Monte Carlo estate on the way!

http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/news/2013-03-04-new-octavia-combi-geneva-motor-show

Like the Fabia Monte Carlo, the ŠKODA Fabia Combi Monte Carlo is an homage to the brand's 112-year history of successes in motor sports. The special edition model is based on the Ambiente design package and has a sports suspension. The black plastic guards with a glossy finish lining the lower part of the vehicle, black centre pillars and black 16" Comet design alloy wheels emphasize the car's sporty character. The black-tinted headlights, front grille, rear-view mirrors, and the roof rack continue the car's black theme. The car's roofline ends as a large integrated rear spoiler. The windows are tinted black (SunSet package). The Fabia Combi Monte Carlo comes in eight colours: Corrida Red, Brilliant Silver, Candy White, Black Magic, Cappuccino Beige, Sprint Yellow, Steel Grey and Race Blue. All of the current Fabia engines area available in the special edition model. The interior features black and red Sports seats. The roof lining and floor are also black. The Fabia Monte Carlo Combi also features a small leather package; the 3 spoke steering wheel, emergency brake handle and gearshift knob feature perforated leather and red stitching. The door sill panels and pedals are stainless steel.

Damn that looks tidy! How much dare I ask will they want for one...

A vrs estate is £15k with the vat offer at the moment. Would probably be £15k + with no vat offer as its just coming out.

I am quite tempted by one of these, however a 1.2 tsi 105 will not give any improvement in mpg and a 1.6 tdi 105 will be useless on short journeys to work with the dpf.

I am quite tempted by one of these, however a 1.2 tsi 105 will not give any improvement in mpg and a 1.6 tdi 105 will be useless on short journeys to work with the dpf.

Curious as to why a 1.2tsi wouldnt give an mpg improvement over the VRS?

I'm hoping sometime to get the black headlights and foglights, and black grille surround and black wheels put on mine, so it will be pretty much a Monte lookalike in all but the black arches and diffuser

DSC_0650_zps52994672.jpg

• Like 1

Yeti_Man.

I have never driven a 1.2 TSI to see if it can return 45-62 mpg. Must try one with DSG

Probably the reason a 1.2 105bhp does not necessarily give improved economy over a 178 bhp vRS is you can drive a vRS like it has only 105 bhp.

Thats if you do not need to use the performance, go for max torque.

match the 1.2's speed without actually having to give it much throttle.

On the Supercharger under 2400 rpm will return 45-55 mpg easily without ever going for the turbo cutting in.

It will just sally along economically.

So 70 mph at 2400 rpm and you still can double that speed with touch the throttle to the floor and half your economy in a few seconds.

Jekyll & Hyde.

george

Reason a 1.2 105bhp dos not necessarily give improved economy over a 178 bhp vRS is you can drive a vRS like it has only 105 bhp. Is you do not need to use the performance, go for max torque.

match the 1.2's speed without actually having to give it much throttle.

On the Supercharger under 2400 rpm will return 45-55 mpg easily without ever going into the turbo cutting in.

So 70 mph at 2400 rpm and you still can double that speed with touch the throttle to the floor and half your economy in a few seconds.

Jekyll & Hyde.

george

Ok, im really surprised at that. I had to drive REALLY carefully to get the VRS to 42mpg on my daily commute but the 1.2 tsi managed it very easily. I had far more fun in the 1.2tsi in doing the same journey and mpg effectively. In particular I also found that the 1.2tsi wasnt drinking as much in the 6 mile stop start traffic lights section of my regular drive each day.

Obviously commutes differ.

The Twincharger does take a few more miles to get to best economy running temperature and a 6 mile commute will not really manage that.

0-6 degrees celsius ambient and my vRS has not got to 50 degrees oil temp in 6 miles and has not got near returning 42 mpg. that shoes at about 10 miles.

A drive like yours and i would be getting 28mpg indicated.

I can see where the 1.2 gets better fuel consumption in a short distance drive.

My 1.1 auto Picanto never uses more than 42 mpg no matter how many short journeys or cold starts it does.

Through towns and cities or through the countryside between towns, very different types of commutting.

Stop/start,

cars actually do zero miles per gallon while stationary and not moving with an engine running.

Does not matter what a read out says.

george

Obviously commutes differ.

Through towns and cities or through the countryside between towns.

Stop/start,

cars actually do zero miles per gallon while stationary and not moving with an engine running.

Does not matter what a read out says.

george

Agreed, I guess what I was trying to say is that even though they are both capable of similar mileage on a run, if you take it easy in the VRS, for 85% of what I use the car for I was getting worse mileage from the VRS compared to the 1.2TSi Fabia, especially if driven in the same manner! This Monte estate is very tempting (or dare I say, the Roomster Noire is also!) :)

Sorry should have been clearer - the 1.2 surely won't give me much better on a run.

They both give real world figures for combined run that are very similar.

Must test drive one, if it saves money at the pumps could be worth it.

Am very tempted by one of these too. Looking at the current Monte hatch on the SUK configurator the beige, grey and blue aren't available... does anyone know if the estate will only get the same 5 colours or will all 8 be on offer? Particularly the Race Blue?

Thanks

Am very tempted by one of these too. Looking at the current Monte hatch on the SUK configurator the beige, grey and blue aren't available... does anyone know if the estate will only get the same 5 colours or will all 8 be on offer? Particularly the Race Blue?

Thanks

I should imagine they'll have to hold something back for the vRS to stand out

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn that looks tidy! How much dare I ask will they want for one...

A vrs estate is £15k with the vat offer at the moment. Would probably be £15k + with no vat offer as its just coming out.

£13,240 for the 1.6 tdi....

• 1 month later...