APR or Shark

Not yet. Maybe Mikko will be nice and sell me one too ;)

I'm sure a commercial arrangement could be reached if you'd like to offer the best 1.6TDI remap available Evan. Who knows, APR by Shark Performance.. could happen.

• Like 3

I'm sure a commercial arrangement could be reached if you'd like to offer the best 1.6TDI remap available Evan. Who knows, APR by Shark Performance.. could happen.

No gracias, but thank you for consideration.

All of our software is developed by our in-house calibrators.

I don't normally post on topics like this but here goes....

Firstly i have no affiliation towards Shark or APR and have never had a vehicle remapped by either party.

The way this is going, its looking sadly like Evan@APR is getting crucified for trying to defend the company by several folk on this forum imo.

I don't know if theres any history between the 2 mentioned companys but it's a bit pathetic tbh and doesn't give out good signal's to prospective buyer's of either companys software.

Again only my opinion :yes:

I don't normally post on topics like this but here goes....

Firstly i have no affiliation towards Shark or APR and have never had a vehicle remapped by either party.

The way this is going, its looking sadly like Evan@APR is getting crucified for trying to defend the company by several folk on this forum imo.

I don't know if theres any history between the 2 mentioned companys but it's a bit pathetic tbh and doesn't give out good signal's to prospective buyer's of either companys software.

Again only my opinion :yes:

I think if you followed it through fully, it appears to be more of a case of the big fish (not of the toothed variety) not liking the small fish p*ssing in their pond

I think if you followed it through fully, it appears to be more of a case of the big fish (not of the toothed variety) not liking the small fish p*ssing in their pond

Oh, Briskoda, you never fail to amuse.

On a positive note, we've all learned that Mikko now lives in England (hooray for Shark!), Brimma is easily provoked if anything about Shark is questioned, and APR has four calibrators and is also willing to bend over backwards for their customers.

...and Evan@APR takes notes about people(creep!).

The only reason I went for shark was because I got a cracking deal and they would come to me. A certain young man called Rick (from Swindon, who you may know ;-) highly recommended you guys, but I couldn't get the car to MK.

The only reason I went for shark was because I got a cracking deal and they would come to me. A certain young man called Rick (from Swindon, who you may know ;-) highly recommended you guys, but I couldn't get the car to MK.

I know him quite well :) Could have made it work for you if you couldn't get it to MK. We don't require people to travel to us, and to help we have ten additional distributors throughout the UK. Thanks anyway for considering us Sippo.

Damo, not been funny mate but how olds your car and how many miles has it done? My guess is your turbo was on its way out. A map is always going to put stress on components which is why the Shark website tells you, as will any other reputable tuner to make sure you're car is in good condition before a map (or words to that effect)

Sounds like a map has just highlighted an issue with your car, would explain a lot. Out of interest what failed on the turbo?

My indy has been trying his best to sell me a revo product for my Audi.

Despite his best efforts, by my own research I had decided that when the time was

right either Shark (due to their overall excellent reputation on here) or APR

(due to the suitability of their product to my specific car) would be getting the work.

In either case a fairly long drive to either companies HQ would have been required

as I'm located in Bristol. (My indy is 5 minutes away just for contrast.)

I'm a little disappointed to see the willy waving in this thread from BOTH parties.

I'd hope the people I entrust my beloved car to would be above all that.

• Like 2

Damo, not been funny mate but how olds your car and how many miles has it done? My guess is your turbo was on its way out. A map is always going to put stress on components which is why the Shark website tells you, as will any other reputable tuner to make sure you're car is in good condition before a map (or words to that effect)

Sounds like a map has just highlighted an issue with your car, would explain a lot. Out of interest what failed on the turbo?

Ignore me Dan

Was just sounding off due to paying out £700 and sitting with the bill in front of me

Not a good day for me

Damo

I know the feeling, the turbo let go on my old PD140 Jetta, I just looked at it as an excuse to go for a hybrid turbo - though quickly found out a paper bag would have held boost better than the oem pipework. Probably why my original turbo failed come to think of it!

I'm a little disappointed to see the willy waving in this thread from BOTH parties.

I'd hope the people I entrust my beloved car to would be above all that.

Sorry if it comes across that way from our side, I was trying to be factual with some tongue in cheek banter aimed back at Evan.

• Like 1

I've not got a remap so cannot comment on either but I will say after speaking to shark at the autosport show this year how refreshing it was to have a honest reply to a question.

I for one won't be getting my willy out to compare sizes as I'm a sore loser.