Sean's vrs daily

seanw

This is the camera I have

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCD-SONY-Reverse-CAMERA-TIGUAN-TOUAREG-POLO-SANTANA-PORSCHE-CAYENNE-SKODA-FABIA-/400481603254?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5d3e904eb6

There are wireless versions also. Picture is pretty good during the day but a bit blurry at night. It also gets dirty very easy. Its more a novelty than anything but it can be usefull in a tight parking space..

Fitted some new door speakers today. The one in the drivers door was fooked and was noisy with any little bit of bass.

DSC_0299_zps50349976.jpg

DSC_0304_zps2a7b1cba.jpg

DSC_0325_zps194e26c6.jpg

Damage on the old one

DSC_0319_zpsdfabd3fe.jpg

Hopefully they will be better than stock. They were not very expensive anyway..

Cheers! The next major things I want to do are xenons and a leather interior. Octavia vrs half leather would be nice too!

On another note the speakers are a great job. Lovely sound out of them. I wouldn't mind doing the back now either.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

Cheers! The next major things I want to do are xenons and a leather interior. Octavia vrs half leather would be nice too!

On another note the speakers are a great job. Lovely sound out of them. I wouldn't mind doing the back now either.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk 2

I did an upgrade to HIDs and they're great! £35 off eBay and wouldn't go back now!

Where did you source your speakers from?

Rob

• 2 months later...

Ok. Time for some updates.

First off new style badges.

DSC_0370_zpsd8f1d5fe.jpg

DSC_0369_zps58ad7267.jpg

Some wind deflectors

DSC_0377_zps5b48954f.jpg

New headlights

DSC_0378_zpsb4b51591.jpg

Use the rings as DRLS. They come on with the ignition and switch off as soon as you switch on the parking lights.

DSC_0382_zps6136eabf.jpg

5000K dipped lights

DSC_0383_zpsb65feeb1.jpg

Also rigged up some washer jets... I hope to replace these with standard one in the future.

DSC_0384_zps72845b31.jpg

Octavia vrs half leather interior. Centers need a good cleaning. I might hire out a rug doctor and do them.

DSC_0379_zpsf868b3f8.jpg

DSC_0380_zps5c69805c.jpg

DSC_0381_zpse835ea90.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Winter prep time. Washed, de tared, clayed and menzerna polish with a kesteral DA Followed with a coat of turtle wax black polish by hand which I find helps hide some of the scratches and chips on the car. Then two coats of CG petes 53 and a coat of CG blitz!

DSC_0003_zps4b638e1f.jpg

DSC_0002_zps5a81ce2f.jpg

DSC_0001_zps171e40d4.jpg

Looking nice :) Do the wind deflectors do anything? My doors always sound minutely open or windows slightly down but everything sat right... starting to do my head in and thought deflectors might be my only option?

• 1 year later...

So haven't been here in a while but just a few updates

First off I made up this double gauge holder

FB_IMG_1443346800741_zpsx2oznffg.jpg

I also sprayed the other two vents gloss black to match.

Also fitted a twin exhaust tip. They are a little small but I might fit bigger ones at a later date.

IMG_20140720_182945_zpsxbmdiaf7.jpg

Wheels got a re-spray. Its storm gray metallic but looks more blue to me!! They will be changing again soon..

IMG_20140720_182913_zpsgwvydfoc.jpg

Oh and I fitted a set of audi s3 full leather seats

FB_IMG_1445095684873_zpstuwlb4pg.jpg

FB_IMG_1445161943516_zpsxvmalfma.jpg

• Like 1

Got them off e bay. They were for left hand drive but I split them and swapped around the beam deflector

Any details of what you need to swap? Did you swap the projector unit from one to t'other? Do they pass your equivalent of an MOT?

Any details of what you need to swap? Did you swap the projector unit from one to t'other? Do they pass your equivalent of an MOT?

No you split the lights and flip the piece of metal that is used for the cut off of the beam. It's pretty simple really.

I have hid bulbs in them so they won't pass the test here as anything with hid bulbs have to be in a lamp marked to take hid or xenon bulbs 

Fancy doing a guide for the stalk, I have a sony stereo which does support steering wheel controls

It's so long since I fitted it I don't think I would be able to write a guide off the top of my head but from what I can remember

You need

1. A mk3 Mondeo steering control stalk and the complete loom from the stalk to the radio.

2. An adaptor to suit your stereo and a mk3 Mondeo

Mount your stalk and run the loom from the Mondeo to the stereo. Connect the adaptor and off you go!!