Windscreen Washer fuse location?

A16NS V

Hi there I have just come home with a frozen washer but bizarrely the headlight washers are working. Now I think there may be a separate fuse that's gone? Trouble is I've looked in the manual and done a bit of searching here and on the net and I can't see it referenced anywhere!?

No 31 in the dash is the headlight washers

No F19 in the engine compartment is the front wipers which are working but not coming on automatically when you pull the lever towards you to operate the wash wipe?

No 6 in the dash is the rear wipe

but no wash one?

Does anyone have a clue where to look?

Many thanks.

Well the problem went away after couple of hours on the drive after the commute home so must have thawed or reset itself!

Still there must be a fuse somewhere for the windscreen wash and with the absence of replies I'd guess its not too common a problem yet for the Yeti?

Well the problem went away after couple of hours on the drive after the commute home so must have thawed or reset itself!

Still there must be a fuse somewhere for the windscreen wash and with the absence of replies I'd guess its not too common a problem yet for the Yeti?

Sounds as if there is a thermal cutout that reset itself when it cooled down.

Fred

Sounds as if there is a thermal cutout that reset itself when it cooled down.

Fred

Or the washer jets defrosted with the heat from the engine bay, although according to the manual: "the windscreen washer nozzles for the windscreen are heated when the engine is running and the outside temperature is less than +10 °C "

Or the washer jets defrosted with the heat from the engine bay, although according to the manual: "the windscreen washer nozzles for the windscreen are heated when the engine is running and the outside temperature is less than +10 °C "

Hi Zib, I must admit I did not know they were heated. What worries me at the moment is that although I filled the washer bottle up with a 50/50 mix of of concentrated washer fluid, the temperature here is -5 degrees and -9 degrees with the chill. On my wife's car last year the rear washer froze and forced the pipe off, squirting washer fluid inside the tail gate. Removing all the lining was not easy - it was not really designed to be removed!

I have never understood why the washer bottle could not be heated, either electrically or from the engine - so you could have hot(ish) soapy water washing your windscreen. Also why the rear wiper pipe line seems to be always externally routed, so always freezes! Tomorrow I shall be careful not to use the washers and when the ice and snow have cleared (heated windscreen), will top up washer bottle with neat winter washer fluid (closing the stable door...)

Peter

I always use the VAG screen wash these days, neat it's good to -70 so diluted to 3 or 4 to 1 is fine for life in the English winter even taking into account the windchill. No popped feeder pipes. OK it is not cheap in concentrated form but considering some supermarket stuff only works to -5 used neat the difference in cost with diluted VAG stuff makes more sense. It's also recommended for cars that have fan screen jets as fitted to the SM. Smells nice too :happy:

I don't think the screen washer nozzles are heated (in the UK market). I suspect it is another of those * paragraphs!

I searched the pdf manual linked via the sticky, and no asterisk, but you may well be right, or the spec may have changed. However, even with heating, if the pipework behind the frozen bit gets chilled and the antifreeze isn't strong enough or has evaporated, then nothing will come out.

Seems to be fuse 6

"Rear window wiper motor, Windscreen and rear window washer pump"

Thanks for the help. Where is this referenced as it's not in the manual that I could see?

I'd also add that my nozzles are not heated as everything has frozen up twice since, despite a heavy concentration of screen wash.

Time to change brand I think!

Found the info in the ElsaWin v4.0 Service Repair Manual, recently bought off a seller at ebay-uk.

I don't know if my Yetis nozzles are heated (car origins from a uk source, but is LHD and with a French type aproval), but I have not experienced frozen up nozzles nor frozen screenwash.

I try to avoid using the screenwash if colder than -5C. My screenwash is a concentrate diluted to approx -25C. Use the same concentrate in the summer, but then diluted to approx -10C.

• 7 years later...

My washer engine for windscreen is not working. And also i am not hearing it ...I  am thinking for fuse...but which is?? In the manual is not show.

I have not heated nozzles.

The liquid is for winter.

Edited by laur

1 hour ago, laur said:

My washer engine for windscreen is not working. And also i am not hearing it ...I  am thinking for fuse...but which is?? In the manual is not show.

I have not heated nozzles.

The liquid is for winter.

What year is your Yeti?

Have you tried fuse 6, as suggested by 175GDY a few posts above?

Edited by Wino

Check the fuse, especially if the rear wiper doesn't work.

It sounds like this thread might be worth looking at.  Rear wiper won't stop/intermittent - No screenwash - Skoda Yeti Guides - BRISKODA

And this one: Another Rear wiper won't stop thread.... - Skoda Yeti - BRISKODA and this one, all related to the same wiring fault. Anyone got Wiring driagrams for Yeti MK1? - Skoda Yeti - BRISKODA