is it possible to buy a VRS for around

I disagree, my seats are still fairly clean looking and come up nice with care, no rips etc.

Best seats I've ever had in a car (certainly most comfortable) so its all relative.

Sure I understand people have problems with them and they attract dirt but they are bloody comfortable.

( If you really wanted you could even do a free pikey mod and remove the covers and chuck them in black die ! Surprised no one with gopping seats has tried it yet if they are really so anal about the seats )

Although having seen the state of some seats I'm sure theres a higher chance of poor condition on a much lower price car.

However that doesn't mean all high millers / older cars be by definition be goppingly awful - I invite anyone to come and critique my clean 100K seats - bet they are cleaner than most of yours :rofl:

Cars devalue quickly and the preoccupation with miles just increases that - meaning dealers tend to focus on overpricing used cars with less miles -

thats a good example on a cracking bargain to be made from that Bowen, well done.

This contradicts with the fact that cars not driven/run properly and town driven tend to be **** lol

You could even have extra work done and STILL be quids in - so long as the car overall isn't a lemon so that it becomes an endless money pit. Hope that gives you some alternative thoughts to suggest how you can get a good late car Alex.

• Like 1

If you start replacing standard parts with uprated parts, it can quite easily be a moneypit, in a different sense :giggle: .

The main problem I see with low mileage cars is youd have to assume that it's done lots of short journeys so never properly up to temperature. Pro's and con's of buying regardless of what you go for.

Ebay, Pistonheads, autotrader and here of course. You can also sell your car on here but you must be a freedom member to advertise (see top of every page).

I would avoid gumtree, to many dodgy cars being sold so very difficult to weed the chaff from the good.

Dont get hung up on mileage either, for example my 13 year old audi with well on the way to 200K miles runs perfectly and apart from a sticky brake calliper nothing has gone wrong.

05 plate, silver, 2 prev owners, all reciepts, mot's etc. Had factory fit cruise control fitted and 6 gears.

FSH, immaculate inside, however outside off bits of rush and small stoene chips, wheels could do with a refurb.

I paid £3100, 6 month ago.

Seems resonable? ball park figure?

Alex, £800 odd is about reasonable for your 1.4mpi.

I think I was offered that in p/x and went for private and got £900 and that was a 60k, immaculate maintained and pretty clean car. Not a lot but sadly thats the car game for you. That was a year ago too.