Bluetooth Odb2 diagnostic reader

Anyone recommend a good Bluetooth odb2 diagnostic reader the works with an iPhone 3GS. Just heard about these and wanted to know more and maybe get myself one to check out my pre fl 1.8 TSI

They don't work with I phones, think it's something to do with how the I phone uses blue tooth. You can get wireless ones that will work but they cost ££££!

You're better off ditching the Crapple and getting a superior android phone lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

• Like 3

They dont cost that much, think mine was £15 from hong kong - took almost 3 weeks to get here but was ok - the apps cost all the money...

Elm wifi is mine

Mine was about £11 on ebay from UK and app free on android.

It used to be that the wifi adapters were about £100 in which case it was probably cheaper to pick up a cheap Chinese tablet or second hand android mobile for up to £60 and buy the Bluetooth adaptor.

Now wifi adapters are appearing for about £15-£20 it makes sense to go with that.

I have a wifi one which I bought from ebay to use with my iPhone 5. I've yet to manage to make it work though... It works fine with a laptop, but for some reason I can't manage to get the network connection to work on the phone. I've tried various family members' iPhone 4, 4S and my 5 with no luck so far.

The Elm 327 Comes with a CD with software to use with laptop although i just used Torque on Android and its ace. Didn't bother with the laptop and the free software as i have Full VCDS but probably works fine.

yeah raf was right its the torque app using my htc sensation, great for using as boost gauge, maf sensor etc, but when i scan car for fault codes it doesn't show any, even though i know it has fault codes logged as i use vcds also!

£3 app and £10 elm 327, its a great toy!

yeah raf was right its the torque app using my htc sensation, great for using as boost gauge, maf sensor etc, but when i scan car for fault codes it doesn't show any, even though i know it has fault codes logged as i use vcds also!

£3 app and £10 elm 327, its a great toy!

Think it's due to either due to it being a mk2 or the type of fault code logged as it reads them fine on my mk1 octy

Sent from my Galaxy S3, not a Crapple!

• 1 month later...

just bought a cheap vw/audo fault reader with mini cd of fault codings, great ! but where does it plug in too and do i need the engine running, or not, i'm a bit new to this home diagnostic milarchy...

Edited by Gazman

just bought a cheap vw/audo fault reader with mini cd of fault codings, great ! but where does it plug in too and do i need the engine running, or not, i'm a bit new to this home diagnostic milarchy...

Will plug into the OBD2 port which is just above the accelerator pedal.

You will need the ignition on for the OBD port to be live.

• Like 1

Will plug into the OBD2 port which is just above the accelerator pedal.

You will need the ignition on for the OBD port to be live.

Cheers mate, much appreciated...

• 3 months later...