Moist Fabia again :(

matt_j

Morning all let me tell you about my day started to Hoover car out whilst it was dry floor mat and carpet soakin oh joy lifted carpet cut out soundproofing bulkhead sound proofing dry so guessing its a door seal put a plastic curtain in for the time being has anybody had this before? As far as I know the backs are the only common faults gettin sick of this leaky car now!

Rear door seals most likely. Have you not already removed the cards and re-sealed them with something like gutter sealant yet, the problem was that the standard door seals are notoriously ****e

Dredding to think what mine are like following the recent rain, haven't been down yet to check but I have got newspaper to soak up any excess water so hopefully not too bad.

I already did gutter sealant mine last year I think it was but still get problems, might be coming from other sources not just the bottom of the cards, holes in it and the rivets etc

I think its very difficult to completely eradicate all water so I've given up til summer as you can then test it easily and it dries out quickly following any tests too !

As has been suggested orobably easiest to test for all forms of leaks whilst you are inside the car and someone hoses it down, summer job so lot as you get round tuit.

Hi all,

I had this a few days ago. Got the cards of and the sealant out. As its been chucking it down recently the foam that was already there was sodden. I ripped it out and dried as best I could then sealed it. However due to the rain over night the seal hadn't worked properly. Had to re do it with more this morning. Hoping this has solved the problem...

Anyone else found this?

I did my rears after it leaked, they didn't seal right so I'm just leaving it till it gets warmer again, the seals are always going to be wet in this weather so it's a bit like ****ing in the wind!

• Like 2

No it's not the rears I rear sealed them recently the rear is bone dry it's passenger side front that's the problem frustrating!

It is possible that the leak is coming from the pollen filter if it has been replaced at some time, according to previous thread on here.

One of the bad faults on my MKIV Golf GTI Turbo.

It was the front doors causing the rear foot wells to become a lake every time it rained.

Got a mate who knows Golfs like the back of his hand to seal front doors. Seals had lost their err seal and were leaking and water was runnimg underneath carpet to rear footwells.

Cured the problem and then got rid about two weeks later when the damp smell had gone.

Put a tied up washing up cloth full of rice in the back to soak up water, cheap and effective!

I don't wish this problem on anyone it a PITA!

Just an after thought, when you remove the door cards the little plastic clips tend break.

I bought 12 from VW for about £3.

The last thing you want is to put it right then not to have any clips to reattach the panels!

Edited by taff170

I was thinking of actually using masking tape/ plastic / some kind of diverter or something, but mine isn't even that bad to be honest even though I park on a curb which kind of helps it go into the car.

Not like I actually use the other doors much anyway. But for the mild moisture I am seeing slightly damp newspapers will do for me.

Also probably helps that I did mine with gutter sealant previous when the weather was GOOD in advance of the worse weather probably helps lol

I seriously think that damage reduction mechanisms may be best and putting it off until there is good weather where you aren't ****ing in the wind, like Danham said above ?

You say tht mate but did my back one fine in the rain sealed good too each to their own another member suggested a plastic curtain basically a piece of plastic tht is pegged to the door pocket at the bottom of the door card and runs under panel into door jam so the water runs out of bottom of door card hits plastic an runs out not in got that on the front at the mo seems to wrk

Sealed both my rear doors this week, in between all this rain, fingers crossed it'll work as I paid paid far too much for the over priced official skoda sealant and degreaser kit. I also bought 14 door trim clips and replaced them all while each card was off :)

Correct :)

Daft as it seems, the Golf was the same but it was the FRONT door panels where the problem stemmed from.

I did the fronts and prob solved!

The water was running underneath the carpet straight to rear footwells.

To save you time I'd do the fronts first to see if that cures it.

Edited by taff170

Daft as it seems, the Golf was the same but it was the FRONT door panels where the problem stemmed from.

I did the fronts and prob solved!

The water was running underneath the carpet straight to rear footwells.

To save you time I'd do the fronts first to see if that cures it.

The front footwell seems to be bone dry