anyone pics of Philips X-treme Vision H4 (or similar) on their car

berre

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the Modulite DRL's... which are bright white from what I can see on pictures

They will contrast a bit too much with my yellow-ish stock bulbs so I was thinking of getting replacements with a more white shine to them and having some better output wouldn't be bad neither

I've read good things about Philips X-treme Vision but I was wondering how white they are and would love to see them on an Octavia so pics are welcome

Off course also experiences with this type or other types/brands are welcome, they just have to meet following requirements:

- durable

- good output (better then stock)

- white (not blue or yellow)

cheers

B

I don't find them very good on dipped beam. Main beam is excellent.

Interesting. I find it kinda the other way around. In that I cannot use main beam without the dip together, or I can't see sheeit!

• 2 weeks later...

I got so annoyed with VRS lights being utterly **** I went for 100watters. I've tried everything else and finally my lights are about the strength of normal new cars. Obviously some might not want to but I got so annoyed with candles in Jam jars.

Nope, no issues at all. They have a coating according to where I bought them from that reduces heat output. Have driven for 2 hours with fogs and headlights on to test and just warm to the touch when I'd finished.

I've just put Osram Nightbreaker + in mine and whilst it's not brilliant by today's standards, they are much better than the ones that came out. I can now see more than 3ft in front of me and they are a little whiter than standard.

£18 quid from ECP too.

• 2 weeks later...

ok bought the bosch plus 90 because of the good reviews I've read, in combination with philips bluevision w5w

result is great, really white light. There is a bit of a blue shine in the reflector of the headlight but the light itself is white.

here's a cellphone pic, on the left oem, on the right my new setup.

picture doesn't really does the bosch justice though... the oem looks white in this picture but irl it's yellow-isch

haven't driven around with them yet but it lights up my driveway better then the oem's so it's promising :-)

IMG_20130125_181940.jpg

cheers

b

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...