Just won a Neuspeed RARB

Guest BigJase88

Guest BigJase88

Well latest purchase is

Octavia mk1 vrs farb and bushings

Octavia mk1 vrs drop links

Dogbone mount (will be installing red powerflex bush)

All for £35! Its bargain month is january :)

Well latest purchase is

Octavia mk1 vrs farb and bushings

Octavia mk1 vrs drop links

Dogbone mount (will be installing red powerflex bush)

All for £35! Its bargain month is january :)

thats good money, but on a vrs with a stock front arb and a 28mm rear arb the car felt unbalanced, the 28mm needs at least a 23mm front imo

25mm farb and 28mm rear arb is not the best combo for a road car !! imo

stick to the 23 and 28mm ;-)

but again its all down to how you drive

yes you are right, 23mm matches the 28mm perfectly...25 is a little too much imo, and 21 is not enough with the 28mm rear.

Guest BigJase88

Ah well

Main thing it was cheap and it sorts out my main problem which is the arb hitting the driveshaft :)

If i feel i want more i will look into it

No need to go balls out from the off

think he is using vrs suspension so with droplinks he can mount to those.

too thick a rear arb will just give you oversteer without beefing up the front to cope, so take it easy, as said in a vrs it felt really unbalanced

Edited by Oet

Guest BigJase88

Fr is onto the wishbone

BUT im using my coilovers from my octavia

Even though its not recommended imo its pretty ace and i have the fixings on the coilover units :)

So the world is my oyster

Aghh its fine using vrs on the tdi, coilies for the vrs are usually same as ones for tdi but have the mount point. either way they will be rated well over 1000kg so itll make no odds

Guest BigJase88

It will be right

Its a road car

Its got a vrs farb

Neuspeed rarb

And kw v1's

Hardly going to be wrong, no different to an octy vrs driver whacking an arb on! Could be fun i like lift off oversteer anyways :)

no a strut brace wont help, all you are doing is promoting oversteer by putting a thicker rear arb on, understeer is far more manageable, the ideal is to increase the vehicles balanced steer basically, so not too much of either or a balance between the two.

with a 21mm front, and a 28mm rear, the car i bought with this setup had a sloppy front end, and too tight a rear end, which felt really unsettled and unbalanced when pushed around corners. Just my opinion having had a number of different setups.

Demonufo sums it up better than me lol

Edited by Oet

dude, trust us you asked...don't go to the effort of fitting a vrs front arb, change it and get an r32 one, do you want to do the job twice? do it right to start with!!!

Guest BigJase88

I want to keep the pennys in my pocket :)

Just want rid of knocking noise on the front. I may even sell the neuspeed then i have an unknocky car for free and money in my pocket :)

remember your pholosophy on handling mods jase!!!!!! Dibs on the neospeed, ill cover your outlay on it - i can cope with a sloppy front end lol

yours has an even thinner front bar, so would suggest you def need to do your front if you were to fit a 28mm rear