13 Registration Good or Bad?

Owens

good find

Cheers

To be honest, considering you can buy all the way up to 99 plates and on, I was surprised to find it. May have buyers remorse in the morning lol but I can't lose too much on it.

Edited by MisterS3

Sadly it's entirely likely that many people won't buy 13 plate cars due to superstition.

Stupidity - just like the fact that aircraft don't have a row 13 in them*.

(*or at least, none I've been on ever have)

Well the last flight I took from Gatwick to Barcelona with Easyjet had a row 13......and me, my wife and 3yr old daughter all sat in it!!!

We also completed on our house purchase on 13th June.

Personally wouldn't bother me in the slightest, especially if in a few years I can pick up a 2nd hand bargain !!

I work on the railway, years ago a mad woman wrote to BR to say a locomotive with a number I cant remember would be involved in a crash, it was and they then renumbered it.... it was involved in another crash!

What Im saying is, a number wont make something lucky or unlucky. Its in the car from the build, thats how it works.

With religion still such a big thing its clear to see quite a number of people would be scared by a number. Me? I think its great and hope it does knock a few % off the used price as I'll be looking to upgrade my car at about the time 13 plates come through the used market :)

• 2 weeks later...

We are all superstitious IMO in one way or another, magpies how many salute them? When doing lottery some use a "special" pen, when going out " better wear my spangly underpants" I will get laid in them ;), ladders , said no too a gypsy selling pegs n flowers, Friday the 13th ( they even made a film) apparently, green cars a big no no ! They are very unlucky ( I know why) the list is endless

We are all superstitious IMO in one way or another

I'm not. If you'd like me to wear frayed undies and smash a mirror whilst sitting in a 13 registration green car under a ladder and telling a gypsy to get stuffed on Friday 13th, I'm happy to do that if you make the arrangements. Bring a black cat along if you'd like as well.

• Like 2

Can't find anything concrete from the DVLA however I heard on the radio this morning that they would allow customers the option of avoiding the 13 registration plan, this is more in an effort to avoid a drop in new car sales.

It seems the DVLA will allow the more superstitious new car buyers amongst us to continue with the present 62 plate which started on the 1st of September 2012 and would under normal circumstances run until the 28thof February 2013 when the new March 13 plate would usually start.

• 2 weeks later...

Well a trip to my dealer today to pick up my raised boot floor. they told me its on its way over the channel. I then inquired about the registration and was given the choice of 50 or so numbers. So its definitely a 13 plate, 13 days to go?

However the 13 gremlins have struck the washing machine went bang and replacing it has been a nightmare? Delivery delays, more excuses (delays) and then the new one arrives damaged. Transit bolts at 30+ deg from norm and two snapped off? Father in law in hospital?

What next? Bring it on is all I can say

If the DVLA extend the 62 plate will that not devalue 62 plate cars even more than a 13 plate?

Edited by Owens

Managed to pick up ??13ARO as the registration for the other half's Citigo. So pleased with that ARO for the winged Arrow Skoda? just waiting for the dealer to call with a confirmed date to pick it up?

Edited by Owens

Went to the dealer yesterday and the sales manager said that they have not seen a drop for the new registrations even with the 13 plate. In fact he said that they are seeing a rise in car sales for this time of year?

Edited by Owens