Fuel Consumption

Sandy.Rogers

My last tankful averaged 33mpg........

I've been getting in the low 20's recently on individual trips. Not good. It takes so long for the engine to warm up in this weather.

So grateful for heated seats.......heated screen, mirrors & rear window. Could do with a heated steering wheel.

:lol:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 1 month later...

Just back from a round trip of 375 miles from Carlisle to Chesterfield. I don't do many long journeys so this was of interest to me. Driving conditions perfect and very little traffic so on the mainly dual carriageway route I did a steady 74mph on clock (70mph on satnav) on cruise control and a steady 63/60 mph on single carriageway. maxidot registered 49.8mpg and brim to brim calculation 44mpg. Not bad for a brick shaped 4x4 170 elegance. The overall calculated mpg over 16600 miles is now 42mpg.

On the other side of the consumption debate, my mpg on the 29 mile journey home tonight was 61.8mpg. Which for a 4x4 is frankly remarkable. OK the consumption reading may be up to 10% optimistic, but that's still 55mpg. Bloody marvellous!

P1010620.jpgthis by the look of it (posted by richf)

But how many miles had it done on the tankful & which diesel does he have.

I managed 15mpg when driving it flat out around Castle Coombe for our 11 minute slot.

I'm just about at the red and I have done about 280 miles so far on this tank, at an average of around 33mpg. I'll see how far I can go before filling up. South London traffic, short journeys and cold weather. All my recent clients have been local. I am booking some longer trips now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the other side of the consumption debate, my mpg on the 29 mile journey home tonight was 61.8mpg. Which for a 4x4 is frankly remarkable. OK the consumption reading may be up to 10% optimistic, but that's still 55mpg. Bloody marvellous!

You must live in a fairly flat area!!!

Makes a big difference! When I lived in West Yorkshire, and was commuting largely on country roads, but 'up hill and down dale' in the Pennines, I was getting average consumption in the low 40s. Since I've moved back home to Norfolk it's high 40s or low 50s - mainly rural drivng.

Makes a big difference! When I lived in West Yorkshire, and was commuting largely on country roads, but 'up hill and down dale' in the Pennines, I was getting average consumption in the low 40s. Since I've moved back home to Norfolk it's high 40s or low 50s - mainly rural drivng.

Conversely,the best I ever got from my 170 TDi,was through the Yorkshire Dales .

The most uphill and down dale route I could find,48 mpg.

The average speed was very low though.

Hey got my new yeti on Tuesday, the garage filled it with diesel for me before I picked it up , yesterday Wednesday my fuel guage was down by quarter of a tank this I thought was normal, then today Thursday my fuel guage has now gone back up to full, I have done 130 miles in total anyone else experienced this ? Maybe it just needs to settle down or maybe a faulty guage ? .

Suffolk and my commute is to Norwich. So a tad flat (and then some!)

Suffolk and my commute is to Norwich. So a tad flat (and then some!)

Are you allowed to cross the border bor? We've not forgiven you silly Suffolk folk yet for siding with the Romans against our Boudicca!

I'm originally from Lancashire, but my dad was a Suffolk boy.

So I've returned to my Roots!

What did the Romans do for us anyway?

apart from.......