Recommend me a TV

bowen

Motion blur is caused by the refresh rate (in milliseconds) which can be made worse through HDMI/set top boxes.

Get the lowest refresh rate you can. I assume they still list this on websites like currys? EDIT no, they just show the motion (htz) rate so you'll need to look at the manufacturer site instead.

Panasonic plasma are made by Panasonic, in Japan. Afaik they are now the only major plasma manufactures in the world. Their neopdp panels are second to none. Their neopdp panels don't burn (atleast it's bloody hard)

They do still burn. I have slight screen burn on mine and its just around a year old.

I know exactly how it happened. Was playing Borderlands 2 on xbox and the health guage and ammo guage on the screen never move and after several 4 hours sessions there is now a very slight burnt image of them on the screen. I can only see it under certain circumstances but it does still happen.

They do still burn. I have slight screen burn on mine and its just around a year old.

I know exactly how it happened. Was playing Borderlands 2 on xbox and the health guage and ammo guage on the screen never move and after several 4 hours sessions there is now a very slight burnt image of them on the screen. I can only see it under certain circumstances but it does still happen.

Oops!

• 2 weeks later...

There was a comparison on the gadget show recently with a samsung 3d tv and another make. I think it was LG but im not entirely sure. Bottom line was that the 3d on the samsung was very immersive whereas the 3d on the alternative was very flat i.e not very 3d at all. Worth bearing in mind though that not all 3d is the same.

I have two Panasonic plasmas, both 42" and both are superb. I also have a 32" Panasonic LED (which is of course LCD with LED backlights - proper LED screens are hideously expensive and quite rare). Picture quality wise they all do a stunning job with HD, but the LED has to be in True Cinema mode to avoid it actively dimming the screen in dark scenes, which improves contrast but can be noticeable (True Cinema mode turns the dimming off).

When it comes to SD pictures, the plasmas are miles ahead of any LCD or LED, even though my 32"er does an okay job. It helps that it's only 32" actually, if it were a lot bigger I think I'd see the difference a lot more.

I went to John Lewis in Reading and spent a good hour looking at all their display TVs and they were happy for me to play with the picture settings, which are always set too bright and garishly colourful in shops. I went there for their free 5 year guarantee.

Anyway, the plasmas are G20B and the older one a PZ0B, the LED is a newer model, the TX-L32E5B.

HTH.

We have am 46" Samsung LED and it is great. Picture quality is top notch, don't notice any blurring with motion, use it with a freeview+ HD box, and a PS3 for blu-ray and gaming. BTW the blu-ray in the PS3 is as good as a dedicated player. The only niggle is the sound quality from the TV is not great, but on test in store seems to be a widespread issue. We bought a Yamaha sound bar which is Awseome! We considered a surround system, but the living room is a totally weird shape so not practical. Other than that it has done us proud. Would wholeheartedly recommend Samsung.