Top Gear - Sunday 24th Feb

MikeW

Amusing but wouldn't work without the editing.

Interesting they showed the Up GT.

The front end looks so much better without the 'orrible tongue sticking out of thin lips.

109 hp too.

The Citigo GT gets the 75 hp engine and cosmetics. Shame :(

Amusing but wouldn't work without the editing.

Interesting they showed the Up GT.

The front end looks so much better without the 'orrible tongue sticking out of thin lips.

109 hp too.

The Citigo GT gets the 75 hp engine and cosmetics. Shame :(

couldn't the Citigo be easily uprated though, not to CitiGoGo spec, but Up! GT spec fairly easily, sharing the same platform, suspension, brakes etc should be a straight swap surely? Not sure what could be done power wise though.
  • Like 1

couldn't the Citigo be easily uprated though, not to CitiGoGo spec, but Up! GT spec fairly easily, sharing the same platform, suspension, brakes etc should be a straight swap surely? Not sure what could be done power wise though.

The main thing is being a turbo it should be easy to tune.

So even with a stock 110bhp it should be able to be upgraded to 130ish fairly easy, more with turbo work.

I think it'll be a real hoot.

Shame Skoda might not be allowed to share the internals for a Citigo.

• Like 3

Found the modifying of the fiat multipla for old people very amusing.

Best Top Gear feature for a long time.

The Up! GT photo on Top Gear was a VW Up GT concept from last year. VW has not formally announced when GT will go into production (and no official pictures), although they have confirmed that it will. I am ordering one as soon as they are available to order, as it reminds me of my VW Lupo GTi (brilliant car). The Citygo sport is not a GT (is it?).

Giving the OAP drivers a fog light switch that fools them into thinking it's on is a stroke of genius! Oh and that speedo that shows 15 mph when your doing 80mph is just brilliant! Volvo please take note!

My father in law drove his Volvo for 2 years with his fog lights on until stopped by the police! They asked him why he had them on a clear fog free night and he told them he didn't know he even had fog lights lol.

Giving the OAP drivers a fog light switch that fools them into thinking it's on is a stroke of genius! Oh and that speedo that shows 15 mph when your doing 80mph is just brilliant! Volvo please take note!

My father in law drove his Volvo for 2 years with his fog lights on until stopped by the police! They asked him why he had them on a clear fog free night and he told them he didn't know he even had fog lights lol.

What about the Sat Nav (with Richard Briers voice) with only 4 destinations - Home, Post Office, Bingo & Aunt Pegs. Oh, and the heater with just H & C. But the 2 "old people chairs" in the rear was just brilliant.

As an Old Fart, I have little time for Clarkson & Co.

But I thought modifying the Multiplas for old people plumbed new depths....

I truly pmsl :rofl:

I am really warming to the Citigo.

It may well replace my Roomy when the time comes

As an Old Fart, I have little time for Clarkson & Co.

But I thought modifying the Multiplas for old people plumbed new depths....

I truly pmsl :rofl:

I am really warming to the Citigo.

It may well replace my Roomy when the time comes

pmsl????

A fellow "Old Fart" petrol head who loves Clarkson.