Extracting more BHP from 20v Turbo?

What modifacations are needed to increase output on the 1.8 20v Turbo (150) to above 200bhp+ ?

Obviously ECU remap.

What about?

K&N air filter

Exhaust system

What else is good? What sort of output should I sensibly aim for without spending shed loads.

Jabba remap should see about 225 bhp & you might find thats enough & will be money well spent.

After that its probably worth doing the Exhaust next & costs for this can vary wildly. Try Blue Flame for a quote for a full system with a sports cat www.blueflameperformance.com. They can build one off systems cheaper than many "off the shelf" systems. A good system should be good for another 20 bhp but the map will need tweaking to get the extra so if you are definate about the exhaust do it before the car is mapped. If you use the car as everday transport & a family car the downside to the exhaust might be more noise in the car

After that its up to you but at this point you will find the clutch may start to suffer so allow for an uprated one, fitting the Corrado G60 clutch & flywheel is a cheper upgrade than many of the performance clutches advertised & should be adequte for most mods up to the point where you start fitting bigger turbos

Also remember that if you start going for big power then Brakes & suspension wont be up to it, then theres transmission etc etc.

Personally I would try the remap first & see what you think, for many this is more than enough

We offer software for the 1.8T Superb, in a 'default' mode running regular fuel you're likely to see 210bhp with 235+ftlb of torque. Software's fully adjustable using our SPS's (Serial Port Switches) so you can revert to stock mode, and set the car up to fuel specific performance modes. 5hr trial software is available for you car, have a look at www.revotechnik.com for your nearest dealer!

If you're looking at getting more power once you've got software, then a turbo back exhaust is the way to go... that with a CAI (Cold Air Intake) and if you can stretch to it a Front mount IC would be quality!

225 does sound a bit optimistic on re-map alone, mine only got 226 with re-map, boost controller, CAI and FMIC

226 doesn't seem like much with all that stuff... is it a vRS? Alot of people get 226 with just a remap.

226 doesn't seem like much with all that stuff... is it a vRS? Alot of people get 226 with just a remap.

admitidly it was running on 95ron and was told to expect better on proper fuel. not too sure about the bhp figure to be honest, got decent torque out of it though at 256lbft on the 95ron fuel

and its a 4x4 by the way not a vRS

A Superb (150). I would of course be putting Octy vRS brakes on it, and lowering it.

Put some 17/18? 235's on it.

Haven't got the ca yet, but it's my plan for when I do get it.

Gonna make a Superb vRS! Wonder if a RS4 front bumper would fit?? Or would that make me a barry boy?

• 2 weeks later...

hello oc-quattro

start from the ecu program, then move on to everything else.

I had Abt installed, excellent, but it was too much of a limo-program (1 bar)

so i had a custom one written on the road, with high pressure and good timing

after you sort your ecu code, go fix the exaust and then add a front mount intercooler

you might also want to relocate the dv for convinience

also maybe try the samco hoses for better boost.

doing the above, you will have a pretty fast car :cool:

now the brakes..

have a look at ecs tuning and the big brake setups they have over there

whatever suits a 1.8t passat or a4/a6 will do fine for your car too

wheels: you go on with 18inch. they will fit good, and never have problems with tyres rubbing the car.

dont forget to lower it a bit, you will see why..

..of course the above are mods for stock turbo..

if you want more power than that, you need to look for a bigger turbo..

whatever I can do to help you, just ask

Petran, Greece

If your getting a custom map you want to do all your mods first before remapping not afterwards, kind of defeats the object.

uhm..yes.. :o

if you go for custom, install parts first...

also when i wrote my custom, everything was installed..

but (in my case) with Abt already installed on a stock car, I also noticed inreased gains later on when changing exaust, fmic etc

both on street and on dyno.

so you really cant go wrong..only less better :)