HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS & VIDEOS THEN SHARE THEM - THE EASY WAY

Recommendation: a good photo for online sharing has the following qualities:

• it has good luminosity;
  • it is well focused;
  • it has details clearly annotated (if needed);
  • it has no less than 600 x 600 pixels, and no more than 1200 x 1200 pixels;
  • it is saved as JPG

Step 1 - registration to a photos/videos hosting site

There are many such hosting sites. In this tutorial we shall go to ImageShack site (http://imageshack.us/). After the page has loaded, you'll see in the upper right corner a Sign Up link. Click it and register. It's free.

th_is_step1_zps4ec84b89.jpg

Step 2 - download a photo/video uploader software

Basically that is a nice Windows program that will help you upload multiple files very easy.

You can download it at http://toolbar.image...oader-2.2.0.msi

Install it as usual and start it. You'll see this:

th_is_step2_zps13d9d256.jpg

Login using your info, then click Add button to add one or multiple photos.Then click Upload button and wait to complete.

Step 3 - insert image link(s) in your post

After upload process has finished, you'll get this dialog:

th_is_step3_zpsedf826f5.jpg

If you uploaded multiple photos, you can scroll them as shown in above image. Each image uploaded has its own link. We need to copy that link and paste it in our post. An image can be inserted as a thumbnailed link, like I did in this tutorial to save space, or it can be inserted as full size image. By clicking on the corresponding button (see image above) the uploader program will copy to clipboard the right code. Then you only have to position the cursor where you want your image to show in your post and paste the code (Ctrl-V). That's it!

If you need any further clarification, Like and comment.

Edited by adurer
  • Like 2

If fellow members think this tutorial might be useful for new members, perhaps a moderator corrects the spelling in it and makes it a PINNED topic. I don't know who should I talk to, and frankly I shouldn't praise myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Some 2 weeks ago, a major photos hosting site, PhotoBucket, decided to discontinue any support for Opera browser. As a consequence, all photos I shared through them can't be seen by somebody using Opera to browse this forum. Sadly, I have no possibility to edit my older posts and change those links. All I could do was to send a rant message to Photo(F)uck(i)t support team. Here it is below.

hi

I've read about your recent decision (starting some 2 weeks ago) on discontinuing any support for Opera browser.

You didn't mention WHY is that, but I have to say your decision proves A LACK OF RESPECT TOWARDS US. I trusted you and I posted my photos on many forums. Those photos can't be seen now by anyone using Opera to browse those forums. And I am talking about forums created to help other people, not just showing stupid vacation photos. I can only speculate you might have 2 reasons for your decision: either your programmers are too lazy, or you are Google (Chrome) funded.

Either way you totally blew it. You suck. Show some respect damn it.

Edited by adurer
  • Like 1