Isn't that standard on the S?

Are you sure that's not just for the signal boosting bluetooth upgrade?

Bluetooth is standard i.e. audio streaming, hands free phone, its the voice control bluetooth which is the £180 extra, which I believe is a very similar price across many cars in the VAG range?  My wife's Beetle had it as standard and being honest it is so bloody annoying, you ask it to call someone and it calls someone totally different!!!!  Is it worth £180, no thanks!  I am sure you can use the voice control on ther things, like navigation, music changing, input changes etc but its not for me.

The buggest crime they have committed is not making standard cruise control standard, if I was a company car driver who done lots of miles and was given the vRS on my list but I wasnt allowed to spec extra's then the lack of cruise would be an issue, especially if you done a lot of motorway mileage, backwards step from Skoda I think!

• Like 1

True, and I have to say I don't like the new A3 as much as the old one. The new one looks like a bigified A1.

I'm surprised you can tell the difference, they all look the same to me! :D

Anyone noticed the colour line up on the Skoda-auto combi website page. 9 colours listed but 10 cars in the line up. there are 2 reds. The solid colours seem to be at the right with the metallics next moving left and finishing with a second red and lastly black magic.

Does this mean that we can expect a metallic red? Maybe something like the Seat Montsant red? Now that would be nice!

Did the MK2 come with cruise control as standard?

Late pre facelift and all facelift UK spec vRS's came with cruise. Understand early cars did without 2 zone climate, elec rear wins, jumbo box and cruise but got all this as standard kit later on.

Stranger spec issue was in order to get a multi function steering wheel you HAD to have a DSG version, came as standard on those cars along with maxidot, the wheel wasnt even an option on manual cars

There's more change to this than the Golf GTI in my opinion.

Have to say if I was going for another VAG car with this engine/platform it would more likely be the S3 or Leon than the Golf. Not keen on the interior of the Golf either.

S3 is abou5 30k basic though; by the time you've added some sensible options you'll be looking at a 35k car at least. My money i would say balls to VAG and buy an M135i, worth doing for the engine and exhaust noise alone its out of this world. Edited by pipsyp

i see theyve finally fixed the Equipment part of the website and made it SE rather than Elegance.  Who the hell proof reads their website! lol

Interior Standard Equipment (Over SE)  
  • 3-spoke multi-function steering wheel for radio and telephone with DSG paddles (if DSG)
  • Backrest release
  • Front armrest with storage box
  • Rear armrest with load-through boot access
  • Textile floor mats

Spent a whole amazing day at Goodwood Festival of speed yesterday. Have not had time to digest all the updates in this thread so apologies if posted already but here are the exhausts:

Right - empty

post-55900-0-75157300-1373699688_thumb.jpg

Left - a TWIN exhaust

post-55900-0-34272400-1373699746_thumb.jpg

As to vRS: apart from the seats there's very little special in the interior over and above the Elegance tbh.

TopGear Review:

http://topgear.com/uk/car-news/skoda-octavia-vrs-first-drive-2013-07-12

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite a good review. The magazine is always a bit more sensible than the tv programme!

Same comments again, ie. a more useable performance family car for the real world. But this is exactly how Skoda are pitching it too "A sports class of its own" the press release says. The Octy is so much bigger than the Golf it really isn't competing in the same class, but I think this is partly how Skoda have been so successful in recent years - making a slightly bigger car for a slightly lower price.

Ah i looked at the blue Hatch on the stand and it had dual exhaust. wierd perhaps its just the estate.

Probably a TSI, it uses both exhaust exits where as the TDI doesnt

Edited by pipsyp

That's how you differentiate the TSI from the TDI now it seems. TDI has a fake right exhaust, while the TSI has true dual exhausts, just like the GTI.

Btw, the car can now be configured in Romania and it definitely says it's based on the Ambition spec (SE equivalent for the UK). So a lot of stuff from Elegance is an option now and the way I specced it, it brought it to almost the same price as the GTI Performance Pack price! Way too expensive in my opinion. I would rather take the more capable GTI instead and use a roof box when I need more space. What do you think?

PS: The panoramic sunroof and the Columbus navi aren't even available right now!

Edited by TudorM

Wasn't the blue one the tsi though?

Škoda had THREE stands. The exhaust pics were taken in the little stand next to the start line of the hill climb. There were at least three blue ones on show (one being raced up the hill) all being hatches. And at least three white estates - another being parked at the Škoda stand at the rally stage on the top of the hill.

Octy VRS Diesel, nearside.

Stock Skoda style diesel 2 pipe backbox which is partly shrouded by chrome finisher.

From some angles you can see the floor through the finisher.

uqya.jpg

Octy VRS Diesel, offside.

Empty hole goes into undertray.

You can't see the floor from any angle.

e7b1.jpg

that looks horrible!!!  :no:  :S  :sick:

• Like 1

Everyone is expecting to much in my opinion. The mk1 and 2 weren't exactly special

And for not in the same class is true if u only buy for size but I bet lots are considering both! So they kind of are in the same

• Like 1