when will they appear in dealers?

I live in Germany and noticed an ad from dealer that says octy is available to view from 16th Feb. have you got a time frame in uk yet ?

Yeh, my Octy has a MoT last week of March and dealer says they'll have the Octy 3 in by then. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Sarge.

Hi all, As it happens! I was walking past my local Skoda garage this morning and noticed an Octy 3 TSI (don't know engine) around the back 'just delivered' - got quite excited! Looks like a lot of kit on it: Columbus, Bi xenons, park assist, heated seats etc. I will try to go back later and get some pics (do I need to be a paying member on here to upload pics?) cause tried to upload my own car a couple of weeks ago and couldn't do it!

Regards

Richie

Hi all, As it happens! I was walking past my local Skoda garage this morning and noticed an Octy 3 TSI (don't know engine) around the back 'just delivered' - got quite excited! Looks like a lot of kit on it: Columbus, Bi xenons, park assist, heated seats etc. I will try to go back later and get some pics (do I need to be a paying member on here to upload pics?) cause tried to upload my own car a couple of weeks ago and couldn't do it!

Regards

Richie

Upload the pics to a site like photobucket and paste the link into your post.

Upload the pics to a site like photobucket and paste the link into your post.

A while ago I put together a guide to using Google's free Picasaweb for embedding photos:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/180677-why-no-avatars/page__st__-30#entry2171025

The guide relates to avatar images in signatures and the Picasa interface has changed slightly but the concepts are the same.

Best regards

What does the car look like,size wise, does it look any bigger in the flesh ???

I had the day off work and popped down to look at the Octy Mk3 - a well specced 1.4 Petrol Elegance Model.

If I am honest I was underwhelmed; car doesn't look any bigger in real terms and IMO the interior trim isn't as good as the Mk3 Seat Leon or Mk7 Golf (also in the showrooms here). The maxi-dot set up has been replaced by a colour screen showing doors open etc (similar to that on the Ford S-Max). One of the unusual features was the rear PDC sensors were only by the rear wheel arch and not across the rear of the car - does this model have a reversing camera?

I am due to change car in July, but will obviously wait for the VRS in Sep / Oct; however, if the cost to change is too much (as is being suggested), then I will be unlikely to stump up the extra cash to change a car that I am more than happy with.

One of the unusual features was the rear PDC sensors were only by the rear wheel arch and not across the rear of the car - does this model have a reversing camera?

Having looked at the promo shots online the sensors may be on the black trim at the bottom of the rear bumper rather than the painted part of the bumper...

blacksheep. yes I can confirm the sensors are in the black trim along the bottom rear of the car.

im In Germany and the octy is now in the dealers.

sat in a german spec elegance which had optional columbus fitted(€1700!). what I noticed was the doors seem very light to open and close. almost too light if that makes sense!!

the sd slot and dvd/cd is located inside the glovebox. this still leaves quite a lot of space inside though. boot is massive as expected. it had a rear wiper fitted but they are an €80 option for all specs!!

the dash is clear and well laid out but no topbox which as a yeti owner I find really handy.

the sticker price for the car I sat in was €29 k !!

this was a manual 1.8 petrol