Snow foamed the yeti this afternoon

Yetigreenline2

Snowy is getting a snowfoam wash today and new layer of Sonax spray applied, ready for his holiday to Edinburgh airport next weekend.

A glorious day up here again today  :sun:

:rain:  :rain:  :rain:  :rain:  :rain:  :rain:  :rain:  So ended up spending money :giggle:

• Like 2

I've been using snowfoam on my Yeti for the last year, started with Magifoam but got 5ltrs of Chemical Guy's "Not Touch" snowfoam in a gruop buy deal at Detailingworld.  Cleans just a s well as the Magifoam.

I'm currently using Sonax Xtreme range products at the moment and have Sonax Xtreme Protect & Shine Hybrid NPT seleant on the paintwork.  I top this up with Xtreme Brilliant detailer after a wash with Xtreme 2 in 1 shampoo.

Here's a video I did a couple of weeks ago to show the hydrophobic qualities of the sealant 

• Like 1

Welcome to the other side Codhead. Sonax are really quality products especially the xtreme quick detailer, just had some delivered today from CYC.MarieK and myself swear by it, the beading is superb from the bonnet.

Tony

• Like 1

I've tried out the Armor All Shield on my Yeti today. Doubt it's hurricane proof, but the current rain seems to be beading nicely on the paint. Certainly easy to apply (after a wash and clay), and has left a decent shine.

Now to see if it outlasts the Turtle Wax Platinum that was used before - that lasted for about a month on the roof, and was still working reasonably well on the bonnet & doors after 6 weeks.

Has anyone tried jeff werkstatt acrylic paint sealer? it is so easy to apply and remove. I have used it on our last candy white yeti and our current moscovado yeti. I would post photos but im useless! As far as snowfoam goes I have tried meguirs hyperwash and citrus foam by auto finesse. Is chemical guys no touch worth trying?

I'd say so Andy, it cleans as well as any others I've tried.  No snowfoam will clean 100% but they are good for taking most of the crap off you paint before you give it a proper wash.

Edited by CodHead

• 4 weeks later...

After accidentally trying to poison Snowy, I think I think a bit of TLC is the least you could do to make amends!! (Says he whose Regency Green is currently making a passable attempt at masquerading as a Cappachino).

• Like 1

Marie, seeing as you are a fan of Sonax Xtreme brilliant shine detailer,can I recommend you to purchase some Sonax Xtreme protect and shine hybrid NPT.As Codhead suggested in an earlier post he had tried both products on his Yeti.The combination of both products is awesome, and is a good basis for a bit of extra protection for Winter.

Just try it you will love the finish!!!!!

Tony

Does anyone know the environmental impact of Snowfoam, is it biodegradable etc? Looking on line people assume it is but I have yet to see it confirmed. Obviously using this product in a domestic setting the residue will end up in the surface water drainage system via road gulleys etc and eventually into watercourses.

A commercial setting eg car wash has interceptors and drains into the foul water system for treatment.

• Like 1

"Hi guys, been trying to find source for Sonax Xtreme Protect & Shine Hybrid NPT but failed so far. Been on eBay, Amazon & googled??

Can someone point me in the right direction."

Try this to start :http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/sonax-xtreme-protect-shine-hybrid-npt/prod_1200.html

Will look again when have more time but am sure the previous postees will be able to provide some alternative sources.

Clean Your Car is the only place I have been able to source Sonax protect and Shine Hybrid NPT and Quick Detailer from.They are not out on price either (even with postage costs to the IOM). I did try E/Bay but you will find that it is either German or USA sellers and the postage is horrendous. If you buy the NPT, get the product without the Pad and Microfibre and it is about a fiver cheaper,and don,t forget that you acquire points to use next time to get it even cheaper.HTH

Tony

I've been using snowfoam on my Yeti for the last year, started with Magifoam but got 5ltrs of Chemical Guy's "Not Touch" snowfoam in a gruop buy deal at Detailingworld.  Cleans just a s well as the Magifoam.

I'm currently using Sonax Xtreme range products at the moment and have Sonax Xtreme Protect & Shine Hybrid NPT seleant on the paintwork.  I top this up with Xtreme Brilliant detailer after a wash with Xtreme 2 in 1 shampoo.

Here's a video I did a couple of weeks ago to show the hydrophobic qualities of the sealant 

Really like your hose gun Codhead, what type is it and where would I acquire such a thing?

• 3 months later...

Washed the Yeti last week and noticed that there was little or no beading on the roof. Not bad considering what it's been through since October (yes, it's been washed several times since then, but not treated with Armorall again). The rest of the car seemed to be fine though.

So pre-washed with citrus stuff, rinsed, de-tarred (which took ages - no wonder there are so many pot-holes around here - all the tar is on my car), snow foamed, washed, dried and then re-applied the Armorall again. Beading beautifully again. Given how easy it is to apply, I can't help but recommend it to anyone.

One question though - the similar product from Sonax - how does that compare in terms of time between applications?

The timespan on Sonax xtreme QD is generally about 2/3 months before reapplying.Me I,m a bit OCD and usually reapply once a month,mainly due to the fact that I live 5 minutes from the sea and do not like the fact that the sea air and sea spray could cause havoc with the paint work.Have been known to wash the Yeti at least twice a week when I can, just can,t live with a dirty Yeti.

Tony