Bobdogs Yeti Naughty Corner. OFF TOPIC CHAT

CFB

Getting paid to spend all day pulling levers and playing with knobs.

It must be very tiring, working on the railway?

The only knobs are here, :giggle:

but pulling levers and ringing bells is very pleasant, thanks.

• Like 2

I'm confused, are you talking about Bobdogs innuendos (ooh er missus), dog's having a slash on your shoes or Yetis (and every other Skoda) dripping on you when you enter it? :think:

trouble is if a yeti piddled on your shoes, that would be a lot of piddle, think about the size of a yeti compared to a dog (depends if it a bob dog after several pints of the foaming ale :p :p :p

hi bob

nice corner you have here

:) :) :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Northern softy ... Woodforde's Headcracker - 7% ... yew'll do right bor.

Funny you should mention Headcracker - look what just arrived today for the Corner :beer:

post-80615-0-92531700-1363719520_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Just look at what you are missing up near your old home up in Tod.

http://www.halifaxco...itain-1-5505680

Yeah, yeah ... the thing is, there are quite a few journalist types living in Hebden Bridge. When they want to move out they write articles like that to boost the house prices. Don't mention the floods!

Funny you should mention Headcracker - look what just arrived today for the Corner :beer:

post-80615-0-92531700-1363719520_thumb.jpg

Woo hoo ... what strength do you think you'll be brewing to? Had a pint of Nelson's Revenge today, at a pub called the Nelson Head at Horsey ... lovely.

Woo hoo ... what strength do you think you'll be brewing to? Had a pint of Nelson's Revenge today, at a pub called the Nelson Head at Horsey ... lovely.

The Headcracker is just a 24 pint brew so that should be 7%. The Nelson's Revenge brews to 5% (36 pints) - I've done this one before but the Headcracker is new to me. I have a barrel of Nog conditioning at the moment which should be ready next month :beer: :beer: :beer:

I want to try bottling some brews as well, so I can bring a bit of the Corner to the National Mega Meet at the end of July - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/262314-national-mega-meet-2013-july-28th/

• Like 1

AS summer will be here after spring, a few lighter beers should be organised. Timothy Taylors Landlord and Wadsworth 6X, both hoppy and refreshing.

I always enjoy a litre or two of the wheat beer when in Germany - Hefeweisse mit Citrone. The slice of lemon adds that lighter top note. Bier Blanche seems to widely available in France too now, and again is great when the thermometer creeps up to levels rarely seen here.

My lighter favourites would be Adnams Ghostship and Woodfords Wherry (when on the east coast) and down south, if it's ever made again, Sharp's Atlantic IPA. Sharp's seem to have stopped making some of my favourites since being taken over. Atlantic and Eden have stopped in the main.

Tribute is always worth a pint or 6, when in Cornwall of course...

Local to me, Redwood is one of my favourites, from Weatheroak Brewery. Haven't had a pint of it for years, and found a new pub selling it... went over at Christmas and they'd taken it off for their Seasonal Ale instead. Argh!! Reminds me, need to revisit that pub...

Adnams Best Bitter is a good light beer made from the tears of joy of angels captured as they watch England thrashing Australia, I've never been fond of Wherry.

:love:

Fixed that for you Bob!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh no, no, no! Nelson's Revenge is a damn fine beer, brewed by Woodfordes in the damn fine county of Norfolk - Nelson's birthplace.

Cab someone lease run my dog to stop sitting on my b vo pad!,!

Okay, do we have to rearrange this to make a well known phrase or saying or have you been sipping Bob's Revenge? :drunk::happy:

• Like 4

Oh no, no, no! Nelson's Revenge is a damn fine beer, brewed by Woodfordes in the damn fine county of Norfolk - Nelson's birthplace.

When I lived in the midlands I used to partake of the odd flagon of Old Hooky (Hook Norton) but it used to make me feel that my skull shrunk. More of am Exmore gold fan these days or dare I say it a decent bottle of Italian red.

Is there a "decent bottle of Italian red"? :rofl: Froggy or Aussie for me! :party:

Err.. yes there was but I drank it :blush: so no more decent stuff left. I do like some Chilean red crushed grape derived alcoholic beverages though :yes:

• Like 1