Easter Eggs

PropWarp

Hi all,

Ok the title isnt what you think it is, that said the shelves last night were certainly ready for this time of year........ Anyway!

Do Skoda's have easter eggs aka little tricks, hidden cubby holes, funny dial tricks.

E.G. if the headlights are one the windcreen demister is automaticaly on slightly.

Press the mileage reset button for 5 seconds and it brings up back ground system information, fuel content added since it was built etc etc etc.

My BMW had it, just curious if my dear Sko had it.

Fanks

PW :sun:

The only one I know of is to press and hold the mileage reset button to see the miles / hours to next service.

My BMW had it, just curious if my dear Sko had it.

We do have indicators as standard though... :giggle:

(Sorry. Couldn't resist the sweeping generalisation...)

• Like 3

On mine, when you turn the headlight switch clockwise the front of the car lights up....!

(ever get the feeling you're not getting a serious answer) :p

Haha, I know exactly what you mean.

Cup holders for my car was an optional extra......... For the please of such a device would set back the new owner £120inc vat. I kid you not, its a shambles. Im sure I seen air on there too for an extra £1000 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bandit:

On mine, when you turn the headlight switch clockwise the front of the car lights up....!

(ever get the feeling you're not getting a serious answer) :p

Oh haha, very funny :wall:

That was an extra too on the BM :devil:

above the mirror is a central sunvisor to block the irritating sun from the middle.

I just found out today (18 months ownership) that the wheel can be pulled towards you as well as up and down!

When adjusting the right hand mirror it automatically adjust the left hand mirror aswell...so parking mirrors in effect or for different sized people driving.

I think theres some other stuff I am forgetting. If you have headlamp washers they work when the main beams are on and you hold the washers on for a couple of seconds.

I just found out today (18 months ownership) that the wheel can be pulled towards you as well as up and down!

It can?

Or is this just an Elegance thing?

Off to give mine a thorough looking at again...

above the mirror is a central sunvisor to block the irritating sun from the middle.

When adjusting the right hand mirror it automatically adjust the left hand mirror aswell...so parking mirrors in effect or for different sized people driving.

I think theres some other stuff I am forgetting. If you have headlamp washers they work when the main beams are on and you hold the washers on for a couple of seconds.

I found the mirror sun visor the other day, really useful for a little bit of plastic!

If the Elegance has it I presume the VRS will to be honest. I had to give it a reasonable tug as it had probably remained in the same position since it left the factory :)

Huh, whaddya know. Easy as pie. I'm 100% certain I tried to do that when I first got it. Not that I actually need it with my little short legs. :giggle:

• Like 1

Yeah the wheel goes in and out a long way, as well as up and down. Quite handy if you're built like a chimpanzee like me (long arms, short legs!)

Rear seat bases. When you fold them up, there are holes in the underside to slide the rear headrests into. Keeps them off the floor.

Someone already mentioned the wing mirror trick of moving both at the same time.

Fuel cap clips over the filler door when you're fuelling up, stopping it from dangling.

Sun visor centre flap already mentioned.

Double tapping the lock button on the remote will lock the car but deactivate the deadlocks. So you can lock people in the car and not imprison them! Handy for a nervous wife left in the car.

Really useful little shelf under the steering wheel, where the OBDII port is. Perfect for sunglasses etc.

Ash tray bin thing pops out (front and rear). Does that count?!

Oh yeah, the coin holder. It's pointless.

Rear seat bases. When you fold them up, there are holes in the underside to slide the rear headrests into. Keeps them off the floor.

oooooh, I did not know this - will check that one out.

oooooh, I did not know this - will check that one out.

You have to partially fold the bases forward then put the headrests in then you can fold them fully forward and put the seat backs down. Its very neat and clever.

We should have a thread for "Octavia Easter Eggs" because I'm sure theres more than just this stuff. Its quite a clever understated car isn't it ? :)

My favourite trick the little clip on the windscreen for parking tickets. Handiest little bit of plastic ever fitted to a car!

Thumbs up to Michael1 too, the boot capacity is freaking huge!

• Like 1

• 4 years later...