I found my Superb: She's called Audrey!

Racing boy!

Why is your shark fin off centre (on the side of roof)?

Wot black spot?

Cant really see from night pic :-(

U have a 3rd brake light?!!!

I want one too!

i'l get a better pic up soon the arial at the side is for the taxi radio it is magnetic and sticks to the roof yes there is a 3rd brake light, audrey will get one too cause all the hatch superbs have them to tell you when the mechanism has changed over to open in hatchback mode

My options are:

Aqua blue metallic paint

Black leather

‘Luna’ alloy wheels

Auto dimming rear view mirror

Electric tailgate

Heated washer nozzles

Heated windscreen

Wood decor

Sunset glass

Variable boot floor

3 spoke leather steering wheel

Park Assist

Spare wheel

Floot mats

Mudflaps

The park assist is very good, BUT keep an eye on the curb, because it WILL put you into a curb if you are not paying attention!

Thks Racing Boy!

U mean the 3rd brake lights indicates whn in saloon / hatch mode?

I need to check this nx tue!

How do u know which mode?

if you want to open in saloon mode you press the middle button on the boot it will flip itself open or press and hold the middle button on the key for 2 seconds and it will open up but if you want hatch mode you press the right button on the boot it will make a noise and the top brake light will flash 2 times when it stops you open it up and it will be in hatchback mode and gently pull it back down into the latch and it will close itself

To retake control of the park assist simply turn the steering wheel.

Park assist is supposed to line you up with the car in front and behind, however the very first time I used it (about 3 days after collecting the car) I approached a gap, pressed the button and to my amazement the Park Assist said the gap was large enough (I personally would have drove on by!), i selected reverse and in it went, whilst i was muttering **** thats tight! as it missed the car in front by just inches! but I let it’s do it’s thing right up to the sidewall of the tyre just touching the curb! fortunately I had my winter wheels and tyres on.

Once the car had finished parking itself I got out to see how far the vehicle in front and behind were away from the curb (people will tell you it will park parallel with the other two vehicles, so if they are touching the curb then you will be as well!) I was surprised to see they were a good 8” and 12” away from the curb!!

I still use Park Assist, but I always drop the mirror so I can see the rear wheel, I can then intervene if needs be.

Do you think it lines itself up with the offside of each car, so if the other cars are narrower than yours it can't/doesn't take that into account? something to watch out for with a wide car I guess if I'm on the right track, just don't park between 2 small cars with a wall rather than a kerb in the gap!

I did think that but the Superb isn’t particularly wide and from memory it wasn’t in line with the offside either, I know it was a couple of years ago so I don’t remember all the details but I do remember that not being the issue.

Sorry Wayne I missed the other 2 questions :blush:

Sunset glass is the darker tinted windows from the B pillar back

Mud flaps are not std either, but they are a piece of cake to fit if they are not on your car, the rear uses the OE screws whilst the front ones use the screws but also reguire a small (6mm ish??) hole to be drilled into the plastic arch liner so that the plastic fitting supplied can be pushed in.

All 4 can be fitted without removing the wheels (providing you can get the drill in place, mine just fitted).

Thks again Martin.

I wanted Sunset Glass! :-(

Hence now i may just add some rear blinds.

Not a car diy - so will leave the mud-flaps.

So in Park Assist mode - if i take control of the steering wheel isnt tht dangerous?

One it could break the Park Assist mechanism whilst i try to turn opposite to what Park Assist wants?

Wouldt it snap your hands off whilst its auto steering - thn u try to intervene?

Or is there a safety feature built-in?

I wonder if extra sensors on thr rear side wheel arches and one on the B-pillar

Would have suppliment the front side wheel arches sensor better?

• Like 1

i hope you are not going to spoil that car when you get it.

bill

Bill

Audrey is a lady.

and hence I need to treat her as one.

Still looking for cool winter alloys/tyres

Tyre Tree

Original Superb Mats - Know where to get some? Cheap?

Discussing with TWO dealers about Extended Warranty: One says it does NOT covered SatNav, the others say they DO (Both are DM Keith?!!!).

Eyelashes for Audrey (Waiting for my BriSkoda.net decal to go above the head-lamp)

She will be thirsty when she gets home - I have some DoDO Juice ready for her.

That dry atmosphere not good for her skin, I have some moisturiser as well (Leather food)

I have a pet name for my Audrey too (new private plates): Skoda quoted £14 for pair (And £24 with logo)

Hopefully some new Falken ze914 high-heels for her by Summer.

Thinks that for this year...not thought about wot to get her for her 1st Birthday yet? :hi:

Latest:

Tues:

1. Picking up Audrey 2moro

2. Transfer Private Plate at Birmingham DVLA on return journey.

Wed:

Booked in at Skoda (Leeds)

3. Health chk (to buy Extended Warranty): £20

4. Make NEW Number Plates: £14 (fitted)

5. Carpet Floor Mats (logo): £42

Still unsure whether thd SatNav will be covered by the Extended Warranty.

Forum members say no.

Warranty docs say no.

But one dealer says ORIGINAL satnav should be covered "if" a manufacturer defect?