Ivory Leather

stokey

Hi folks

I am to swap my my Octy vRS for an Octy 3 Elegance which I have on order. I've gone for the ivory leather interior as think it looks much better than the black one. I thought I'd ask ask those Superb owners with ivory interiors how well it stands up? Is it prone to marking from wearing jeans etc ?

Cheers Stokey

I've had a Superb with cloth ivory interior for 4 years. I bought it when my daughter was born. 20 months later my son was born. So it's possible to have two liitle children and an ivory interior, it's just a question of clean it regularly. Since a month I have another Superb with Ivory interior but leather instead of cloth, and now the floor and carpets are dark (right now there's no choice when ordering a brand new car).

Leather is much easier to clean than cloth, so I'm happier with my current situation: it's smarter and easier to clean than my previous upholstery, so I recommend you, even if you have little devils :yes:

I have just bought a Superb Elegance with cream leather. I have a 3 year old and my wife is due very soon with our second. So far, so good with the interior, it isn't staining with wet jeans or little persons dirty shoes. I have noticed that the rubberised door handles do attract muck, but nothing that a bit of Groom upholstery cleaner won't fix.

Ivory doesn't work with jeans - unless you properly clean the leather (soapy wash and balm treatment thoroughly) every couple of months - more if they are new jeans. However this does keep the interior smelling lovely!

I bought ivory interiors on both my 2004 Octavia elegance and my 2009 Superb II Elegance because that makes the interior seem so much bigger and is far lighter. I've always kept my cars looking good and I don't believe that there's any more work involved with ivory than any other colour, it's just down to how fussy you are as to how frequently you clean it, EOS. :)

Ray

I bought ivory interiors on both my 2004 Octavia elegance and my 2009 Superb II Elegance because that makes the interior seem so much bigger and is far lighter. I've always kept my cars looking good and I don't believe that there's any more work involved with ivory than any other colour, it's just down to how fussy you are as to how frequently you clean it, EOS. :)

Ray

Ray, like you, I clean my seats regularly to keep them looking good, but what do you use on the seatbelt webbing ?

Done 87k in mine with Ivory and no problems, even with our 2 year old grandson! As said found NEW jeans can cause some staining but easily removed with a decent leather cleaner. Just give mine a wipe over every now and again.

Anyone used Dr. Leather wipes,

Yes I use them on my black leather (cant live with ivory), they bring the leather back up like new (satin finish).

+1 on not using a conditioner on newer leather as all you will do is attract the dirt quicker.

The leather wipes work but as i said since the leather in the Superb is painted , soap and water work just as well

A leather treatment or conditioner will give them a bit of a shine and make the car smell like leather afterwards but its not really needed

The leather wipes work but as i said since the leather in the Superb is painted , soap and water work just as well

A leather treatment or conditioner will give them a bit of a shine and make the car smell like leather afterwards but its not really needed

I'm a little confused...is it leather or is it not (painted or otherwise)?

It's leather as in tanned hide , probably not cow hide though and it's then sprayed with paint.

Since its sprayed it won't absorb any of the traditional 'feeds' so its a waste of time using them

• 2 weeks later...

I have done 60,000 miles with ivory leather and it still looks fine. I will admit that a particularly dark pair of new blue jeans dropped it's colour, but the blue hint has now gone. Must say I much prefer being in my car (ivory leather and light brown interior) than a friends who went for the all black. Much more airy.