Wing mirror casing --- any ideas

Foxyfour4

If Bob is going to be home he is going to end up spending a lot of time in the corner!!

I agree with the comment above. When my parents both retired they said they didn't have enough hours in the day. I got into work tonight to find that they have issued a closure date for this box of 2017, one year before my 65th!! Looks like the only option unless they offer redundancy will be a move to "The Kremiln" in Cardiff, which will control the signalling in the whiole of Wales. Two words to that..........FT!!!

Good luck Bob.

• Like 1

......they have issued a closure date for this box of 2017, one year before my 65th!! Looks like the only option unless they offer redundancy will be a move.....

Unfriendly. However, Graham, you do seem to be the sort of chap who could deal with the matter in a constructive way.

Financial Times, Graham?

Well the crossword might help pass the time.

Not financial, as such. Part of this "wonderful" plan that the Government and Network Rail have to transfer all signalling into a pile of central Control Centres, and closing nearly all signal boxes by 2025. Most of our line is planned to close in 2017, however..............

Unfriendly. However, Graham, you do seem to be the sort of chap who could deal with the matter in a constructive way.

I'll cope. I've never signed-on since I was 18, and have always found something, but as this will probably be less than 12 months before I'm 65 I think I might just get on with it. Cetainly not worried about it.

• Like 1

I believe they'll be looking for someone to give guided tours around Shrewsbury box, being Grade 2 listed, they can't demolish it so they want to turn into a signalling heritage centre.

Mind you, they'll need to find a way of giving visitors safe access as it's "rail-locked"!

At least Severn Bridge Junct box should last a bit longer, and as said, it is listed, but I can't see them doing much to it. Interesting place though.

Not nice reading for lots of signallers:

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/publications/strategic-business-plan-for-cp5/

They're not the only ones.

DVLA are closing all 39 of the local offices by the end of this year. :(

No more popping down the road.

Everything will be done online, however, anything more complicated than basic transactions and you'll have to phone.

Sounds ok but there will be bugger all staff manning the phones.

Sign of the times I guess. :(

Hope you enjoy your retirement - you will probably find you've never been busier. SWMBO keeps me busy "Under new management" as they say.

Back to wing mirror covers.....

Ah, but I've got it sorted. SWMBO is not retiring - she has to go out to work to fund my leisure! I'm going to become 'house husband' ... baking cakes, making jam and chutney, brewing beer, walking the dog, bit of kayaking in the north Norfolk creeks around Blakeney/Morston, bit of sailing on Hickling Broad ... Not sure how I ever managed to find time to go to work!