Hunter Alignment results - Before & Afters

Putting my car into Autocity in Northolt on Saturday, Hunter 4 wheel alighnment, £55 plus vat.

if you look over the road you will see the police traffic garage. I, and many others there, have driven to Wheels in Motion in Chesham to have it done rather than use them due to the work we have seen coming out of there.

if you look over the road you will see the police traffic garage. I, and many others there, have driven to Wheels in Motion in Chesham to have it done rather than use them due to the work we have seen coming out of there.

I just looked on that 4 wheel alignment site and they were there as having Hunter alignment eqpt, what do you mean by what you have seen coming out of there ??,

• Like 1

I just looked on that 4 wheel alignment site and they were there as having Hunter alignment eqpt, what do you mean by what you have seen coming out of there ??,

I mean we will not use it even though it is on the doorstep. The quality of work is poor. Best to take a 25 mile trip up to Chesham for how much the fuel will cost.

I mean we will not use it even though it is on the doorstep. The quality of work is poor. Best to take a 25 mile trip up to Chesham for how much the fuel will cost.

I got it booked in for 10.30 on Saturday so will try and cancel, apparently there closed tomorrow..

If you don't show they can't charge you.

Just call them at 10 on Sat and cancel

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'll make up an excuse and cancel, and then give the other place a call, got to go to Luton Airport Saturday afternoon to collect the Mrs and Chesham is kind of on the way, that is if they can do it then.

Most hunter garages will only charge for what they adjust. Had mine done at a HiQ garage with a hunter system and they did a before and after on the screen. My rears were fine so I only got charged the £36 for front to be done.

I checked WIM's price on line and the cost is £114, hope this is the cost for adjusting everything ? I'll speak with them tomorrow to confirm....

I had three adjustments and it came to about £70. They will not rip you off.

• Like 1

Took mine to my local Formula 1 centre yesterday to have this done. It did actually go in about a month ago but my car wasn't on the system and they couldn't change the values so had to wait for the company to come in and update but also recalibrate the system. Anyway I knew it was out as the steering wheel wasn't straight when going in a straight line, cost me £72 for front and rears but it still isn't right. Where the steering wheel was slightly to the left when driving now it's slightly to the right. Going back this morning. Also didn't get a print out, forgot to ask - will they still be able to print this out for me or is it too late now?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

if the steering is now the other way, then the operator who did the alignment has not got a clue how to use the machine correctly.

The hunter setup is one of the best out there, but it does rely on the operator being trained correctly on how to use it.

• Like 1

With mine I get a bit of a droning sound from the back, especially on wet roads. My fuel consumption is not great and it seems to under steer a bit as well, like I've over inflated tyres, so thought I'd get this done just to rule out car alignment issues..

if the steering is now the other way, then the operator who did the alignment has not got a clue how to use the machine correctly.

The hunter setup is one of the best out there, but it does rely on the operator being trained correctly on how to use it.

Well when I came back to pay he did say he was chuffed with himself for working the machine out as he has never used it before. The guy who knows how it works is back today so will go see him.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Your rear camber is still not correct - rear left has too much -ve camber, hence why it is red.

Looks like they are using the old values as well of -1.45, the revised settings are -1.20 aren't they?

Toe looks a bit high, shouldn't it be 0.05 on each corner?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

That's still not correct, the Hunter System should be "fool" proof, if anything is red, its out! Not sure on latest values, the rig should be hooked up to the internet for updates. Take it back!

I'm not going back there again, they have had 2 chances of doing it and both times were wrong. Will just moan and get a refund from them.

Only other place close to me is Kaizer Motor Company based in Hoo in Rochester, anyone used them at all?

Gazman wrote,

...I get a bit of a droning sound from the back, especially on wet roads. My fuel consumption is not great and it seems to under steer a bit as well...

Exactly the symptoms mine had. The transformation was far better than I imagined. Fine a decent place to do it though. Sounds like there are even more rubbish places around than even a cynic like me thought possible.

• Like 1

Gazman wrote,

...I get a bit of a droning sound from the back, especially on wet roads. My fuel consumption is not great and it seems to under steer a bit as well...

Exactly the symptoms mine had. The transformation was far better than I imagined. Fine a decent place to do it though. Sounds like there are even more rubbish places around than even a cynic like me thought possible.

From what metblackrat says wheels in motion in Chesham sound a good place, called them today and you have to book your car in about a week in advance which seems to speak for itself, I'll call them on Tuesday on the off chance I may be able to get it done on a Saturday....

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is booked in tomorrow at Kaizer Motor (http://www.kaizermotor.com/) so will see what happens.

Have received a refund from Formula 1 auto centre at least as the regional manager agreed it still isn't right and I refused to go back :)

Lovely looking cars those GTR's in the link, often see one on my way to work and recall Clarksons ride in one on top gear..

• Like 1