Is the Mk1 vRS still the 'king'?

Mr Ree

I know I said the PD 130 was dated....... I didn't mean it in a bad way, I love that engine! Went out for a run to the sales (lol) after a week of no driving over Christmas and was just...... Happy :-) rolling down the window after booting it just to hear the turbo spool down.... Is it just me that does it??...... Probably :-p

I love my little warm hatch and its taxi engine ;-)

• Like 1

Everyone fails to mention the remap potential of the mk2.

However an overall package you can't beat the mk 1, running costs a remap potential sealed it for me as this is my DD love it and to think I was looking at puntos etc ha

I've heard owners if other cars call them horrid looking things , generally off disgruntled clio 172/182 owners when they can't pull on you.

Edited by ajs_vrs

looks like skoda agree judging by these photos, these are the 2013 concept Mk3 fabias,, looking preety old skool/mk1 to me :D

That's look quite nice! Potential for the vRS guise :)

Edit: with a diesel I hope...

Edited by wilsy7

There is potential looks wise with the mk2... but enginewise there a waste of time.. along with the 6r polo gti + ibiza cupra unfortunatly :(

Screenshot_2012-12-29-17-30-05.png

But engine wise it offeres a cheaper alternative to the two, that's the point.

I was trying to say all 3 are now crap because of the 1.4 tsi + dsg box.. seat ibiza fr 2.0 cr is the only one worth getting now..

I don't understand why Skoda didn't go down the same route, after all the success they had with the mk1 Fabia VRS.

They've even got the option of BiXenons!!!

• Like 1

+ who would buy a petrol vrs estate?? :S...

I was interested enough to go to the dealers for a look as I prefer an estate for my dog but ended up with an Octy VRS. The (Fabia) VRS

estate was supposed to be better balanced...isn't there a lump of concrete ballast somewhere in the hatch?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

I was interested enough to go to the dealers for a look as I prefer an estate for my dog but ended up with an Octy VRS. The (Fabia) VRS

estate was supposed to be better balanced...isn't there a lump of concrete ballast somewhere in the hatch?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

I had to build my own mk1 vrs estate lol.. they have a good sized boot but knowhere near as big as the mk2 octy estate :(.. think ill get one next.. if i dont get a T5 van..

Makes more sense to put a practical diesel in a practical car (estate)..

Bit off topic here but how is that se on a 09 plate. A thought they only made these in 07??

I believe it had been sitting around unregistered and unsold for a while.

It's probably the last registered LE in the uk.

The post is on fabia I... The mk2 crowd probably won't venture out of their cave...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Il venture out...... Although im never in the cave as the mk2 section has went downhill massivley in recent times

Much as i love the speed of my mk2 vrs im now bored of it.....its just lost its appeal to me. ohh and im sick to death of the stupid gearbox, i want a manual again :(

Tbh its far from the prettiest car but its also far from the ugliest but then again i bought it because it was the fastest car i could insure at the time

Should hopefully be changing for a mkv golf gti which is gonna get a gt30 or k04 strapped to it :D

As for mk1s.....i seem them and think ohhh another skoda and thats it, iv never really wanted one in anyway. Although i have seem some reallllyy nice modded examples at meets, the whole diesel thing dosnt appeal to me